January 26, 2015 | 2026 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have loved this brush for a long time. It a pretty good brush for applying eyeliner but lately I have been wanting a thinner, more precise eyeliner brush (maybe the 210). I find that this brush doesn't retain its shape too well and I am always super careful when I am washing my brushes so I don't wreck the bristles. The result of this is a clumsier looking line...not thick (which I like just as much as a thinner line) but clumsy. I tend not to use this brush with gel eyeliners any more. I will it occasionally to line with eyeshadow and find it works better for that purpose. It's a nice enough brush but it hasn't been a great long-term investment and is not perhaps the best choice if you like a precise application of liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This brush came w my tartan tale brush pk I don't use it for eyeliner but I do use it to apply eyeshadow to the waterline or close to the tear duct cause it's small enough fir those lil spaces ;) I prob won't buy again cause I don't use it enough

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was too thick for me, I prefer a thinner eyeliner line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to brush for fluidlines and wet pigments. Works really well and can get a lovely clean line right up close to the lashes. However, for pan eyeshadow, it's just that bit too soft to pick up well. I'd use the 266 for that. The 266 is probably easier for doing a winged look with too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by iacostamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This really is a must have! Forget the 210! This one is SO much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is a MUST HAVE. The hairs are sooo soft, and it's really great for applying eyeliner- whether it's a gel/cream or what have you. It's awesome. You can do so much with this brush. You can make your line thick or thin. It's really up to you. I highly recommend this brush. I had an AVON eyeliner brush, and it works just as fine, but the hairs were a bit too firm for me. The MAC 209 brush offers firmness with a soft feel. It's absolutely perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush to achieve either a thick or a thin line!
Very easy to use....(much easier than angled brushes!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

Best eyeliner brush hands down. I was going to buy #210 but it was out of stock at my local Mac counter, so I picked #209. I think it's totally the beast for applying gel eyeliner and doing the wing shape thing. I assume # 210 is as good if not better.
I prefer #209 over #266, which I own to, but use mostly for filling my brows. I will not buy it again though, since with good care it will last me forever. Unless I lose it... but geez! I don't wanna think of that lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brush for applying gel liner. I used to use the bent Sonia Kashuk liner brush, but the 209 brush allows for a much more precise line.

I bought it as part of the Naughty Noir MAC Holiday 2009 collection from CCO. The entire kit was $29 and came with Black Track fluidline, the 209, Shimmertime pigment jar, and Zoomlash mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! It is the only brush I use to apply my blacktrack fluid line. I've had it for yearsss. If I had to guess, it'd probably be 5 years??? Well asides from that, it hasn't shed or anything. The handle faded and the number is gone, but the performance of the brush is still great.