October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Mascara - Almay - Almay intense i-color brown topaz

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The brush on this mascara is kind of funky and it clumps REALLY easily. I would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by evergreenlynx

I agree with everyone else who commented on the colour, finally a mascara that is actually brown!! The brush looks kind of lumpy when it comes out of the tube, but don't let that mislead you. It doesn't clump up your lashes and although I didn't see any lengthening it made them much thicker at the base.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pop_puppy

Really love the true brown colour, gives me very natural looking lashes. The product claims to give 300 percent fuller lashes. The effect of this kinda measures up although the ad sounds gimmicky. Makes my lashes super super long and fuller at the roots .

I alternate this mascara with Bourjois Maxi Frange Waterproof whenever I am looking for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by CaptainOlimar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been searching far and wide for a mascara like this one! I don't want thickening for everyday use. Nor one that dries out after a week of use (are you listening Mabelline full and soft??). I want a mascara that isn't black/brown or brownish black etc but brown, (they are usually a wishy washy gray and too dark anyway) and that looks natural (not goopy or fake).

This one is the perfect brown! I have dark auburn hair but my lashes are blonde (I don't know why, the hair on my body is also blonde). Darker than brown mascara looks silly on me because my skin is light. It doesn't thicken too much, it doesn't say it will on the package so why would you review it low for not thickening? I'm digressing, anyway, it adds definition which exactly what I want in a day time mascara.

I also like the shimmer, it's very pretty. I'm so glad to have found a mascara under $10 that I can get virtually anywhere (even the grocery store!). I have dark green eyes so I don't buy it to enhance the colour, I think that whole angle is bogus, another reason why I'm worried this will be discontinued. Until then though, this is my fav mascara for formula and shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to the Just For Redheads mascara. I cannot wear black mascara with my fair hair, hazel eyes and peachy complexion because it looks fake. I haven't found mascara in comparable colors to JFR so I thought - brown topaz ... worth a try. The color is great and it doesn't glop and it does build the lashes. I had a coupon so that made it better. Don't know why Almay is promoting this color for blue eyes and black for hazel eyes and purple for browns.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by te_amo_xo0x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascra is okay. I wouldn't purchase it again though. Didn't really do much for my eyelashes or my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

This is just okay. I prefer the I Color volumizing purple mascara b/c I like the volumizing look better. This also left mascara smudges under my eyes as the day wore on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a mascara this is OK. It enhances my lashes but doesn't add much volume or thickness. On occasion it has clumped some lashes together.

The deep bronze color on the wand mascara does not show as that same tone on my lashes, it looks like dark brown or maybe soft black, nor does it really enhance my eye color on its own (unlike Almays 'purple amethyst') but it does work well with the liquid liner from the same color group.

I'm not sure if this product is worth it on its own, but with its matching liners and shadows its good. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Spendy_McShopalot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I have been looking for a a pretty coppery mascara for awhile now and was excited to see this at Target. Well, the mascara itself is not bad, but I already have a mascara I love. I bought it for the color not a a replacement for my everyday mascara.

Needless to say-it does not show up. You can kinda see it in a magnified mirror with bright light, but what is the point of that.

So-unless you have clear or white lashes-don't waste your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a great mascara. The only downside is the mascara wand. I don't like the traditional wands now that the flexile wand and comb like brushes have been invented. Besides that it thickens the lashes slightly. The unique dark bronze color brings out my particular shade of light brown eyes. The lasting power is very good giving a good 8 hour wear time. There was no clumping or flakes. Being an Almay. I was impressed. I will probably get this product again.