October 1, 2014 | 1525 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this 2 years ago when my skin wasn't as oily. I had this in Translucent Honey 3. It evened out my skin really nicely&stayed matte for 3-4 hrs. The finish was natural looking, diminishing the look of acne.
But now I have Fresh Complexion Powder Makeup in Creamy Natural (it runs dark). If u need medium coverage, I strongly recommend that u switch to FC

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I've been going back and forth with this product for about 3-4 years and always come back to it. I find that this powder does a great job matching my skin colour and works with my oily skin; not making it look cakey or having to reapply it every hour, just maybe a touch up every few hours. What I love about this product as well is that it doesn't break me out and looks really natural; covers my flaws and hides my freckles lol (I don't have a lot maybe 3-4 on each cheek) One of my top powders & I recommend to anyone with oily/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Darkchocolatelover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! It looks so natural, my friends say it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup! That's what I like about it! :) And it covers my acne scars pretty well. I recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not so much into pressed powders, but lately I've been getting oily so I thought I'd invest in a nice pressed powder. This performs rather well, I have no complaints. Any powder or kabuki brush well do the trick for this one. I wear this over my moisturizer, no foundation, and I look nice, fresh, and alert. This with just blush/bronzer gives a good everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using CoverGirl compacts for roughly 6 years now, and I love it. I don't use foundation, because my skin is oily and it makes my skin look slightly mannequin-ish and fake. But this is a great alternative for anyone (if anyone at all) doesn't use foundation like me.

They have many shades and NONE of them at all are too pink or orange; they are all real, natural skin tone colors. Anyone who would accidentally buy a shade or two darker still wouldn't look strange with it on; it will blend nicely. (Better to accidentally get darker than lighter, since you can't blend that.) And they aren't too pricey. I'll probably continue to use these until I die.

The only pain in the rectum you'll have is if you drop it. Once maybe is all right, but if you drop them repeatedly they will definitely break, and that's not good if you have light colored carpet.

Also, tip for people that use this to touch-up the oily areas with the sponge applicator that comes with it: once you get done touching up, flip the sponge so the white side is facing UP, not back down onto the powder. The oil will make the particles stick together and un-usable. (I don't know if anyone else does this, I just know that I'm the only person that I've ever seen that puts it back in upside-down. So I apologize if this was kind of a "duh" comment.)

EDIT 05Jan2011: Unfortunately as much as I love this stuff, I can't use it anymore. As I've gotten older, the silicone in it makes me break out. Sucks because this has been a staple in my makeup bag forever. One lippie off for the irritation it caused me/ could possibly cause others. :[

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised how much I like it. CoverGirl has a lot of great foundation products...too bad their colours are HORRIBLE. Everything is always too pink or too orange...not this. I have #1 Translucent Fair. I'm Micheal Jackson pale and this is just fine..LOL. It gives a med coverage, not too matte, not too shiny..just right. **I usually put some loose powder over top on my t-zone for extra oil control ..because I need it. I took off 1 lippy because it doesn't do all that much for controlling oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Translucent Fair, which is a nice match to my complexion. The formula is finely milled, silky smooth, and wears well during the day without looking overly powdery or cakey. Does a decent job of controlling the oils in my t-zone and I have had no issues negative reactions such as clogged pores or sensitivities.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by lilac0721

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: I must say that the packaging, is fairly well. I must say though, don't drop it, after I droped it, it broke a little bit, but not compltetly.

Price: I bought this for around 11$ CAD, ON and I cant really complain about it too much.

What do you use to apply it with? Well it comes with a sponge thingy, and im not a fan of it simply because its pressed mineral powder. So I use my Ecotools retractable Kabuki with it and it works fine.

Would I buy this again? Yes I most likely be buying this again, the only thing that might change my decision is if one of my friends starts raving about someother product that I might give a shot. But at the moment this is my favorite powder foundation.

Overall Rating: I can use this product alone, or ontop a foundation. It's staying power is fairly well, and it looks natural which is what I really love about it.

This is a GOOD BUY!

Update: Do not drop this stuff.
I dropped it once, and only a little bit fell out, I dropped it a second time and it all went to bits and pieces, I still have it, just b ecause I like it so much but now its a pain to use, it gets so messy. Also, I noticed, its not compatible with dry skin, at all,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sweedalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. It has enough coverage that I can use it alone with concealer, but I can sheer it out over foundation. It is AMAZING for those with oily skin. I love it, and have almost run out. Time to get a new one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thegreatexaggerator

This is a decent powder. It's not the best and it's not the worst. But, it doesn't break my face out, and that's a plus. I just use a kabuki brush to apply. It seems to match my skin and that's very hard to come by. I plan on using this for a very long time.