April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is overpriced for me at almost 50 euro for a lipbalm!! but the product junkie that I am wanted to have this because of all the raves it got. And I disliked it so much, I had it for almost two years and I could not even use it up because everytime I put this on my lips they start to tingle and I want to scrub it off. It also dried my lips out my lips became flaky when I used this. I have sensitive skin/lips so maybe the fragrance/rose oil irritated me? It is a luxury treat and if it works for you and you can afford it why not but I would suggest you to try a sample first because for some it works and for some it doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. The pros: it works - keeps my severely chapped lip moist and soft. The cons: it's outrageously expensive ($60 for this little jar), it's heavily scented like roses and who wants that on their lips?, it has a very cool-toned light pink color that changes the look of lipstick and is not flattering on my warm-toned skin if I wear it alone, it comes in a clunky glass jar that I can't leave out or my kids will break and it's too big/heavy to put in my purse, and did I mention that this stuff might as well be made of gold because that's how much it costs? Will I buy it again? Sadly I probably will because it's one of the few lip balms that actually works.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Arianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By Terry's Baum de Rose acquired a cult following on Youtube as it was previously touted by the highly influential Lollipop26 among others. These beauty bloggers were not sponsored by the companies, not given the products for free, they purchased it with their own money, and this was the deciding factor for me to try this product. This coupled with the fact that Terry started her career as a professional makeup artist, just like Bobbi Brown, and Bobbi's skincare range pretty much revolutionized the skincare industry because it isn't a bunch of celebrities being paid to endorse the products. So I expected a lot from By Terry in terms of the formulation of this balm and whether it would be a truly unique and indispensable product on the market. To cut a long story short I was not disappointed, and I will buy this as long as I can afford to.

I also use smith's original rosebud as well as minted rose salve, and Baum de Rose is not just another rose-infused lip balm. My workplace is conservative and I never apply Smith's while I'm at work because it is simply too glossy and draws too much attention to my naturally rosy lips. Baum de Rose on the other hand gives a subdued effect. You can also layer it to nude out your lips and I love this effect on my rather pigmented lips. As far as non-glossy lip balms go, I have yet to find anything better both in terms of formulation and packaging. Carmex tastes bitter and Burt's Bee's is clear and doesn't give a rosy sheen; I want something more moisturizing, thick and gives a barely there kind of nude-ish pink for daily use. For me, there is nothing more uninspiring than to whip out a generic yellow tube of lip balm several times a day. Baum de Rose's glass jar is so old school glamorous, so French, so feminine, and makes a great little pick me up. Try this if your wallet can justify a little something luxurious.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Pintura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works. Is it worth $59? No. It shouldn't be priced that high. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything like it. I like that it comes in a glass jar and that I have to dip my finger in. I choose how much I use each time. The heavy glass and rose scent make it feel like it's a little luxury. I honestly bought it because I wanted to treat myself to something nice. Didn't expect it to work any better than Kiehl's but it does. I will rebuy not because it's that amazing or worth such a high amount but because it works and it's a little indulgence if that makes sense.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by loveblushing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip treatment. I use it every night and I always wake up w/ baby soft lips. I am on my 2nd one right now and will not go w/o it ever. It is on the pricier side,compare to La Mar which is $48 vs $58 for By Terry. However, I think it's worth every penny.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by gourmandechezelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very luxurious, rich lip balm. What I love most about it is it really gives you that "I'm rich, pampered, and fabulous" look when you put it on; it gives you instant luxe polish like no other lip product I've seen.

I quite like the smell, although it is quite strong and distinctive and definitely lingers. I can't say I've noticed a huge improvement in the softness of my lips, but it definitely makes them look gorgeous. I like to use a pinkish-nude pencil to fill them in and then top with the balm; absolutely gorgeous.

The pot is beautiful but awfully heavy to carry around in ones purse so I keep this at home, wish they made a portable version. Spoil yourself and pick this one up; you'll love the way it makes your lips look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

$60 for a lip treatment? Hell, yes! This product is, in my mind, absolutely worth it.

I just love the Baum de Rose. I saved by pennies for it over a few months thinking I was quite mad about to buy such an expensive lip treatment. When lollipop26 was still doing YouTube (thank goddess! In case you don't know, she is back blogging as Buy Now, Blog Later), she turned me on to this product and unfortunately all things SpaceNK.

Pros: 1) Beautiful cream/gel consistency. Non sticky in any way whatsoever.
2) LOVELY rose infusion provides a very natural rose scent.
3) This bad boy provides a wonderful overnight treatment that makes your lips very smooth and hydrated.
4) Formula is also quite plumping to the lips so can be worn in the day as well for a natural look.
5) This doubles as a cuticle cream. I do not waste this product on my cuticles as I don't really give a damn about them and use a nice cheap and nutural Badger product on them. However, after I am done applying Rose de Baume to my lips I do rub the excess onto my cuticles and it really moisturizes them a lot. So, if you are into your cuticles I am sure you would be happy with the results of this on them.

Con: My only thoughts regarding a change in this product is that I wish there was a day and night formula. Baum de Rose has an SPF 15 in it. I really don't like applying SPF to my face unless I am actually going into the sun. Thus, I wish there was a night formula without the SPF and a day formula with the SPF.

When I first purchased this, I thought to myself "This is a one time purchase only." However, I enjoy it so much and find it so effective that I will wholeheartedly purchase again. Furthermore. I've had my jar for a year now and I'm only half done with it. So, it's really lasting me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I held off on buying this cult product because of the ridiculous price (currently $58USD.) however, since we got winter here a little early in NYC, I've noticed that my lips have been super chapped and flaky, and none of my previous remedies were working. (ie. The Body Shop Shea lip butter, Palmer's Cocoa lip balm, Smith's Rosebud Salve, plain ol'Vaseline, Chapstick, Burt's Bees lip balm.) It felt like all of these were just coating my lips, but not really penetrating the skin to hydrate.

Enter Baume de Rose. It comes in a lovely glass jar with a metal twist-on lid, so it looks elegant sitting on my nightstand, which is where I keep it. (I bought this to keep at home, and the wand version to keep in my purse.) The texture is somewhat hard, so it feels like a thick-ish eye cream, but when you dip your finger in it, it warms up and you can get enough to apply to your lips.

Once on the lips, it really soaks in, and you barely feel it. There is no goopiness or heavy waxy feeling. It's just a light veil that works well on its own, or if you wanted, you could wear it under lipstick. The color in the pot is a pale rose-pink, and I find that it does emphasize the pink tones in my lips. I put this on at night and wake up to plumper feeling, hydrated lips. I also put some on before I leave the house so that it can soak in during my morning commute (it has SPF 15.)

This balm has a strong rose petal scent, so if that bothers you, you may want to stay away. I personally like it -- it is like rose water, and reminds me quite a bit of my travels to North Africa.

Overall, I am in live with this and highly recommend! continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went from thinking this was an "Emperor's New Clothes" beauty product to buying a pot. I had received two samples during a SpaceNK event. I globbed a bit on a few days later and immediately disliked the rose scent. It's a sweet, tea rose type fragrance that reminds me of soccer moms and Crabtree & Evelyn stores. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those, but, I tend to like more gourmand or natural scents. I didn't notice anything great, it felt a little heavy and slick, but, nothing to warrant either the hype or cost. Then I woke up the next morning, rushed to work and slapped on my usual lipstick. My lips looked nicer than usual. I looked like I was pouting slightly - just fuller and sexier than usual. After using up the first sample, I realized the Baume de Rose was what had transformed my lips. I went and made a full size purchase and haven't regretted it since.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG status here! I've recently been on a bT kick and this was the first non-foundation item form bT that I've purchased. This is a thick balm/gloss hybrid which I absolutely adore. It is a very light pink color which is very sheer but lends just a little bit of color which makes your lips look really milky and feminine. There is a very soft and fresh rose scent which is not grannyish or outdated. It comes in a frosted glass pot and a gold metal lid and seals tight. I keep this in my purse and have yet for the lid to come undone.
I don't know what magic stuff is in this balm, but it works like a charm. My lips aren't necessarily dry or cracked or damaged but BDR plumps them up (without tingling) and makes them look and feel very soft and moist. The product isn't too glossy and wears away very nicely. It is very moisturizing and weightless on the lips. At about $55 a pop, this isn't cheap but for me it is a luxury that I love. I've had my little pot for over four months now and I am only half way through with usage several times daily. I pat it on with my ring finger and often just wear it alone.
Overall, a great product! I'll continue to repurchase and repurchase unless I go broke .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No