August 20, 2014 | 1440 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Isane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin was particularly dry last winter so I decided to try this product after reading all the great reviews. This product is very thick and I find that it takes some time to sink in. After applying my face does feel moisturized but also very greasy. For that reason, I only used it as a night cream. After a few weeks, I stopped using the product because it was causing me to breakout. The fragrance is also very strong and lingers for a long time. While I don't like this product for the face, I've found good use for it as a foot cream. I just apply at night and slip on some socks. The scents doesn't bother nearly as much this way and I wake up with nice smooth feet :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mild eczema which is well controlled without any meds. However, I moisturize religiously, typically using lubriderm advanced immediately after showering and - if I'm really dry - prepping my skin with a thin coat of Vaseline before the lubriderm. I'm on vacation at the beach right now and found the sun, salt from the ocean, and chlorine from the pool have dried my skin out terribly and has me itching even after my Vaseline/lubriderm application. Saw the Nivea cream at the grocery store and scooped it up - although it's thick paste texture is harder to apply than Vaseline, it absorbed very well and did not leave me greasy. My skin is soft and well moisturized and it's NOT ITCHING. Love it. Worth the US $8 I paid for it. Wouldn't dream of using this on my face - wayyyy too heavy for my combo acne prone skin. Plus, it contains mineral oil, glycerin, petroleum and a whole bunch of other stuff (preservatives maybe?) that would be a disaster on my face. Even still - love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It it very thick which can make it difficult to apply. It doesnt leave me feeling greasy an hour later the way other thick creams like astral can. I tend to use it at night rather than day. I like it and the fresh scent but since I am prone to trying out new products all the time I probably wouldnt buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Moisturising, clean scent. Always come back to it. HG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read through over 20 pages of reviews for this cream and couldn't find any mention of the difference between the UK Nivea and the North American. People write about the Mexican made vs. the German made, and one made in Thailand. Here in British Columbia you can buy the Mexican (in blue plastic jar or small tube) or the German (in blue metal tin). The ingredients are almost exactly the same, a slightly different order for one or two ingredients. The Mexican one has preservatives.

Both of these feel identical and smell identical (like citronella), and the cream separates from the water in it as you put it on your skin, which doesn't happen with any other cream I've ever used. I just don't get the intense love for this unless you all are getting a different cream that doesn't separate. Or are all the drug stores here selling ancient stock?

I used to use Nivea when I was younger. I went to England for a holiday in 1985 and bought some Nivea there, and it had a different scent, very beautiful, not like the insect repellant (citronella) scent that the North American (German, Mexican) version have, and had. I hadn't used it since, always remembering the nice UK version. Well, I have such dry skin that I decided to buy some today when I saw the huge tin from Germany on sale for $6.99 at London Drugs.

Edit May 5, 2014: I have used this a few times and find it completely annoying. It goes on like shortening mixed with paste; it stays on the skin and does not ever sink; and it smells like insect repellant. I can see why women used this 70 years ago when there was nothing else in the world to keep the skin hydrated. But I'd rather use plain Vaseline than this if I want hydration with grease. At least the Vaseline sinks in overnight. The Nivea stays on forever. I can't see that it could be good for the skin.

I'd like to comment that Paula Begoun gives this a bad rating based on the preservatives used in the Mexican formula. She doesn't seem to be aware of the German version which has no preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I have about 12 jars of this cream in my life right now. I'm not completely sure how that happened, but I'm okay with that. If you are offended by/sensitive to fragrance, you should walk away right now. While many call the fragrance 'clean' or 'classic', it is mildly 'old lady-ish' (floral? Medicinal? I can't pinpoint it). I think old ladies are adorable and they know their skincare. I use this on my face - I like to slather it on at night (neck, lips, eyelids) - and anywhere else I'm dry, particularly in the winter (cuticles, elbows, knees, ankles - am I weird?). It does what it is supposed to do, which is probably why this product has largely positive reviews. It has really stood the test of time. Also, Marilyn Monroe used it and that makes me feel extra luxurious.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Love this in the winter for my hands

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Super duper moisturizing,people with normal skin use nivea soft,this i use for ankles elbows and knees

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have a big tub sitting in my bathroom! I use it every night to cream my face and neck!
Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by littlebuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily facial skin and live in a tropical country so I don't use this in my face. BUT, I also suffer from eczema in my hands probably from washing my hands too much. My hands were dry,scaly and itchy and my usual body lotion wasn't cutting it. Nivea creme applied liberally on my hands before bedtime for a week completely changed how my hands looked and felt. No more itching and dryness. I'll definitely continue using it to prevent eczema on my hands! If you're suffering from dry hands after washing or persistent eczema, definitely give this a shot!