December 22, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-Color Blue

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by asiabodasia

It's not the best mascara I've used, but it gets the job done. I have to apply it a few times a day in order to keep it looking fresh. It's generally clump-free (which is always nice), and the color is great! It really does seem to bring out my blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Elveanare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this at my local dollar store as a whole package for the I-Color blue set, and the offer was just too good to refuse. Anyway, for the deal I'm pretty glad I did. I haven't had any issues with clumping or flaking. It seems to stay pretty well, and I have no trouble getting it off with my make-up remover. The color is a more subtle blue when its on, but I like that. Just enough blue to help my grey-blue eyes pop, but nothing too distracting. Over all, I think it was a pretty good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by catrat242

I did like the blue color of this mascara,and it didnt clump.Bit it seems like it wears of really fast...hmmm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jbtucker86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was too clumpy for me. I did like the blue color and it did highlight my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by ShimmaPuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you have black eyes, brows, lashes, etc, and are looking for that boost blue mascara can give them, this is probably not the product for you, unless you are seeking a very subtle version of that boost.

As mascara, it is quite unremarkable, one expects that Almay mascara will go on with ease, not clump, etc, but the reason I chose this particular product was because the package called it "Sapphire Blue" and it was sold as part of a line presented as "intense" color.

This blue is neither sapphire, nor intense. It is essentially a navy mascara that on most dark eyes will not be distinguishable from black mascara, even in a magnifying mirror.

So if you were hoping for a blue that opens up black eyes, makes the whites look whiter and even the skin around them look a bit less yellow, hold out for the glow in the dark cobalt stuff the other reviewer referred to. And where can I get some of that stuff, anyway?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2006 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

I don't know that this really brings out BLUE... I took some pics while wearing it, and I swear my blue eyes looked absolutely green. Really weird. Despite that, I liked the different shade and the contrast between it and my Almay bronze liner. I wish it went on smoother, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2006 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jamiem03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a mascara, this is okay. It didn't make my lashes clump horribly or anything like that, but it wasn't particularily special. I really like the blue color. I have blue/green eyes with a copper ring in the center. This doesn't bring out the blue like it's supposed to as much as the green. I don't use this product everyday, but it's good if you want to switch things up occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by BShane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Almay line, with its lack of animal testing and focus on sensitive complections. I also appreciate the fact that Almay offers mascaras in shades beyond brown and black. But this blue was a little too intense for my green/hazel eyes. Purples is as wild as I can get, so I get L'Oreal mascaras in that or brown.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by vyolett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'd heard that blue mascara could bring out green eyes. I can't see a difference between this and brown/black mascaras, and haven't noticed my eye color being brought out either. As a mascara it's fine, though much prefer L'Oreal's Featherlash as my HG. This one was a bit of a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by bholland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dark green eyes and purchased both the blue and the green mascara. I did not like the green, but the Blue Sapphire really makes my eyes pop. I love the dark blue color, it doesn't really look like colored mascara after application. I've also been told that using the blue mascara can make the eyes look brighter - brings out the white of the eyes. The packaging is so so and it does dry out pretty fast.