September 2, 2014 | 1671 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is a great product and although Bobbi Brown decided to lower their prices, it I have to say I like the Maybelline 24 hour liner better and that's almost 1/3 of the price on sale. I have tried to use this with every brush I own and have even gone out and bought different brushes with different tips but it does dry out quickly and can be guilty of giving the raccoon eye, even with primer. I don't always wear winged eyeliner but I do I enjoy this product when I need a subtle line and don't need it dramatically black and require longevity.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ireneontiveros

It gives me racoon eyes, difficult to apply because its even more time consuming than something that doesnt come in a pot. I really didnt like the product. it smears if i forget and rub my eyes. it runs on the ends of my eyes. What's the rave all about anyway?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This latest incarnation is not the same as the old formula, while it is more forgiving and easier to apply , it no longer has the longevity or the blackness of the original formula. L'Oreal, Maybelline and any number of drugstore brands work equally well. I have heard that Tarte makes a very good one, but for now I will stick with the Fran Wison cake liner and my Joradana $2.99 felt tip liner, which by the way is far and away the best felt liner whether luxury or well known drugstore brands. Back it goes and thank god sephora has a great return policy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have maybe dry skin with an oily t-zone. But after hours, my eyes do get oily. I put on a primer to combat this. Bobby brown's gel eyeliner, wow it does everything and more. I'm skeptical of buying high-end makeup because a lot of times, it doesn't live up to the hype. This does and I'm hella cheap, so it was a big purchase for me. But I use it every chance I get, I use it to make the cutest wings and it's a rich color. Also lasts longer than most gel eyeliners, I've had mine about more than 3 months (time you're supposed to throw it out). But It's still creamy and doesn't irritate my eyes. That rich creamy black is awesome, try it. You probably can't go back to buying an alternative after this. It's amazing, truly worthy of the award.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by brionyw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected a lot of great things from this eyeliner, but was pretty disappointed. The colour isn't as black as I like in an eye liner, and it goes on okay but would probably be better for a smudged smokey look than a clean, sharp winged liner look. It's not terrible but for the price I was hoping for better. In all honesty the maybeline gel liner is just as good and is far far cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this gel eyeliner, it is long lasting and goes on smoothly with a brush. The little pot of color is easily packable. I have the Sepia Ink color which is a medium brown. I apply the eyeliner with the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner brush and it works very well. I can apply this liner in the morning and it stays put all day until I remove it. I even use it to fill in my browns. A word of warning: make sure you close the top tightly or the gel will dry out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by libbychocolate

I just ran out of my old one that i had for almost two years, i fell in love and decided to buy again. However, this new one smudges...smudges pretty bad. It used to be the only eyeliner that can stay for hours but at this rate, i won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LEP627

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used. Once I mastered application, it was wonderful. TIP: always keep the container tightly closed or it will try up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I found that the black gel was not highly pigmented once I applied it. I have a medium skin tone and the gel looked dull and a worn in, even when it was fresh. Maybe this is for Bobbi's customers who like a natural, barely there look.

The other colors, not the black, are the stars of this range. The color is subtle, but noticable. They're totally acceptable for everyday use, not the kind of gels that are weird outside of nightclubs and runways.

My pot dried out after 5 months of twice weekly use, with almost half the product left. This issue is common in almost every pot of liner I've tried, so the real value comes in using it often.

I skipped the recommended brush, for a high quality angled liner brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I found this smudged and gave me panda eyes. I don't have oily eyelids, and have used MAC, Estée Lauder and L'oreal versions with no trouble. Went on beautifully, and was a wonderful strong colour, just didn't like me!