December 21, 2014 | 1186 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - born lippy - strawberry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by v1n4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the moisture, has a bit color so refresh my lip color without lipstick. It would be better if they not package it with jar :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by agentglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally half/like this product because it isn't that sticky and gives my lips an amazing shine and it has a bit of colour. It isn't extremely hydrating and it doesn't last very long on your lips, so if you're going to use it for chapped lips before you go to sleep, don't expect it to last half the night cause it'll probably last half an hour. The smell is the best thing ever about this product, but the pot isn't very hygienic, and I really don't like sticking my finger into it, I would like a lip gloss stick. I would buy it again cause I sort of like applying it to my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't love this product. Sure the colour, flavour, and scent were all nice. Sure, it makes your lips shiny. But it doesn't moisturize enough, comes in an unhygienic pot, and the texture is similar to runny Vaseline. If your lips feel so dry that they might shrivel up and fall off your face, your lips are like mine. This product doesn't help my lips from doing just that. It gave them a pink, shiny covering but that's all it did! Underneath the glossy barrier, they were the same old flaky lips. Having said that, it did create a barrier that kept wind out and whatever moisture I might have had in! So it's not a fabulous "holy grail" product, but it does something. Normal lips would benefit from it's thick glossiness that might keep your lips soft, but dry lips will have to find something else to heal them. If you like this product, you might also like the other Born Lippies the Body Shop sells! If you are still searching for a decent lip balm, try making your own! It's costs less (not at first, but per container it's pretty cheap) and you can customize as much as you like. Hope this helped everyone! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells nice for 5 minutes, then it becomes nauseating to me. Doesn't moisturize my lips well. I got this as a gift with purchase and am now using this as foot cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the smell and it lasts long. Moisturizes better than regular chapstick and I like the fact it gives a wash of color which is great for everyday wear. Now, what I don't like is the packaging and the price . I hate using my fingers to get the product out and it can get stuck on your nails. The price is a bit high which is why I won't buy it again unless I really feel that I cannot live without it . For now I will enjoy using this because of the smell and consistency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

The first time I bought this I was 15 and I have repurchased several times in the past 10 years. This lip balm smells amazing and turns my lips a very nice glossy red. The only thing I don't care for is dipping my finger into a pot of somewhat sticky lipgloss. You have to find somewhere to wipe it off and that's not fun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I like this product... mainly for the smell, but I can live without it. It smells incredibly good, is fairly okay with moisturizing and is nice to wear on its own when you want a subtle pop of colour with gloss. It is a bit-overpriced for a lip-balm in my opinion, especially where I live. Wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this lip balm because it moisturizes pretty well, gives a really subtle colour, and smells amazing. The only thing I don't really like about this is the fact that it's a little bit sticky and I don't like the fact that it's in a jar. I guess it would be hard to put it in any other packaging because it's not thick enough to put in a stick and not thin enough to put in a tube. Overall I really like it for nice subtle colour for everyday wear. Also, the smell is DELICIOUS

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I had one of these many years ago, and used that one up. But wanted to buy one again as the scent of these were too hard too pass on at the store.... plus I had some money left over on my gift card.. :) So, I brought this as I am addicted to strawberry/berry scented lip products. As far as a 'lip-balm' I don't think it lives up to it's name. It feels more like a lip-gloss as it gives my lips that shiny tinted red look. It doesn't dry out my lips which is a plus, and the smell of this born lippy and the other scents from this line are just to die for! It last's for a decent amount of time and is sticky in my opinion. I took a lippy off for this product since for a 'lip-balm' it is quite pricey. Wouldn't buy again even though I'm always tempted by the smell of these whenever I go by a Body Shop store as there are better, and cheaper products out there that do the exact same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells amazing and gives a really subtle color to the lips. The only thing I don't really like about this is that I don't really like the fact that you have to use your hands to get this product, but otherwise it's really good. Also, this lasts you forever. I bought this a few years ago and I'm still not halfway through it.