November 22, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Let's just be real for a second: it's a LIP BALM. You know what should be exorbitantly expensive? A house. A car. Maybe a Tom Ford lipstick... Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of this product. Its smell is beautiful and fresh without being overpowering, the texture is silky and luxurious and it imparts a very faint, baby-pink glow. But then I open my eyes and come back down to earth. I'm not paying NINETY TWO DOLLARS for a bloody lip balm! If this made my lips look like Angelina Jolie's, fine. But it doesn't! And a reviewer mentioned that it didn't even keep her lips hydrated during a flight. Sure, it looks gorgeous and angelic and the packaging is luxurious, but don't fall for it! I'm assuming that you work hard for your money, don't waste it on something that contains parabens and could be out-performed by Chapstick. (FYI, I got a sample jar of this from Mecca and have been using it for a couple of weeks, but definitely won't purchase the full size) Now go on, give yourself a pat on the back for not falling for another rip-off. ;)

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this lip balm is great! I bought mine last winter, still use it now. the smell is so rosy! I only use it at night time though, it moistures my lips so well, you still feel it on next morning. people said you can use it on dry skin too, i only use it for lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

This Lip baume is one of the best I tried so far. It stays on the lips a great deal of time, it hydrates, softens and gives a tiny sheer. It's not colored, so if you're also going for a little color, it should be accompanied by a dab of lipstick. The major downside is that it's awfully expensive. The cheaper alternative is from Nuxe, offering pretty much the same lip comfort.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by E4XION

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good lip balm, smells great, nice package. The only drawback is way too expensive. I can get the same result using much cheaper balms, will not buy again unless it is on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Gloopiness of product is off-putting: doesn't readily absorb. Not particularly hydrating. Underwhelming all round really.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pricey, pricey, pricey, but I haven't regretted this purchase. Beautiful jar packaging, gorgeous light rose scent, and the balm does what it is supposed to do without being extra greasy. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

All the previous reviews have already covered the issue of the insane price tag attached to this, so i wont get into it!
I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd jar of this and even though this was suppose to be a one-time purchase, a luxury treat per say i have repurchased more than once and sadly i will break-down and buy it again i am sure. The skincare fanatic in me is always on the look out for the next best thing, i am very fickle when it comes to brand loyalty and even though i usually buy HE, i've discovered a few drugstore gems that surprised me. My lip balm collection is completely out of control - i have them in every single part of the house, every handbag, pocket, drawer etc for "emergencies". Baume de Rose however never leaves my side and not just because of the price - to put it plainly, it preforms better than anything else i have and can fix my lips in 5 seconds. The texture is like a typical balm, without the stickiness and oily residue of others of course. It sinks in fast, erases any flakes that might be on there, drenches the dry feeling AND smells amazing (i love roses!). I expected some colour but my pigmented rosy lips prevailed and i prefer it that way and even though my lips are already full, the plumping effect is definitively noticable :)
I am sure there might be better lip treatments out there for less but i dont know of them - when i do i will be the first in line to buy them but until then i will carry this little jar everywhere :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is overpriced for me at almost 50 euro for a lipbalm!! but the product junkie that I am wanted to have this because of all the raves it got. And I disliked it so much, I had it for almost two years and I could not even use it up because everytime I put this on my lips they start to tingle and I want to scrub it off. It also dried my lips out my lips became flaky when I used this. I have sensitive skin/lips so maybe the fragrance/rose oil irritated me? It is a luxury treat and if it works for you and you can afford it why not but I would suggest you to try a sample first because for some it works and for some it doesn't.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. The pros: it works - keeps my severely chapped lip moist and soft. The cons: it's outrageously expensive ($60 for this little jar), it's heavily scented like roses and who wants that on their lips?, it has a very cool-toned light pink color that changes the look of lipstick and is not flattering on my warm-toned skin if I wear it alone, it comes in a clunky glass jar that I can't leave out or my kids will break and it's too big/heavy to put in my purse, and did I mention that this stuff might as well be made of gold because that's how much it costs? Will I buy it again? Sadly I probably will because it's one of the few lip balms that actually works.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Arianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By Terry's Baum de Rose acquired a cult following on Youtube as it was previously touted by the highly influential Lollipop26 among others. These beauty bloggers were not sponsored by the companies, not given the products for free, they purchased it with their own money, and this was the deciding factor for me to try this product. This coupled with the fact that Terry started her career as a professional makeup artist, just like Bobbi Brown, and Bobbi's skincare range pretty much revolutionized the skincare industry because it isn't a bunch of celebrities being paid to endorse the products. So I expected a lot from By Terry in terms of the formulation of this balm and whether it would be a truly unique and indispensable product on the market. To cut a long story short I was not disappointed, and I will buy this as long as I can afford to.

I also use smith's original rosebud as well as minted rose salve, and Baum de Rose is not just another rose-infused lip balm. My workplace is conservative and I never apply Smith's while I'm at work because it is simply too glossy and draws too much attention to my naturally rosy lips. Baum de Rose on the other hand gives a subdued effect. You can also layer it to nude out your lips and I love this effect on my rather pigmented lips. As far as non-glossy lip balms go, I have yet to find anything better both in terms of formulation and packaging. Carmex tastes bitter and Burt's Bee's is clear and doesn't give a rosy sheen; I want something more moisturizing, thick and gives a barely there kind of nude-ish pink for daily use. For me, there is nothing more uninspiring than to whip out a generic yellow tube of lip balm several times a day. Baum de Rose's glass jar is so old school glamorous, so French, so feminine, and makes a great little pick me up. Try this if your wallet can justify a little something luxurious.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No