Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was my first pressed powder and I was great! I have combo oily skin. I bought translucent honey and as the package says, any color close enough to your skin will work for you. It's $9.50. There isn't anything wrong with the powder except one thing. If your using it as a finishing powder it's fine, but if your using it on your bare skin it isn't going to last long at all. By the end of the day when I was using my makeup removing wipes, all the makeup was gone. Not even a little bit of the powder showed up on the wipe. It was like I never put it on. Also, the powder puff that comes with it is really chintzy. It's very thin and there's no band in the back to hold on to; you have to just grab the edge. I'm not even sure if the puff picks up much product anymore now that it's well coated with powder from the past year.

on 7/24/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the more expensive powders at the drugstore. While the powder itself is not bad, the color selection is poor and not really good for people with olive skin, IMO.

PRO: I found it gave me good oil control and it doesn't have that much of an "old lady" smell.

CON: I found the colors to be way too red/ pink for my olive skin. I went on CG's website and, after answering their questions, the website suggested Medium 4. However, I read reviews on MUA about how the powder is actually lighter than it appears in the compact, and, going to the drugstore and seeing how Medium 4 looked way too pink, I took the safe route and purchased Medium 5. Unfortunately, Medium 5 is too red. After oxidization, it made me look like I had been sun burned or at least have major issues with skin redness.

PRO: Even though the color was off, it still looked natural. I guess looking sun burned is better than looking like you have on makeup with too much red undertones, right? If you have money to spare, you can purchase this powder and use it during Halloween to go as a Hollywood Tans victim. I tried to rescue it and use it as a bronzer, but it was too red for that purpose as well. It was too brown to be used as a blush.

CON: The powder is sensitive to movement. Be careful when using it because you can easily get a lot of powder on your brush/ sponge. It also won't swipe cleanly, so you will have powder bits still left in the compact to get into the nooks and crannies of the packaging. Store it in a secure place because the powder cracks/ becomes separated from the compact easily.

CON: The packaging is bad. I used the compact a few times, and itty bitty bits of powder escaped from the closed compact. When my powder cracked and then separated from its pan, I put the whole thing in a bag, and still I found bits and pieces of powder in the bag.

Will not repurchase.

on 7/24/2011 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

CG makes some really great powders, and I am loving this one. I like to look natural (I don't wear foundation), but I have oily skin and some larger pores around my nose I like to minimize, and this powder offers just the right amount of coverage, and seems to just meld with the skin, so it looks completely natural. It doesn't get cakey, and it gives a soft airbrushed effect. The shades do seem to go on lighter than they appear, I am using Translucent Honey, and I'm about an NC35 at the moment, and in winter I use Translucent Medium. I love the puff that comes with it, I think it's crucial to the powder's airbrushed appearance on the skin. Oh, doesn't break me out either, and I'm very easily breakout prone with cosmetics. The compact is too cute too :-)

on 7/16/2011 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this almost 2 monthes ago, and I have used it every day (that I wear makeup) since. What I love about it is that it goes on so easily and gives your skin a matte finish that for me lasts all day. In this summer heat I like carrying it with me and reapplying it throughout the day when I sweat. I have it in the color translucent honey, so it really does blend so that it does not look like you are wearing makeup. The only potential negative I should note is that it does not give you much coverage, so you do need a good concealer to wear with it.

on 3/18/2011 2:00:00 AM

I had this 2 years ago when my skin wasn't as oily. I had this in Translucent Honey 3. It evened out my skin really nicely&stayed matte for 3-4 hrs. The finish was natural looking, diminishing the look of acne.
But now I have Fresh Complexion Powder Makeup in Creamy Natural (it runs dark). If u need medium coverage, I strongly recommend that u switch to FC

on 2/19/2011 9:29:00 PM

I've been going back and forth with this product for about 3-4 years and always come back to it. I find that this powder does a great job matching my skin colour and works with my oily skin; not making it look cakey or having to reapply it every hour, just maybe a touch up every few hours. What I love about this product as well is that it doesn't break me out and looks really natural; covers my flaws and hides my freckles lol (I don't have a lot maybe 3-4 on each cheek) One of my top powders & I recommend to anyone with oily/combination skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this powder! It looks so natural, my friends say it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup! That's what I like about it! :) And it covers my acne scars pretty well. I recommend this to anyone.

on 10/16/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm not so much into pressed powders, but lately I've been getting oily so I thought I'd invest in a nice pressed powder. This performs rather well, I have no complaints. Any powder or kabuki brush well do the trick for this one. I wear this over my moisturizer, no foundation, and I look nice, fresh, and alert. This with just blush/bronzer gives a good everyday look.

on 8/31/2010 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I have been using CoverGirl compacts for roughly 6 years now, and I love it. I don't use foundation, because my skin is oily and it makes my skin look slightly mannequin-ish and fake. But this is a great alternative for anyone (if anyone at all) doesn't use foundation like me.

They have many shades and NONE of them at all are too pink or orange; they are all real, natural skin tone colors. Anyone who would accidentally buy a shade or two darker still wouldn't look strange with it on; it will blend nicely. (Better to accidentally get darker than lighter, since you can't blend that.) And they aren't too pricey. I'll probably continue to use these until I die.

The only pain in the rectum you'll have is if you drop it. Once maybe is all right, but if you drop them repeatedly they will definitely break, and that's not good if you have light colored carpet.

Also, tip for people that use this to touch-up the oily areas with the sponge applicator that comes with it: once you get done touching up, flip the sponge so the white side is facing UP, not back down onto the powder. The oil will make the particles stick together and un-usable. (I don't know if anyone else does this, I just know that I'm the only person that I've ever seen that puts it back in upside-down. So I apologize if this was kind of a "duh" comment.)

EDIT 05Jan2011: Unfortunately as much as I love this stuff, I can't use it anymore. As I've gotten older, the silicone in it makes me break out. Sucks because this has been a staple in my makeup bag forever. One lippie off for the irritation it caused me/ could possibly cause others. :[

I'm surprised how much I like it. CoverGirl has a lot of great foundation products...too bad their colours are HORRIBLE. Everything is always too pink or too orange...not this. I have #1 Translucent Fair. I'm Micheal Jackson pale and this is just fine..LOL. It gives a med coverage, not too matte, not too shiny..just right. **I usually put some loose powder over top on my t-zone for extra oil control ..because I need it. I took off 1 lippy because it doesn't do all that much for controlling oil.

Recommended for Normal Skin