Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 11/17/2014 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My mother has sworn by this for as long as I can remember. I don't think you can expect much better from a drugstore product at this price point.

on 11/13/2014 7:23:00 AM

Oh what an excellent cream..., i have extremely dry skin from head to toe&i put this cream on my feet&hands every night before& its excellent facial night cream also. i will always buy this cream.&just remember you dont need all that expensive creams&lotions from macys, j.c.penneys etc.

on 10/24/2014 7:04:00 AM

Wow, I got a small tin of this for hand moisturizer for a trip. I have to say, I don't love the smell, and it takes a while to absorb into hands, but I found a new use for it that I love! I normally oils cleanse with coconut or almond oil at home, followed by wash with Cerave foaming cleanser. I didn't t want to bring messy oil in my luggage, so I bought Neutrogena makeup wipes instead. Well, the wipes didn't do a great job removing makeup, and they irritated my skin, too! Based on another MUA review, I decided to try using the Nivea as an oil cleanser. WOW! I rubbed it in all over my face and eyes, and then wiped it off with a damp washcloth (like I do with oil cleanse). It got everything off and I didn't feel the need to do a second wash with Cerave. My skin felt a lot softer afterwards than it does after my usual oil cleanse. I guess the main ingredient is mineral oil, and apparently my skin loves it!

on 10/19/2014 2:43:00 AM

I purchased this product to use as an eye cream. I also suffer from cystic acne around that time of the month... It sucks! I usually have one or 2 huge under the skin pimples pop up on my chin during a breakout. I am also a bad popper/picker... Which I know I shouldn't do! Well last breakdown I squeezed and picked one pimple until it was pretty much just an open sore on my face (gross! I know - sorry!!). At this time all the icky zit stuff was gone, but I had an open sore on my chin. I went to bed after this and in the morning I woke up and it had scabbed over and my chin was dry and yucky. Good luck covering that with make-up! I tried to cover it, but my chin looked like one big powdery flakey mess! Well I was so upset about how my face looked that I rooted around my bathroom cupboard to find things that I though might help - I found Nivea (and Ponds Cold Cream as well, but that's a different review!). After using the Ponds as an overnight mask to sooth my chin and the scab (BTW Ponds helped my chin turn from dry as the dessert with the huge Grand Canyon of a picked pimple in the middle to smooth and barely red with the picked pimple scab feeling soothed and way less inflamed). In the morning my chin looked so much better, but I still needed a bit of help on the scab under my cover-up... So I slicked some Nivea creme on my chin and patted a little extra of it into the scab to make it softer. After this I was able to apply my make-up and you could barely see the terribleness that lurked under my cover-up! I was so happy! If I ever have this problem again I will be reaching for Nivea (and Ponds Cold Cream!) in a heart-beat!!!!!

on 10/17/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my face every night and serves as a great eye cream as well! Moisturizes my face, doesn't break me out and keeps my face looking young. I recommend using it only at night tho, coz it has rich texture and feels heavy on the face. I have several tins, for several body parts! Lol! Overall, I love it.

on 10/12/2014 3:49:00 PM

Ah good old grandma smelling good to put everywhere on your body cream.
I have been using this cream for years, since I've been quite young.
I am never without it and I have different pots sizes. I have the smallest pot in my purse in case I need to put it on my lips or on any part of my skin that is dry. The only downside if you put it on the lips or face is that it looks White, is very oily and gives me pimples if I put it on my T-zone, eventhough sometimes in the winter or if my skin is very dry , I must use it.
I have another pot for travelling.
And the biggest pot at home, to use in the winter , on my whole body.
In teh winter my hands get very dry and bleedy so I massage it very well on my hands and by morning, my hands look much better eventhough during day it gets back again as the skin on my hands is very sensitive.

For the ladies that can apply this cream on their whole face without any issues- this makes a great hydrating face mask! Just apply it on your face, let it sit for 15mins and then remove with paper napkin or cotton pad or cotton pad moistened with warm water. Your skin will look great, especially around the eyes and lips!

on 10/12/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is super cheap and the 200ml tub I have bought will last a long time for what I use it for - feet and elbows. Too thick for face and limbs. I am a recent convert to the sister product, Nivea Soft, which I have recently started using on face and body. And as I am thrilled with the results I decided to buy the original for the dryer bits of me! This is always on offer. I am on an economy drive and have ditched loads of expensive products which were not doing anything for me other than depleting my purse, so I happy that I have gone back to old school products that have stood the test of time.

on 10/10/2014 7:20:00 AM

This review is for the Mexican version on Nivea. I have never tried the German version since you just don't get that in India. Recently I started using a quite popular face wash with 2% salicylic acid, thinking it would help my acne. Within two days of using it, I found my oily skin feeling extremely dry and rough. It almost burned when it came to contact with anything, and that was just after two uses of the face wash. Naturally, I stopped using it and decided to calm my troubled skin by using some gentle moisture. That's when Nivea stepped in. As soon as I patted some Nivea on the irritated, dry patches on my skin, it was like my skin absorbed it completely. After a couple of uses, my skin was calmed, soothed and almost felt like it's former, normal self. Also, despite of Nivea being thick and heavy in texture, it never broke me out. I've always had a tin of it lying around in my house and this incident just further testifies its effectiveness and versatility.

on 10/4/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nivea is a classic cream for me; a family association.
I am an ardent fan of the scent and texture. The scent - is to die for! I read somewhere that it is a mix of lily of the valley, rose, lilac, lavender, violets, orange etc which are all my favourite scents! It is that classic Nivea scent that is sooo soothing and comfortable on a physiological as well as emotional level as I have family memories associated with it.

The creme is not too greasy. In colder months, I generally soften the cream between the palms of my hands and dab it on the skin, usually after a shower while the skin pores are still open. The Germany version of the creme is a bit more oily and the Mexican one is more waxy or thicker (solid). I prefer the less oily version - ideally a mix of the German version and the Mexican version! :)) I also prefer the Nivea creme to the Nivea lotions as the former is a thick, rich cream which works excellent for dry winters.

I generally tend to buy the larger tub of the creme as that goes a long way compared to the disc tins which I tend to lose :( . Surprisingly, since the creme is thick I thought a little would go a long way but actually a lot of creme is needed for application as body butter. Therefore the larger tub works out more economical. The price difference between the largest tub and and the smaller tub is only 50c which is funny considering that the smaller tub has almost half the creme compared to the largest tub.

The only ingredients in this cream that I am uneasy about are the 'lanolin alcohol' and the two methyl* preservatives - I tend to forget the names - they are super long names. Put on the face, this cream sometimes causes breakouts and I suspect the lanolin alcohol or the methyl* preservative ingredients. I recently read that the two methyl* ingredients which are used in the Mexican version may cause contact dermatitis and are as bad or worse than parabens. Apparently Nivea is working to replace these ingredients. I am very hesitant to use this on the face. This cream works great as a 'body butter'.

This cream works so well on scaly, chapped feet! I had been using J.R.Watkins foot creme which has fancy ingredients like peppermint essential oil and other nourishing oils but unfortunately, the Watkins foot creme was doing nothing for smoothing the skin on elbows, knees and heels. Using Nivea creme has helped a lot. Feet are now very soft and smooth. The Nivea creme is cheaper than Watkins lotion, too.

on 9/27/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Read on Gloss and Dirt that this was a must for legs when wearing dresses or skirts the morning before I had a schmoozy cocktail thing with people my husband works with that I was planning to wear a short dress to. Stopped just for this on my way home.

It does add a very nice sheen to skin. It's not sparkly or something, just a nice, subtle shine that enhances the look of skin. I was surprised at what a (good) difference it made. It rubbed in pretty quickly but didn't absorb for a few hours, so my legs felt kinda sticky, which was less than pleasant but worth it. This would be great in the winter as well for dry skin, as it's a very rich formula.

The jar is $8 but a little goes a long way. I won't be without this for miniskirts again as long as it's not too humid out.