January 26, 2015 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

This is one of the more expensive powders at the drugstore. While the powder itself is not bad, the color selection is poor and not really good for people with olive skin, IMO.

PRO: I found it gave me good oil control and it doesn't have that much of an "old lady" smell.

CON: I found the colors to be way too red/ pink for my olive skin. I went on CG's website and, after answering their questions, the website suggested Medium 4. However, I read reviews on MUA about how the powder is actually lighter than it appears in the compact, and, going to the drugstore and seeing how Medium 4 looked way too pink, I took the safe route and purchased Medium 5. Unfortunately, Medium 5 is too red. After oxidization, it made me look like I had been sun burned or at least have major issues with skin redness.

PRO: Even though the color was off, it still looked natural. I guess looking sun burned is better than looking like you have on makeup with too much red undertones, right? If you have money to spare, you can purchase this powder and use it during Halloween to go as a Hollywood Tans victim. I tried to rescue it and use it as a bronzer, but it was too red for that purpose as well. It was too brown to be used as a blush.

CON: The powder is sensitive to movement. Be careful when using it because you can easily get a lot of powder on your brush/ sponge. It also won't swipe cleanly, so you will have powder bits still left in the compact to get into the nooks and crannies of the packaging. Store it in a secure place because the powder cracks/ becomes separated from the compact easily.

CON: The packaging is bad. I used the compact a few times, and itty bitty bits of powder escaped from the closed compact. When my powder cracked and then separated from its pan, I put the whole thing in a bag, and still I found bits and pieces of powder in the bag.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

CG makes some really great powders, and I am loving this one. I like to look natural (I don't wear foundation), but I have oily skin and some larger pores around my nose I like to minimize, and this powder offers just the right amount of coverage, and seems to just meld with the skin, so it looks completely natural. It doesn't get cakey, and it gives a soft airbrushed effect. The shades do seem to go on lighter than they appear, I am using Translucent Honey, and I'm about an NC35 at the moment, and in winter I use Translucent Medium. I love the puff that comes with it, I think it's crucial to the powder's airbrushed appearance on the skin. Oh, doesn't break me out either, and I'm very easily breakout prone with cosmetics. The compact is too cute too :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sapphire928

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this almost 2 monthes ago, and I have used it every day (that I wear makeup) since. What I love about it is that it goes on so easily and gives your skin a matte finish that for me lasts all day. In this summer heat I like carrying it with me and reapplying it throughout the day when I sweat. I have it in the color translucent honey, so it really does blend so that it does not look like you are wearing makeup. The only potential negative I should note is that it does not give you much coverage, so you do need a good concealer to wear with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I had this 2 years ago when my skin wasn't as oily. I had this in Translucent Honey 3. It evened out my skin really nicely&stayed matte for 3-4 hrs. The finish was natural looking, diminishing the look of acne.
But now I have Fresh Complexion Powder Makeup in Creamy Natural (it runs dark). If u need medium coverage, I strongly recommend that u switch to FC

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I've been going back and forth with this product for about 3-4 years and always come back to it. I find that this powder does a great job matching my skin colour and works with my oily skin; not making it look cakey or having to reapply it every hour, just maybe a touch up every few hours. What I love about this product as well is that it doesn't break me out and looks really natural; covers my flaws and hides my freckles lol (I don't have a lot maybe 3-4 on each cheek) One of my top powders & I recommend to anyone with oily/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Darkchocolatelover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! It looks so natural, my friends say it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup! That's what I like about it! :) And it covers my acne scars pretty well. I recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not so much into pressed powders, but lately I've been getting oily so I thought I'd invest in a nice pressed powder. This performs rather well, I have no complaints. Any powder or kabuki brush well do the trick for this one. I wear this over my moisturizer, no foundation, and I look nice, fresh, and alert. This with just blush/bronzer gives a good everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using CoverGirl compacts for roughly 6 years now, and I love it. I don't use foundation, because my skin is oily and it makes my skin look slightly mannequin-ish and fake. But this is a great alternative for anyone (if anyone at all) doesn't use foundation like me.

They have many shades and NONE of them at all are too pink or orange; they are all real, natural skin tone colors. Anyone who would accidentally buy a shade or two darker still wouldn't look strange with it on; it will blend nicely. (Better to accidentally get darker than lighter, since you can't blend that.) And they aren't too pricey. I'll probably continue to use these until I die.

The only pain in the rectum you'll have is if you drop it. Once maybe is all right, but if you drop them repeatedly they will definitely break, and that's not good if you have light colored carpet.

Also, tip for people that use this to touch-up the oily areas with the sponge applicator that comes with it: once you get done touching up, flip the sponge so the white side is facing UP, not back down onto the powder. The oil will make the particles stick together and un-usable. (I don't know if anyone else does this, I just know that I'm the only person that I've ever seen that puts it back in upside-down. So I apologize if this was kind of a "duh" comment.)

EDIT 05Jan2011: Unfortunately as much as I love this stuff, I can't use it anymore. As I've gotten older, the silicone in it makes me break out. Sucks because this has been a staple in my makeup bag forever. One lippie off for the irritation it caused me/ could possibly cause others. :[

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised how much I like it. CoverGirl has a lot of great foundation products...too bad their colours are HORRIBLE. Everything is always too pink or too orange...not this. I have #1 Translucent Fair. I'm Micheal Jackson pale and this is just fine..LOL. It gives a med coverage, not too matte, not too shiny..just right. **I usually put some loose powder over top on my t-zone for extra oil control ..because I need it. I took off 1 lippy because it doesn't do all that much for controlling oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Translucent Fair, which is a nice match to my complexion. The formula is finely milled, silky smooth, and wears well during the day without looking overly powdery or cakey. Does a decent job of controlling the oils in my t-zone and I have had no issues negative reactions such as clogged pores or sensitivities.