MAC Please Me

4.2

on 1/21/2014 11:49:00 AM

I really like this lipstick. The matte finish makes the pretty pink wearable and natural enough for the day time. it really compliments my fair skin tone and ive nearly used it up. will buy again!

on 1/20/2014 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG pink lipstick & I have tried a bunch! It's perfect for any ocassion & suits a variety of skin tones as well. For preference though, I'm Asian & I have fair skin with yellow undertones. This is the kind of pink that makes you look so blooming & overall pretty. It's such a simple shade but not overly so that it looks boring on your lips. Basically, if I want to look pretty, I wear this. This is also my first purchase from MAC & prolly the only shade i've repurchased & will continue to do so. If you are yet to try anything from MAC but don't want to be disappointed, go with Please Me. You'll love it I swear. As of now, my only beef about it is that it's a bit drying espeially for when the colder months do creep in but nothing that my EOS can't fix! Overall, I would recommend! xx

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this after reading a plethora of rave reviews. For me, this lipstick is a big disappointment. I'm Chinese with a NC20 complexion and the lipstick just looks off in different lighting - on cloudy days, my lips look pale and on sunny days, the lipstick just doesn't look like a rosy pink - more like a light washed-out purple. This also makes my thick lips look even thicker which I don't feel comfortable with, very Barbie-esque.

I have no qualms about the drying nature of matte lipsticks; in fact I prefer them because they have far better staying power than creamy ones. However, the formulation of 'Please Me' is substandard compared to other MAC matte lipsticks such as Russian Red and Ruby Woo. Despite my lips being well-exfoliated and moisturised, Please Me sinks into lines and white gunk starts forming at the corners and centre of my mouth within two hours. Horrible. I don't have kind words for the lipstick formula - it just refuses to apply evenly on my lips! This is incredibly frustrating because I have experienced this from cheaper drug store lipsticks but I certainly don't expect this from a higher-end cosmetic brand, especially when it retails for $36 AUD. 'Please Me' lasts 3 hours without eating and after eating, I find that there is the dreaded white ring in the centre of my mouth - not a pleasant look at all.

Will not repurchase this - I am still searching for my perfect rosy dusky matte pink lipstick.

EDIT: I know why this looks so horrible on me and clashs horrendously with my neutral-leaning-towards-yellow-undertones. On my lips, it pulls off a typical Nicki Minaj lip colour and IMO, blue-based pink lip colour and warm skin is a big no-no. This lipstick would be so gorgeous on very fair ladies who have cool undertones. I can make this lipstick work by applying a sheer red lip crayon on top of this to 'warm' it up and make it look more wearable on me because wearing 'Please Me' alone makes me look akin to a dead fish.

on 12/30/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this recently as my back2mac. I liked the way it looked, and it's a really pretty shade of pink. I love the look of matte lipsticks, they are super classy, and one of my favorite finishes. This particular l/s is one of the drier mattes I have from MAC. I recommend prepping the lips before wearing it, especially if you have naturally dry lips, or live in a dry climate. I exfoliate, let lip balm soak in, blot, and apply MAC Prep and Prime lip. But..It still looks dry and cakey after thirty minutes! I don't understand its popularity, but I did fall for the hype. I was surprised to see that Please Me looks like a slightly lighter, matte version of Chatterbox (which I adore). I love the color, but because it dries out my lips so bad, I won't repurchase.

on 10/27/2013 4:28:00 PM

I don't know what it is with the Mac lipsticks, especially their matt ones, but this just doesnt stay on my lips, after one hour i get the dreaded white ring and it all looks like a hot mess.

I love the smell but i have better experience with Rimmel and Revlon lipsticks.

on 10/25/2013 5:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hate the colour, too pink on me, although I love its matte finish. Kinda sexy looks better on me.

on 10/16/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not the biggest fan of mattes but Please Me goes on so nice! Lip conditioner is essential but with this formula isn't as drying as Ruby Woo. I love Please Me in the summer when I have my tan. Especially paired with a deep blue liner. The lightness of the lipstick calls for a darker eye in my opinion.

on 10/3/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

mlbb lipies!!! love this one. perfect for my asian skintone.

on 10/3/2013 4:02:00 PM

Amazing love it

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

My go to shade for years! Smells yummy, is matte (yay!!) beautiful pigmentation, stays on forever. I buy back ups of this shade so I always have one with me :) matches any kind of look you're going for. Pink blush by Rimmel is quite similar if you're looking for a cheapie!

Popular Lipsticks