Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette

on 9/22/2012 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Despite all the good reviews I've read for this palette on MUA and seen on Youtube, this concealer palette was not for me.
On the plus side, the concealers were nicely creamy once warmed up by the fingertips (on cold mornings, I need to rub a little longer to melt the product). The powder is really chalky, so I use my own. Also, the yellowish green tinted concealer is good for a corrector.
However, I personally found it very difficult to match my skin tone. They provide a lighter and darker shade for you to mix together like a paint palette. However, in the mornings when I have five minutes to get out of the house, the mixing process is too long and tedious. I am about 3/4 dark, 1/4 light, but it's too hard for me to get the right shade. I'd rather just have a nice pigmented concealer that is automatically my color.
Furthermore, I found that the concealer tended to look a little cakey underneath my eyes if I didn't blend, blend, blend. And if you don't get your exact skin shade (use natural lighting, people!!!), the concealer sticks out against your skin very obviously. Since I don't like to wear foundation all the time, this is a huge turn off. I want a concealer that will blend into my ACTUAL skin tone, not just the foundation color.

on 9/18/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably my favorite concealer that I have tried. Its very creamy and doesn't crease under my eyes like a lot of concealers do. I use the neutralizer for my dark circles and then dab the light shade over top and my circles are completely hidden. The setting powder works very well but I still use my finishing powder over it so that it blends with the rest of my face. The medium shade works well for blemishes, but it doesn't quite conceal my many dark acne scars. My only complaint is that its not a lot of product for the price, but I will continue to use this concealer until I find one that works better.

on 9/15/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

There are two different palettes. The original is for light skin tones, and II (2) is for medium-darker.

I had heard a lot of wonderful things about this but it was OOS for weeks at every Target near me. As soon as I saw it was restocked at my local Target, I went out right away to pick it up.

Overall, this is a bit too dark for me (NW10). I was hoping to use the yellow//green for the redness around my nose but it was way too dark. The only shade in the palette I can use is the lightest concealer shade. But that one I really like. It covers my undereye circles very well.

I wouldn't repurchase since I don't like that I'm only using 1 out of 4 products. But I think this would work nicely on slightly darker skintones

on 8/19/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I don't hate this concealer, nor do I love it. The package comes with a light shade, a yellowy neutralizing shade, a darker shade, and translucent powder. The neutralizer looks weird on my skin, and the dark shade is too dark for me. I love the light shade because it is creamy and covers my dark circles well, but it's not worth the money for only one shade that I can use.

on 8/18/2012 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really enjoy this product. I do not use it for under eyes, but more for covering scars and discolorations. I waited a long time before purchasing and wasted an incredible amount of money on other products that were too dry and much more expensive (yes, I'm talking about you, Benefit). I love the packaging of this, too, and the application with the fingers is fine by me. I don't use the powder much, but it's a nice silky texture. Overall, a great value at $10.

on 7/18/2012 2:40:00 AM

I am so happy I gave this a try this has become my HG Concealer for under my eyes. I have hereditary dark circles and I tried everything and I mean everything from drugstore to cle de peau. And everything in between I have been trying a new Concealer every month for about 10 years.Now though I found plenty of things that covered my dark circles but my biggest problem was concealers settling into fine lines, this is the first Concealer that makes my undereyes smooth and doesn't settle into one line, I'm an NC 20/25 and this looks so natural on me I will keep on repurchasing this over and over again, I've tried every high end Concealer out there.

on 5/17/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised at the negative reviews! This concealer is so creamy and doesn't settle into fine lines at all. I love that it comes with a translucent powder, as well. I just wish it came in a more hygienic package. I don't like dipping my fingers into the pan because that's just asking for bacteria.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I guess I'm still on the hunt for concealers, since this one definitely did not work for me. It continues to frustrate me that as a relatively pale girl, skin products that actually match my skin tone are few and far between. This palette is by no means an exception, with only one of the concealer colors being even remotely close to matching my skin, and even that is too orange-y. The translucent powder is okay at best, and maybe if I was darker, this would work better. However, I don't note any exceptional staying power, even when set with a powder.

on 4/30/2012 2:20:00 AM

I had high hopes towards this concealer palette. I couldn't wait to buy it. A lot of people rave so much about it. I had to give it a try. I have horrible dark under eye circles and I'm pretty anxious to try out every concealer out there! I think I have tried atleast half of all the concealers in the world!! My wallet hates me. Lol but anyways, this concealer didn't do the job for me. None of the colors work well for me. I hate the sticky feeling it has. A bit hard to work with. I've used both my fingers and concealer brushes. I hate that it settles into lines and coverage isnt too great. Blah. I will not repurchase.

on 4/11/2012 2:07:00 PM

This palette stinks. The skin colors are way to light even for medium skin. It's VERY cakey. The green is ok but still very patchy and cakey

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products