April 16, 2014 | 855 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip pencil because although it is a matte finish, it is not at all drying and therefore comfortable to wear. However, it is better to use a balm as well to better preserve moisture and wear time. Speaking of which, it lasted and lasted and had very low transferability. It wouldn't budge except during meals.

The only downside is the packaging. The lid won't stay on the pencil very well, and the fact that the pencil requires sharpening means that an already small product will have to be partially wasted.

I loved the brightness of this color. Dragon Girl is a vibrant pink-red on my lips, which is a nice pop. I find it absolutely gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can we talk about LOVE? I really, truely, love this lip pencil. First, it is the perfect orangey red shade for my NC30 (sometimes 40) skin tone. And although it's a matte, it isn't overly drying. I also love that since its a chubby stick it doubles as a lipstick and liner so quick and easy, especially for travel or a night out...cuts down on product. I have literally 50 tubes of red lipstick and this....this is my favorite. Sometimes I will add a clear gloss over top for more of a pin-up look but I don't ever DARE to mess with the color by adding a tinted gloss. IMO, this shade looks better on cool or yellow skintones. If you're more a warm or pink, please check out Cruella. Another beautiful shade but much more flattering on warm skin :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

I really like the matte finish, I think it's much more flattering on younger people. The colour is also great on my yellow-toned fair skin. I also find pencils easier to apply than normal lipstick sticks. It's super expensive (17.50) here in England so I don't think I'd buy it again before trying out other reds, but this time round it was a gift so it's not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

I'm in LOVE with this lippie. I have MAC's Russian Red and Ruby Woo but I think dragon girl has a pinkier tint to it. Its much brighter than ruby woo but doesnt have as strong as a blue base as russian red. Its kind of in between but when I wear this I cant stop looking in the mirror. Its great to put on when you dont want to wear too much makeup or do much to your eyes as this really gives you a "polished" look. I think this pencil is a little pricey but in terms of pigmentation and wear, its a great quality. So far I have had no issues with bleeding. A must have if you love statement lips!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by tokiomama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this but won't repurchase. It looks exactly like my MAC Ruby Woo. EXACTLY. And ruby woo is only 14.50 and I wont use it up if I sharpen it 4 to 6 times. It's a great color but not worth the price when I can get more product for cheaper in better packaging.

If you're a red lipstick collector like me, it's nice to splurge on. I'd say for Cruella, MAC's Russian Red is a dead match.

I do love these pencils because theyre very handy when youre on the go. no need for a lip liner and it goes on flawlessly. I found dragon girl to be a BRIGHT neutral red. Cruella is more on the deeper blood red side. Dragon Girl was created for Gwen Stefani so that gives you an idea of what type of red this is.

Also to sharpen these pencils, Sephora has a Sephora brand sharpener that works really well for $5. Nars has a sharpener but they have two kinds under the same name so if you order it online you might get the one that fits these pencils and you might not. Id say go to the store yourself.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So in love with this product!

It is described as a "vivid siren red" and i have to say it is quite accurate.

It is a bright blue based true red. At first I tried it on my hand and it turned a bit fuschia, but on my lips, WOW. I feel like a 40's siren!

It is matte and a bit drying, but i personally only use matte lipsticks so this one is the best for me.

Dragon Girl and Cruella are my favorites and i will keep buying them despite the steep price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this one as I have it in belle de jour and love the feel. Thus is the mist feminine red I've ever worn and lasted all through a ball and dinner party.
One of my all time fave reds. Blue shades ensure no orange at all which makes teeth look brighter and compliments a multitude of complexions

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I mention in my other review for a different Velvet Matte lip color (see the color "Damned"), I love these pencils overall. The formulation, the holding power, the matte look etc. The only thing I'll therefore add regarding this color is...it's a nice red color without being too 'in your face' or high maintenance looking, as say a more traditional red lipstick would be. The matteness of this pencil makes this red look less 'haute couture', which is fine with me! It's perfect if you are going for that sort of 'Mad Men' makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stephaniegoesgrr

I love this color for a bold red in the summer time.Its a bright red that is not for the shy ladies out there. Im a NW20 and have a freind that is a NC40 and this color gives up both the same color pay off and effect. It gives smooth rich color and wears gracefully. On my the color needs to be touched up every 5 hours without eating or drinking. I will saythat this can be a pain to sharpen. I have used this on several different sharpeners and have lost product everytime. You would think for how pricey it is the packaging would be better. But as for the product itself.... Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful. It really does have a velvet-soft texture, and applies like a dream. The color is a classic, blue-based red. I like to put it on lips after a small touch of balm.