LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

on 2/13/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first started using LUSH products in the summer of 2012 and used pretty much every face product they had. I was originally using Vanishing Cream but it was not moisturizing enough and seemed to make my skin feel very clogged. Since that summer I have parred down the number of products I use on my face EXPONENTIALLY. This is one of my standouts.

MY SKIN: I am a fairly pale gal in the winter, tanner in the summer. I am normal to combo, so I am more dry in the winter and a bit oilier in the summer. My skin is also quite sensitive and reacts to products it doesn't agree with by breaking out mostly along my forehead in a very rash-like fashion. I also break out from stress and that time of the month, or if I eat crappy food.

INITIAL IMPRESSION: After using Vanishing Cream for several months this seemed both thicker and thinner than Vanishing Cream. That seems really weird but it does! It was thicker in that the actual texture of the product is more creamy, less liquidy. But VC also started feeling very heavy on my poor skin and clogging it up. This did not give me this feeling at all and absorbed quite easily. I also quite enjoy the smell, very natural and orange-y.

RESULTS: So far, so good. This does not seem to aggravate my face and keeps my drier winter skin happy and hydrated without making my makeup melt off. We shall see how it fairs this coming summer.

The only real issue I have with this product is that LUSH claims that they are such a natural and organic brand and yet most of their products are based in parabens or some other out-dated chemical. As much as this ticks me off I will continue to purchase this as it is working for me and I support that LUSH does not test their products on animals and give back to those they buy their ingredients from.

on 2/12/2013 12:07:00 AM

I didn't care for the smell of this, and it wasn't beneficial for my skin at all. Generally speaking, I really enjoy lush. This moisturizer caused me to breakout though, and it really didn't balance out my skin. To be honest, it felt heavy, greasy, and slick. I really wanted to love it, but it just didn't work at all. I think it clogged my pores.

on 2/5/2013 5:30:00 AM

I really like the feel of the moisturizer once I apply it on my face. It moisturizes my face without having it feel super heavy and oily. I LOVE the fact that my face does not get oily after apply it. The only downside is that the price is pretty high, but I mean it does last long. It's February of 2013 right now and I bought this product on November and I still have a lot of it left! I guess it is worth your money.

on 1/14/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the only Lush moisturiser I like to use. It keeps my skin hydrated, doesn't cause break outs or make my skin excessively oily. The only thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that it feels like it sits on top of my skin and doesn't quite sink in, feels funny at times. I've also noticed the scent has changed a little and it's not quite as pink as it used to be (I've been using it for 6 years). I don't mind the smell, it's kind of like calamine lotion. My teenager uses it and his skin has improved, so I'd say it's a good all rounder.

on 1/10/2013 11:50:00 PM

Only complaint is the smell and you eventually get used to it. I think it's a great product. I need help with moisture, especially during the colder months. I have been using this only a week and I see a difference in my skin. I feel like I have a bit of a glow when applying this. Plus, it is an all natural product. I will definitely purchase again and again!

on 10/7/2012 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this cream twice a day for about 2 months now, and am really enjoying it. I have combination skin with dry patches on the cheeks when the weather turns. Since fall is now here (and it was August when I bought this), I find that Imperialis really gives my skin a nice quenching drink when I put it on.

Being just over 30, I am starting to notice fine lines around my eyes and forehead, so wanted to try something more moisturizing without making me break out. The formula feels silky when you apply it and my skin absorbs it after a little massage.

PROs:
-alleviates any tightness
-gives my skin a dewy look
-light but very moisturizing

CONs:
-packaging (signature black container) is not my fav. Kind of cheap
-not a great smell, but it is okay. Lush calls it a "lavender cream" but I don't think it smells like lavender, but a weird, herbal rose like scent.
-pricey at $24 for 1.5oz.

I like this product enough to purchase again. It hasn't made me break out and I love how supple my skin feels after using it. The only downside is whether or not I can afford buying it again... :)

on 10/2/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to reduce the number of chemicals I was using on my face so I decided to give Lush a try. They suggested Imperialis for my combo skin and for the most part, it seems to work well - doesnt break me out and keeps most of the dry spots happy.

Some mentioned feeling like it doesnt seem to sink in - i find that i put it on and then brush my teeth and then rub it in again and that makes it all sink in nicely. (I also use Angels on Bare Skin & Tea Tree Toner - dont know if that changes its effectiveness or not...)

on 8/20/2012 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

As a regular at LUSH, I usually moisturize with Celestial. I decided to switch to Imperialis for the summer as it is a lighter moisturizer. I was not impressed with the results.

Where my skin was smooth and clean before, I began to breakout on my cheeks and especially on my chin. I gave it a few weeks so my skin could get used to the new moisturizer, but I kept breaking out! No more. I've switched back to Celestial. I would not buy this product again.

on 7/24/2012 12:32:00 PM

This is a nice moisturizer, it just didn't work for my skin. I was recommended this for my combo/oily skin and I found it was a little heavy. I put it on at night after using Dark Angles and Tea Tree Water toner and I find it leaves a greasy residue that never really "sets" in on my face. I really hated that. It also clogged my pores on my chin. It smells really nice though.

on 6/3/2012 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was such a waste. For 23 bucks a pop, I was expecting at least some good results. People rave about this and how it works for their supposedly combination skin. First, the smell. It smells nice, like rose water. Makes me think of when I went to Tamil Nadu. And I love natural products. Next: the product itself. I gave it just over 2 weeks to get used to my skin (usually takes this long at most for my skin, sometimes a week.) I had some initial breaking out in places on my face where I have not broken out in a long time (chin, cheeks, right between the eyes.) I realize there are pore clogging ingredients in here, but everyone was like NOPE, IT WORKS! So, I tried it. Needless to say, despite my regular acne treatments (which do work), these breakouts remain and new ones keep popping up. I'm going to stop using this and continue on with my previous moisturizer. Lush is nothing but a bunch of hippie hype.