December 21, 2014 | 1707 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I have sensitive skin, so I mix water into the scrub before applying. I do not scrub this stuff in and simply massage it everywhere on my face. I was hesitant to do this at first, but now I would say this method of application works.

Despite the price, this is not a miracle product. I still have to watch my diet (no fried and sugary food) and sleeping habits (before 12mn) to maintain a relatively clear skin. However, I'm willing to look past this since my skin feels baby soft afterwards.

Edit: It broke me out, so bad. Down to 3 stars because it does what it claims to do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīm not the greatest fan of manual peelings and rather use enzyme peelings like Kaneboīs silk peel powder.
My skin is combo-acne-prone dehydrated with a tendency to look dull. While my skin is pale, I also struggle with melasma and an uneven skintone.
I was given a deluxe sample of modern friction by a SA I know and she told me to try it, because she liked it a lot.
I checked the ingredients first and anyone whoīs allergic to plant extracts or doesnīt react good towards a strong concentration of vitamin c should be careful. You might get an allergic reaction or a burning feeling.
I tried the peeling wet as I didnīt want the peeling to be too harsh.
The peeling comes in a tub and is a thick white paste with grains in it. Smells good as always with Origins like lemon and plants
I put the peeling in my hand (quite a generous amount) and added some water. Then I put it on my skin and massaged it in. After that, I put more water on my face and lathered it more up. I went on with that slowly putting more and more water on until I splashed my face with loads of water. The peeling takes some time to be removed.
And accidentally, while splashing my face, some of it came to my eyes. Ouch. As the other reviewers said, be really careful beacuse the vitamin c burns like hell in your eyes.
The result was at first a skin with some red spots the immediately went away.
I didnīt react allergic and my skin can take higher concentrations of antioxodants as vitamin c.
After that, I put a calming and moisturizing mask on (Nuxe or Avene), but be careful that the mask just gives plenty of moisture without further "pushing" the skin. My skin had the slightest afterburn and felt thisty. I wanted my skin to calm down and soak up some moisture with the mask,which was exactly what happened. The slight afterburn just stayed all day and after the mask, I put on my Avene rich moisturizer.
My skin looks good and feels babysoft after the peeling.
The longlasting effects are to be seen, but I will update about it.
I really wouldnīt advise tho use this mask every day, because this is a strong peeling and your skin can just go into overload from the excessice peeling.
Many reviewers just used this peeling too often and I couldnīt help but wonder, how much damage such a strong peeling used every single day can cause to your skin. Can destroy your natural skin barrier and skin balance, cause a lack of moisture or oils in the skin and broken capillaries. So, less is more with any peeling, I would say.
In fact, I would say, use it once a week, maybe even less often.
And you have to use sunscreen after the peeling, because ths skin is sensitized to sun exposure.
For myself, I would use it once or twice a month when I want a peeling with a little more va-va-voom than my usual mild enzyme peeling. And I have skin, that kreatinizes too much, so that should tell you, that this peeling is tough stuff.
Many people with sensitive skin or allegies wonīt be able to use this at all.
I suggest to try and get a sample, because this is not suitable for everyone.
For me, this works as an extra for my skin from time to time and is a great additon to my usual mild peeling.
Update 03112012: This is a big no and I changed from 5 lippies to 1 lippie. This gave me a red dry spot in my left cheek and it proves, yes, you have to be careful with that peeling. Pampered my skin with a rich moisturizer and some eight hour cream and thank god the spot is gone.Needless to say I wonīt buy a full size and I recommed to be cautious with this peeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of physical exfoliants but I like to use Modern Friction occasionally, because I love the liquid part of the scrub, it has oatmeal scent & it feels very soothing & nourishing on the skin, the overall consistency is a bit dry if you use it without water, it feels damaging to skin so I always water it down. For exfoliation, I much prefer the magical Cure Aqua Gel & Dermalogica's Gentle cream exfoliants comes to second. I would probably love Modern Friction more if it comes without the beads.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dont really rate this. I found it a chore to use mainly because of the consistency of it being really dry. I also think there arent enough grains in it to actuallly do a deep down scrub. On rinsing also I didnt feel my face was clean and felt i needed to wash it.
I like to use a micro dermabrasion type scrub once a week folowed by a mask. Then another day i will use an exfoliator or polish currently being origins Never a dull moment which i love, and one another day a creamy peel Elemis Papaya enzyme peel.

I much prefer EL Micro D to this as it has small but many grains even though its more expensive it does a better job. The other is one from boots from the Dr Nick Lowe range.

I would like to try Dermologica thermofoliant but its quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by crystalq15

very exfoliating for the face but if you have sensitive skin i dont recommend you using this because it is very rough. smells great works great, the only downfall is the price. 40$ is rather expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jingleszz

This is a good gentle scrub if you get it NOWHERE near your eyes or nostrils. I get a very stinging sensation every time I accidentally get some in those, and trust me, it's gonna take a while to clear. That said, I prefer microdermasion beads (such as from GOW) which work better than this in my personal opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Snikkums

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea/ very sensitive skin. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It's the only real exfoliator I can actually use that doesn't leave me glowing read. I'm a white girl with pale skin and redness, and if it works for me, trust me it should work for everyone. Leaves skin nice and soft. I ADORE this product. Worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by nadyazus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best face scrub ever for me! I have normal/combination skin which very rarely breaks out and i love using this once a week. Ive run out of this once, a 50 ml trial size which lasted me a long time, and was hesitant to repurchase as it is quite expensive and my skin seemed fine anyway but after a couple months i noticed my skin starting to look less healthy so ive bought some more.
Like a previous reviewer mentioned the scrub has a consistency similar to a thick glue with sand in it. I use it as directed, applying on dry skin massaging with my fingers for a bit and then adding some water and massaging it some more before washing off carefully avoiding my eyes (cause it stings really bad).
When i use it feels very harsh on my skin and stings a bit making my face feel very raw (so i think it will be even worse for people with sensitive skin) but right after i wash it away i use a very heavy moisturizing mask (Lush - Oatifix) and i just feel my skin soak in all the moisture and after i wash that off i use a moisturizer (Lush - Gorgeous) and my skin feels amazingly soft without any dry or oily patches and has a healthy glow. I didnt notice my face being red/irritated after using this. What i love about this product is that i can feel it working, scrubbing off all the dry flakey skin and getting rid of all the oil making my skin clear and fresh.
Ive tried using another, less pricey face scrub (Lush - Ocean Salt) but it felt even more harsh on my skin and the results weren't as good so ill just stick to using this one especially as even though its expensive you only need a small amount so a full size package lasts me more than a year. The tube packaging is nice. Its hygienic and easy to use in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by medicmommy

Very gentle on my sensitive skin. Smells great, and really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK so, holy shit this is awesome!!! I can see how it could get bad reviews for those folks with sensitive skin or acne skin. As the way it works on the face you can kinda feel your skin being pummeled off!

Def go to the store and just test it on your hand, wash it off! You wont be able to stop touching that spot all day - so freaking soft.

It's basically like getting rid of all the tired dead skin cells on your face and revealing a new one! I think this works best if you dont do it too often - twice a week max! And i really enjoy using this product in summer - it creates such a healthy glow.

I would suggest not doing this the same day if you have an event, but maybe 1-2 days before as it can leave your face a bit flushed for a couple of hours after, but the next day results are worth it.

My face looks so good and fresh and alive! There's no real smell, i guess its kind of gluey with little beads inside? The skin really loves to be moisturised after using this, it just soaks whichever cream you use after that right up.

Have purchased this product two times. The first time it was in a jar - I loved it but the jar sucked and the whole thing dried out. Really excited that they have now changed it to a tube circa 2012! I'm an origins/mario badescu/korres girl, and the packaging is quite cute, goes with my other products.

The only lame thing about this product is the price. Oh I wish it were a bit cheaper! But it lasts so long.

Please test this and you won't be able to refuse having it!