October 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by imnoreen

I really like the feel of the moisturizer once I apply it on my face. It moisturizes my face without having it feel super heavy and oily. I LOVE the fact that my face does not get oily after apply it. The only downside is that the price is pretty high, but I mean it does last long. It's February of 2013 right now and I bought this product on November and I still have a lot of it left! I guess it is worth your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only Lush moisturiser I like to use. It keeps my skin hydrated, doesn't cause break outs or make my skin excessively oily. The only thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that it feels like it sits on top of my skin and doesn't quite sink in, feels funny at times. I've also noticed the scent has changed a little and it's not quite as pink as it used to be (I've been using it for 6 years). I don't mind the smell, it's kind of like calamine lotion. My teenager uses it and his skin has improved, so I'd say it's a good all rounder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Only complaint is the smell and you eventually get used to it. I think it's a great product. I need help with moisture, especially during the colder months. I have been using this only a week and I see a difference in my skin. I feel like I have a bit of a glow when applying this. Plus, it is an all natural product. I will definitely purchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cream twice a day for about 2 months now, and am really enjoying it. I have combination skin with dry patches on the cheeks when the weather turns. Since fall is now here (and it was August when I bought this), I find that Imperialis really gives my skin a nice quenching drink when I put it on.

Being just over 30, I am starting to notice fine lines around my eyes and forehead, so wanted to try something more moisturizing without making me break out. The formula feels silky when you apply it and my skin absorbs it after a little massage.

PROs:
-alleviates any tightness
-gives my skin a dewy look
-light but very moisturizing

CONs:
-packaging (signature black container) is not my fav. Kind of cheap
-not a great smell, but it is okay. Lush calls it a "lavender cream" but I don't think it smells like lavender, but a weird, herbal rose like scent.
-pricey at $24 for 1.5oz.

I like this product enough to purchase again. It hasn't made me break out and I love how supple my skin feels after using it. The only downside is whether or not I can afford buying it again... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

I wanted to reduce the number of chemicals I was using on my face so I decided to give Lush a try. They suggested Imperialis for my combo skin and for the most part, it seems to work well - doesnt break me out and keeps most of the dry spots happy.

Some mentioned feeling like it doesnt seem to sink in - i find that i put it on and then brush my teeth and then rub it in again and that makes it all sink in nicely. (I also use Angels on Bare Skin & Tea Tree Toner - dont know if that changes its effectiveness or not...)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by courtenayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As a regular at LUSH, I usually moisturize with Celestial. I decided to switch to Imperialis for the summer as it is a lighter moisturizer. I was not impressed with the results.

Where my skin was smooth and clean before, I began to breakout on my cheeks and especially on my chin. I gave it a few weeks so my skin could get used to the new moisturizer, but I kept breaking out! No more. I've switched back to Celestial. I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice moisturizer, it just didn't work for my skin. I was recommended this for my combo/oily skin and I found it was a little heavy. I put it on at night after using Dark Angles and Tea Tree Water toner and I find it leaves a greasy residue that never really "sets" in on my face. I really hated that. It also clogged my pores on my chin. It smells really nice though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by bohodo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was such a waste. For 23 bucks a pop, I was expecting at least some good results. People rave about this and how it works for their supposedly combination skin. First, the smell. It smells nice, like rose water. Makes me think of when I went to Tamil Nadu. And I love natural products. Next: the product itself. I gave it just over 2 weeks to get used to my skin (usually takes this long at most for my skin, sometimes a week.) I had some initial breaking out in places on my face where I have not broken out in a long time (chin, cheeks, right between the eyes.) I realize there are pore clogging ingredients in here, but everyone was like NOPE, IT WORKS! So, I tried it. Needless to say, despite my regular acne treatments (which do work), these breakouts remain and new ones keep popping up. I'm going to stop using this and continue on with my previous moisturizer. Lush is nothing but a bunch of hippie hype.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I don't understand why this product doesn't have a 100% overall rating. If you use one of Lush's fantastic cleansers, then one of their equally fantastic (and gentle!) toners, then apply a small amount of Imperialis you will have excellent skin. It lasts for a VERY long time, thus is very good value for money, and isn't too oily. I was worried that it would make me break out but I think that using it in conjunction with a Lush toner does the trick. Makes you feel really pampered!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I bought it because I am doing OCM but needed a moisturiser for before I apply make up and after I have toned with rose water.
I like the smell, the consistency is good and this makes my skin feel hydrated. I don't need a lot of it so it will probably last longer than the 'use by' date on the tub.
I do find it pricey, but I will buy again, as it seems prudent to be as natural as possible on my skin (let's ignore the make up...!)