July 30, 2014 | 2035 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dont really rate this. I found it a chore to use mainly because of the consistency of it being really dry. I also think there arent enough grains in it to actuallly do a deep down scrub. On rinsing also I didnt feel my face was clean and felt i needed to wash it.
I like to use a micro dermabrasion type scrub once a week folowed by a mask. Then another day i will use an exfoliator or polish currently being origins Never a dull moment which i love, and one another day a creamy peel Elemis Papaya enzyme peel.

I much prefer EL Micro D to this as it has small but many grains even though its more expensive it does a better job. The other is one from boots from the Dr Nick Lowe range.

I would like to try Dermologica thermofoliant but its quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by crystalq15

very exfoliating for the face but if you have sensitive skin i dont recommend you using this because it is very rough. smells great works great, the only downfall is the price. 40$ is rather expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jingleszz

This is a good gentle scrub if you get it NOWHERE near your eyes or nostrils. I get a very stinging sensation every time I accidentally get some in those, and trust me, it's gonna take a while to clear. That said, I prefer microdermasion beads (such as from GOW) which work better than this in my personal opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Snikkums

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea/ very sensitive skin. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It's the only real exfoliator I can actually use that doesn't leave me glowing read. I'm a white girl with pale skin and redness, and if it works for me, trust me it should work for everyone. Leaves skin nice and soft. I ADORE this product. Worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by nadyazus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best face scrub ever for me! I have normal/combination skin which very rarely breaks out and i love using this once a week. Ive run out of this once, a 50 ml trial size which lasted me a long time, and was hesitant to repurchase as it is quite expensive and my skin seemed fine anyway but after a couple months i noticed my skin starting to look less healthy so ive bought some more.
Like a previous reviewer mentioned the scrub has a consistency similar to a thick glue with sand in it. I use it as directed, applying on dry skin massaging with my fingers for a bit and then adding some water and massaging it some more before washing off carefully avoiding my eyes (cause it stings really bad).
When i use it feels very harsh on my skin and stings a bit making my face feel very raw (so i think it will be even worse for people with sensitive skin) but right after i wash it away i use a very heavy moisturizing mask (Lush - Oatifix) and i just feel my skin soak in all the moisture and after i wash that off i use a moisturizer (Lush - Gorgeous) and my skin feels amazingly soft without any dry or oily patches and has a healthy glow. I didnt notice my face being red/irritated after using this. What i love about this product is that i can feel it working, scrubbing off all the dry flakey skin and getting rid of all the oil making my skin clear and fresh.
Ive tried using another, less pricey face scrub (Lush - Ocean Salt) but it felt even more harsh on my skin and the results weren't as good so ill just stick to using this one especially as even though its expensive you only need a small amount so a full size package lasts me more than a year. The tube packaging is nice. Its hygienic and easy to use in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by medicmommy

Very gentle on my sensitive skin. Smells great, and really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK so, holy shit this is awesome!!! I can see how it could get bad reviews for those folks with sensitive skin or acne skin. As the way it works on the face you can kinda feel your skin being pummeled off!

Def go to the store and just test it on your hand, wash it off! You wont be able to stop touching that spot all day - so freaking soft.

It's basically like getting rid of all the tired dead skin cells on your face and revealing a new one! I think this works best if you dont do it too often - twice a week max! And i really enjoy using this product in summer - it creates such a healthy glow.

I would suggest not doing this the same day if you have an event, but maybe 1-2 days before as it can leave your face a bit flushed for a couple of hours after, but the next day results are worth it.

My face looks so good and fresh and alive! There's no real smell, i guess its kind of gluey with little beads inside? The skin really loves to be moisturised after using this, it just soaks whichever cream you use after that right up.

Have purchased this product two times. The first time it was in a jar - I loved it but the jar sucked and the whole thing dried out. Really excited that they have now changed it to a tube circa 2012! I'm an origins/mario badescu/korres girl, and the packaging is quite cute, goes with my other products.

The only lame thing about this product is the price. Oh I wish it were a bit cheaper! But it lasts so long.

Please test this and you won't be able to refuse having it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked for me the first few times, then it just irritated my skin even though I was only using it once a week. It just left my skin feeling sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by findochtywifie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! i have had premium brand exfoliators before that were so runny, it ended up mainly on my forearms. Modern Friction is thick and sticky and goes EXACTLY where I want it to, and stays there. I put it on dry skin then put a little water on my fingertips to massage the particles over my face. Am now on my third purchase. It's a must for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will not repurchase. I decided to give it a try even though it was really expensive. It didn't scrub too well, and it stung the hell out of my eyes - which, if something is a facial scrub, it's going to be hard to keep away from your eyes. I used the rest of it as a body scrub, away from my face, just to use it up. Very disappointed.