September 17, 2014 | 2075 users online

Hair - Alberto Vo5 - Alberto V05 Conditioning Hairdressing

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by whatithink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best stuff ever. I have tried many expensive hair products over the years just to see if there is something better, and so far I can't find any. My hairdresser likes this too and said if they would repackage in a modern container, everyone would love it. The tube is kind of the pits but I can manage it for the results I get. I do like the smell and it makes my hair feel fantastic. I have shoulder length hair that is curly/wavy/straight, depending on just about anything. I use this on damp or dry hair, just a small amount rubbed in my palms and then start at the ends. I don't use on roots but I do go to the top of my hair last. It makes my hair look and feel smooth and not the dry mess it really is from heat and coloring. I will not be trying any more products in the future, this is all I need.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bethwisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick red hair with natural blonde highlights. Have used this since high school when I discovered it in my father's toiletry case. This was long before isles of glossing gel or anti frizz serums. It does take some getting used to how much is enough. If you're new to it, start with the tiniest dab cause you can alway add more. A bit in my hand, rub hands together to warm and spread and start touching/grabbing my ends, working my way up - but don't use near roots or you WILL look greasy!

I still get lots of compliments on how shinny my hair always is, and how few splint ends I have. I have tried a small handful of other products over the years, but always seem to come back to the trusty gold tube.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by ediva

I have been on a mission this past week to get something to tame my wild, extremely thick, botticcelli-curls that reach down past my back. I bought several detangling sprays, Fructis sleek & shine leave-in cream, Pink shine serum, Dove dry-damaged conditioner. Armed with all this, I thought I could tame the wild hair. Wrong!

Exasperated, I kept reading more reviews on MUA and decided to pick up Mane-N-Tail Detangling Spray and this--Alberto VO5. This combo is a godsend! The Mane N Tail worked like a dream! Better than J&J Detangling Spray and the Equate equivalent (Walmart storebrand version). Added this VO5 on WET HAIR after the shower, and I am now blessed with shiny, beautifully defined curls that is touchably soft (sorry I sound like a commercial). I did use the VO5 dry and that made it super-greasy and gross. So, I'm only using it on WET hair. I repeat...only on wet hair ;-)

I hope this helps some of my other thick-haired botticcelli-blessed curly sisters out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by theused

id never used this product, but i do know that Marilyn Monroe did and she had super fried hair......but this product saved her hair....so im guessing that its great!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely thick, curly hair that I've been growing out, and I've been doing the no-silicones thing for a few months. Some days, my hair looks great, but on others, I've been in despair because styling products without silicone just don't do it for me -- until I remembered Vo5. I put a tiny bit in after towel-drying, and more after it dried. I put it between my fingers and run my fingers through my hair. It helps define curl and makes my hair shiny and more manageable -- I can get my fingers through it even when it's dry if I use this stuff. This is probably not for fine, thin hair, but if you have the opposite problem, it's a godsend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by plimpkins503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product for multitasking, which is always what I demand of my products. It goes on hair, eyebrows and my cuticles. I sometimes will put a little on my lips but it tastes terrible so that is one lippie off. I really feel it is just oils so you can probably use it for anything you use oils for. Don't put it on your eyelashes, this stuff is full of perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the lightest version available (the one for fine hair), and have always had good results w/ it as long as I follow the directions on the box, and use a very small amount. I wish it was a more natural product, but it's a good, cheap, 'cone free treatment to keep frizzy hair under control, so there isn't much to complain about there. I put this just on my ends before I blow dry my hair and you'd never even know it's there if not for the lack of frizz. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by sakuraface

this product is pretty ok, i like that it does keep frizz under control without looking too greasy- the smell isnt as bad as people say in my opinion. i like this product more than other similar ones & i like using it as a pre-shampoo conditioner but once it runs out (wont be for a while!) i probably wont be buying again, only since its not exactly HG status for me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I bought this again after many years, and forgot how moisturizing it is. Of course, the first time I used it upon repurchase, I used too much and paid the price, but it tames the frizzies that come with curly hair.

I have been known to put a larger dose on my hair on purpose and put a plastic shower cap on my hair for deep conditioning too, and that works wonderfully.

The only drawback to me is the odor. The tube can be a little messy as you go along.

Also--I just read tonight that you can use this on your cat's fur to help combat hairballs. The information I was reading claims that V05 Conditioning Hairdressing is nontoxic because it is all natural. Haven't tried it yet, but probably will in the foreseeable future!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the regular one, just for normal hair, I think, and I love this!! The tube isn't ideal, but for the price I won't complain. Use a little only, it seems like when you put the teeny tiny amount they recommend (like 1/4 of an inch) it won't be enough, but if you use more you will pay the greasy hair price. Get it right and be rewarded with shiny, frizz free, manageable hair. I've been using this for months and still have a long way to go. Go get it!!