December 22, 2014 | 1781 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I do not use this as a body scrub in the shower, then I have only one particular use for this product on the face, and that is to wash off the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I remove the dried mask with a moist wash cloth and then follow up with this scrub to ensure I get everything out. The trick is to use a very light touch and soft circular motions. Did I mention a very light touch? Since both the mask and this scrub are quite drying, a good moisturizer is imperative. And! Do not do this at home facial more than twice a week unless you have very oily skin. I find that a treatment with apricot fragrance, crushed walnut shells, salicylic acid (scrub), kaolin, bentonite, and sulfur (mask) is plenty. However, you will have soft radiant skin afterwards without breaking the bank. Both the scrub and mask are under $10 at most drug stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by somethingelse

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can I say? This stuff is fantastic! Much better than the regular St. Ives or Neutrogena. Take it from an older person (I am 60 and have almost no wrinkles) who's been fooled by hype to buy expensive products 'many' times over the decades. Expensive does not mean better. Young women, don't be 'taken' by costly advertising. If you find products like this that work in your regimen, keep it. High end companies and so-called cosmeticians are always going to 'dis' economical products that are effective. I buy this often at the Dollar Store for $2 for 200 ml. This is a winner!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

I bought this on a whim one day and I am so glad I did! This scrub made my skin feel very soft and was not too abrasive. My skin had been playing up a little bit before I tried this product, so I was really happy with it as it helped to clear out any blackheads and breakouts. I first used this on a spa night and intended to follow up with a pore strip, but I didn't need to because the scrub had done such a good job. I am not a huge fan of the scent, but I still love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great everyday scrub, especially if you have acne. If, like me, you have acne and starting to age, the SA in the product will do double duty for your skin. I do have a more expensive microderm cream I use once a week, but use this one everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by neelofur

use it in the shower. Great for exfoliation! Works better than some of the more expensive brands. Been using for years and havent found anything as good. Will continue to exfoliate face with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my goto scrub! The apricot beads in this scrub exfoliates very nicely and makes my skin very soft and smooth after rinsing! The scent is neutral in my opinion; it doesn't smell pleasing but it also doesn't smell terrifying. I usually use this scrub before I use my cleanser because this scrub will help the cleanser become more foamy and thick! The price is very cheap as I can get a large jar of this product for around $5, which will last me about 4-6 months. I also prefer the jar packaging over the squeeze tube since the cap on the squeeze tube will accumulate water if you keep it in your shower/bathtub. I wouldn't say it can get rid of blackheads and blemishes though. Overall, I will definitely repurchase this and I recommend this product for those who want a scrub that will do its job!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

Love this particular scrub from St. Ives. It works very well to exfoliate. Mix this with a cleanser for a better clean and smoother glide as the texture of this scrub may be hard to move smoothly around the face while cleansing. Good grainy texture but may be a bit harsh for those with very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Seriously, who hasn't used this product at some point? I love the squeeze tube for my face, and the big tub to use as a body scrub in the shower. Love love love this product! Smells good, doesn't leave skin tight or greasy, just enough grit, creamy and cleansing. Just a classic option for a good exfoliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by StaceyIsSpecial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scrub is incredibly soft and light. It is not scratchy or uncomfortable when rubbing in and is very easy to clean off when done. I have had a bad experience with various facial scubs in the past where they have left my face stinging afterwards, this scrub however made my skin feel fresh and clean. Why my face was totally dry after use, the skin was super soft and had a refreshing glow to it. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by lftyexo14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before using Neutrogena, this product worked wonders. I didn't have dry patches, had less blackheads, very less acne & and smoother skin. Up until I got to neutrogena... Yeah, my mom should really take me a dermatologist 😭😭😭