The Body Shop born lippy - strawberry

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Fragaria vesca (Strawberry Extract), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Linalool, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140, CI 15850.

on 12/25/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the smell, it's so sweet and delicious! It gives my lips a nice colour too, nothing too bright. The only cons would be the staying power and the pot. It doesn't last long on my lips and I don't like sticking my fingers into the pot. Other than that, I'd likely buy it again.

on 9/21/2011 9:24:00 AM

The color of this lip gloss is very nice and it has a very nice smell.
It suits my skin colour and I have a natural and cute look when I apply it BUT funny enough, it is greasy but it doesn't moisturise. It is also sticky.
When this fades or I take it off with a cotton ball, my lips are dry.
I don't know if I will repurchase but for now I still have a lot of it to use!

on 6/24/2011 3:29:00 AM

I love the moisture, has a bit color so refresh my lip color without lipstick. It would be better if they not package it with jar :)

I personally half/like this product because it isn't that sticky and gives my lips an amazing shine and it has a bit of colour. It isn't extremely hydrating and it doesn't last very long on your lips, so if you're going to use it for chapped lips before you go to sleep, don't expect it to last half the night cause it'll probably last half an hour. The smell is the best thing ever about this product, but the pot isn't very hygienic, and I really don't like sticking my finger into it, I would like a lip gloss stick. I would buy it again cause I sort of like applying it to my lips.

on 5/23/2011 11:18:00 PM

I didn't love this product. Sure the colour, flavour, and scent were all nice. Sure, it makes your lips shiny. But it doesn't moisturize enough, comes in an unhygienic pot, and the texture is similar to runny Vaseline. If your lips feel so dry that they might shrivel up and fall off your face, your lips are like mine. This product doesn't help my lips from doing just that. It gave them a pink, shiny covering but that's all it did! Underneath the glossy barrier, they were the same old flaky lips. Having said that, it did create a barrier that kept wind out and whatever moisture I might have had in! So it's not a fabulous "holy grail" product, but it does something. Normal lips would benefit from it's thick glossiness that might keep your lips soft, but dry lips will have to find something else to heal them. If you like this product, you might also like the other Born Lippies the Body Shop sells! If you are still searching for a decent lip balm, try making your own! It's costs less (not at first, but per container it's pretty cheap) and you can customize as much as you like. Hope this helped everyone! :-)

on 5/17/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Smells nice for 5 minutes, then it becomes nauseating to me. Doesn't moisturize my lips well. I got this as a gift with purchase and am now using this as foot cream.

on 5/17/2011 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love the smell and it lasts long. Moisturizes better than regular chapstick and I like the fact it gives a wash of color which is great for everyday wear. Now, what I don't like is the packaging and the price . I hate using my fingers to get the product out and it can get stuck on your nails. The price is a bit high which is why I won't buy it again unless I really feel that I cannot live without it . For now I will enjoy using this because of the smell and consistency.

on 5/13/2011 7:33:00 AM

The first time I bought this I was 15 and I have repurchased several times in the past 10 years. This lip balm smells amazing and turns my lips a very nice glossy red. The only thing I don't care for is dipping my finger into a pot of somewhat sticky lipgloss. You have to find somewhere to wipe it off and that's not fun.

on 5/8/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product... mainly for the smell, but I can live without it. It smells incredibly good, is fairly okay with moisturizing and is nice to wear on its own when you want a subtle pop of colour with gloss. It is a bit-overpriced for a lip-balm in my opinion, especially where I live. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/4/2011 9:29:00 PM

I like this lip balm because it moisturizes pretty well, gives a really subtle colour, and smells amazing. The only thing I don't really like about this is the fact that it's a little bit sticky and I don't like the fact that it's in a jar. I guess it would be hard to put it in any other packaging because it's not thick enough to put in a stick and not thin enough to put in a tube. Overall I really like it for nice subtle colour for everyday wear. Also, the smell is DELICIOUS

Recommended for Medium Skin