October 22, 2014 | 1363 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Damned

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by famous12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I'll be Damned!!! What a beautiful lipstick!!! I'm sorry ladies but i could not resist the play on words. Please forgive me if this was offensive to anyone. Damned is so gorgeous,stunning,sexy,sophisticated and a little vampy without being goth. This is one of my top 3 favorites of all 17 Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Damned is a deep,rich,sultry,magenta/wine/berry. It reminds me of the fabulous Nars Scarlet Empress lipstick and also Mac's Diva. I have a ton of lipsticks in this family color range but Damned is still a must have. It is a good example of how we tend to repeat the same products that we like. However, It truly stands out and is superior because of the pigmented, high quality formula. I will for Damned sure repurchase!!! Sorry again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by motleyutube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the color, I love the texture, I love the packaging. It's easier to use than a skinny lip pencil so applying is more accurate for me. It's like a lip pencil and a lipstick all in one. This color lasts a pretty long time and stains the lips a little, kinda like a lip stain, lip pencil and lipstick. Would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LURVE this color. Its a fantastic magenta/red. I get so many compliments when I wear this. The velvet Matte pencils are great. When I use, I line around my lips first then fill in. I almost always top with a gloss. The texture of these pencils aren't like dry lip liners at all, but its like a lipstick in pencil form. I find that this color lasts a nice time and wear down is also a nice effect. In reading the other reviews, it seems I should try it with Sex Machine, an excuse to get another one of these FAB pencils! Pricey, yes but this color is so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by TigiStylist

Thank you, KarenCG! You Rock Girl! I took your advice! I wear the Damned, with the Sex Machine I love it, so pretty. I do use a lip brush, to blend the line.
As for Damned, I feel it has staying power, and is easy to apply. Plus it feels soft going on.
I'd buy this again, and if I lost it I'd cry. Then RUN out, and buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This pencil is really just a big fat dry lipstick. I bought this after I got Sex Machine because of the texture. Although it seems to make my lips a little dry, it's the very reason why I'm buying it! Really red lipstick tends to bleed, and the matte texture of this pencil prevents it from bleeding and it really lasts! When my lips get too dry I just wipe off, apply lip balm and reapply. It's a great blue-toned red. And yes, a bit magenta!

Update Oct 4, 2011: I picked up a really good tip from YouTuber Lisa Eldridge that I've been using with dark and pigmented lip products. I apply a bit of product on the middle of the top and bottom lips and spread it with a finger. This warms up the product, spreads it more evenly on your lips and helps it wear longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm NC40, brown hair, brown eyes.

The color is a medium magenta. It can easily be intensified for a deeper shade and can easily be sheered out for a lighter shade. In that respect, it's pretty versatile. I'm not a huge fan of this as a liner... a bit too fat for that, but as a lipstick it's nice. Since it's a pencil, I wanted to use it to line my lips and then fill in. The color is so pigmented that I had to be really careful in lining but the pigmentation really pays off when you fill in / use as a lipstick. The formula is very matte and feels velvety smooth (as the name implies). I would repurchase even though the price is too high. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Although this is a pencil form, it is made to be used as a lipstick, so I categorized it here. It is a somewhat short, but fat pencil, and this particular color is a medium intensity semi-magenta color. I wear it with Sex Machine, a light natural pink -- apply Sex Machine, line with Damned, and then lightly blot the color together -- WOWZA! My lips look soft and matte and pouty.... beautiful combo. These are not drying on me at all, and do feel like velvet. I laughed at my selections which together are "Damned Sex Machine".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by biscotti1

I really like this pencil, more than I imagined I would. The damned color is perfect for my skintone,(NC 44) a classic red that is not too dark nor too bright. I initally tried Cruella which was too bright and really looked unnatural on me. I love the texture of this pencil and that is like a creamy stain instead of just a liner. It applies easily and it is easier to avoid slip ups than with a red lipstick. The price is steep, the one drawback which is why it only gets 4 lippies. However, I would buy this shade again and perhaps try another color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the color of this matte pencil lipstick - kind of a pinky red. Unfortunately it didn't wear very well and beaded up during the day. Other than that the application was easy and precise and fairly moist feeling even for a matte lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying that I almost swapped this away...but thankfully I decided to give it another try. "Damned" is described on Sephora, Beauty.com and NARS' site as a magenta shade. I certainly do agree with all that...however, but I have found that I have to use a heavy hand in order for it to be a true magenta. I like this shade applied lightly and blended in to make a stain. When I apply it this way it looks like a brighter, healthier version of my natural lip tone. Applies creamy and smooth and doesn't make my lips dry. The price tag is a little hefty...$22. If I ever use this all up, I would probably rebuy...because I just love this color on my lips.