April 16, 2014 | 904 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I never understood why J'adore became SOOOO popular, but I read so many raves that I finally caved and bought a 3.4oz bottle of EDP, probably around 10 years ago.

I still haven't finished that bottle. I've almost given it away multiple times, since this has never really been my type of scent. I haven't liked very many light, clean, aquatic, crisp, fruity, or floral perfumes -- usually preferring orientals & warm musks.

J'adore is thin, sharp, crisp, dry -- like champagne, sort of. Grapefruit-musk also comes to mind. Contains a blackberry note, orchid, and musk. Same family would be Bond No. 9 Astor Place, which I think has more complexity and flavor.

The runway commercial with all the glam stars -- Charlize, Marilyn, and Grace -- has probably sold a ton of this perfume -- but to me, the scent itself doesn't match the luxe glamour portrayed in that commercial at all.

To me, J'adore smells like light, dry, crisp white wine or champagne -- or even grapefruit musk. But I don't think it's beautiful -- or sexy -- or glamorous. Just okay -- it's thin, fresh & kind of uplifting -- not cloying at all -- sheer & clean, fresh & crisp -- has an edge to it -- a bit golden, yet airy & aquatic too.

I do prefer J'adore EDT over the EDP -- the EDT is more sheer -- fresher & lighter & more enjoyable to me. It's still the same light, thin, dry, crisp, white wine or champagne-like scent -- in a more sheer light form than the EDP. Same exact scent.

To me, J'adore is a clean, casual, daytime, rather "sunshine-y" scent, kind of like DKNY Be Delicious -- not rich, deep, or full-bodied enough to be considered sexy, night-time, or dressy. For my tastes, the glam perfumes are the deep rich orientals. J'adore, to me, is more for shopping and the office -- Spring/Summer weather -- and going out to dinner on warm summer evenings,

EDIT 11/1/13: The older I get, the more I appreciate & enjoy J'adore and the more often I wear it. For me, this is like a "palate-cleanser" -- when I feel bogged down by my usual richer, heavier perfumes, J'adore is a nice break. It feels freeing, in a way -- exuberant, expansive -- a happy good-mood fragrance, for me -- clean & fresh, light & crisp, yet with a bit of warmth.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Yea from seeing the commercial so many times I expected this perfume to be amazing. I smelled and it didnt leave any impression on me what so ever. If anything I forgot what it smelled like. Not very memoralbe

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I expected to like this and was excited to get a little spray bottle sample from Nordstrom. I sprayed a bit on me and my nostrils and sinuses felt assaulted. An instant headache occured.
I agree with the review that compared the "in your face quality " of this to the Giorgio perfumes of the 80s . It is aggressive and everywhere. It smells cheap even though I suspect it is not.
My guess is the Charlize / Grace Kelly etc commercial is selling a lot of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I just recently purchased this after having seen ads and commercials for it ever since it came out. It's so nice and soft, delicate, and clean. I see this being a nice every day fragrance, but for me I see it being a big too "soft" for going out etc. Still a very nice fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this when I was about 17. As an adult, I couldn't see myself wearing it but it does bring back memories. It is light and inoffensive, a nothing kind of smell. I don't mind it, but I must admit I am a bit surprised every time I smell this on someone over 20.

If there was a fabric softener that smelled like this I would probably use it on my towels. My bathroom can smell like this, but not my body.

Having said that, it is a lovely scent for younger girls, and smelling it makes me happy. I'm glad it is still around, and that I have moved on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

I got this as a gift (lucky huh?). It's not a smell I would normally gravitate to (i like vanillery, fruity, minty or violet...or anything that's not this, really) but I really quite like it. Inoffensive floral springs to mind. Very pleasant. Has good lasting power. I don't think I'd buy it again but I am enjoying using it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ScentingSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

J'adore EDP is my all time, Favourite scent! It is simply Devine! I feel likes goddess whenever I spray it on!
I saviour every drop, and i only use for very special occasions! Every time I wear it, I always get comments on how gorgeous I smell! My husband loves this scent on me (I love perfume and have quite a few 'favourites') and it's his favourite for me also!!
J'adore is timeless yet modern and classic at the same time! It will make men - and women - swoon! It has to be tried on to truly understand the 'magic' that is J'adore! You will not be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by vanyachap

I have a dupe sample of it,I don't know if its the exact same smell like the original one,but its very good.Its so fresh and so delicate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by megg15

I loveee this perfume. I remember always stealing it from my mom, and I always get so many compliments when I wear it. The lasting power is incredible! And I think it's interesting that the bottle was made to be in the shape of a women's body.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not generally like writing negative reviews but I cannot handle j'adore.
I have a lovely well meaning elderly friend who keeps buying this for me after I mentioned that I liked some Dior perfumes (Diorella/Dioressence). Bless.
I have tried to like it but I find it smack-in-the-face loud.It reminds me of the powerhouse perfumes of the eighties. I remember being a kid a the impact Georgio Beverly Hills had on me whenever someone I was close to was wearing it. Big and loud. Unfortunately j'adore works like that on me . It actually makes me feel ill.The lasting power is amazing....just a pity I don't like the scent.
The upside of this is my friends and mum love my bottles that I have passed on to them. The scent smells pleasant/inoffensive on them. Perhaps just my chemistry??

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No