Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua/Deionized) (aqua), Cocoa Extract (theobroma cacao), Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (cocos nucifera), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cocoa Butter (theobroma cacao), Palm Oil (elaeis guineensis), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin e), Fragrance (Parfum) (parfum), Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI #19140), D&C Orange 4 (CI #15510)

on 12/3/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This product has many uses. I mainly use this product as a facial moisturizer. My skin is dry and sensitive. Its been hard trying to find a moisturizer that will nourish my skin, without it looking greasy. I have been using this for a week, and impressed with the changes my skin has made.

First of all it is definitely moisturized!!! I touch my face, and it is so soft. Another plus, is acne scars are fading away, and I have not broken out from this product.

It has a slight smell, but will go away. I just like the fact that it works well for my skin.

on 11/7/2010 1:53:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. I have been through four tubes now and our love affair is going strong. The product is really rich, but it absorbs like a wonder and never leaves anything feeling too oily. It's making my hands really soft and beautiful. The size is great to tote around in a bad or something and it's really great for massaging into dry nail areas if like me, you compulsively where nail polish all the time.

I really enjoy the smell of the product as I'm a total chocolate freak. I think it's great that it smells like cocoa and I pretty don't need to apply perfume all the time. However, for people who don't like moisturisers that smell strongly this probably isn't the product for you. HOWEVER, happily I think Palmers does have an alternative (it's just a lotion, not concentrate) that is meant to be scent free.

on 6/30/2010 11:02:00 PM

I love the smell of cocoa butter! Every palmers cocoa butter product I have tried I have liked. I do notice a difference in skin texture and help with light stretch marks. I also used to buy the cocoa butter barsoap every few weeks. I noticed some skin redness right after showering but that would go away a few minutes later.

on 6/22/2010 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this product again because to be honest I can't tell much of a difference between this and the original Palmers lotion in the flip top bottle. Which I should be able to do, as the concentrated formula in my country is about three times the price of the regular one.
In fact, the classic formula in the flip top bottle is rich enough to take care of business; it's more of a cream that a lotion anyway. In my experience the concentrated formula does nothing the regular one can't do. Whch is overall a very good, classic, less is more moisturizer. So, I don't see any reason to waste money on this version and I wouldn't advise anyone to look any further than the original.

on 4/11/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm quite happy with this product. I find the smell to be nice, and the moisturizing properties are good. I use this as a hand cream mainly, but I also use it on my elbows and knees if they get dry. It doesn't feel greasy and absorbs quickly. I always carry it around in my handbag!

on 3/27/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I cannot live without this product now. Its fantastic. I have tried a lot of hand creams as I am very prone to dry hands as i have to sanistise them constantly in an ethanol solution in my line of work which is very harsh on them. Since i have found this product though they have been a lot smoother and softer and the fine lines that i have seem to have faded significantly due to the hydration. Its really thick but sinks in fast and smells great. Highly recommend.

on 2/24/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. The texture is so rich and creamy, the smell is awesome (reminds me of the smell when i open a box of chocolate) and i love the feel of the cream on my hand when i squeeze it into my palms prior to application.

I saw this product before i saw the Palmer's cream for my faint stretch marks and my first intention was to use this cream for my stretch marks (which i got from growth spurt). I also use it for my dry heels (very effective). My stretch marks are also fainter now but I've started using Palmer's stretch mark cream for that.

To be honest, i think this cream is a bit heavy to be used as a hand cream. It absorbs quite well but the texture is a bit thick. However, it's great for body application. GOD I LOVE THE SMELL. It's simply so delicious!

If you're wondering whether to purchase this product, I recommend it. It's inexpensive (around $4 at my local chemist) and if you don't like it as a hand/body cream then you can always use it for your cuticles, chapped/dry heels, feet etc. I saw someone use this product on their eyelids before they applied eyeshadow primer (not a bad idea! =D).

Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will buy this forever and ever! It's been a great lotion ever since I was a teenager. And now that I'm 7 months pregnant (at 22 years of age) it's still the best lotion on the market. And it's only $4 at drugstores. I've tried fancy lotions like Vic's Secret, bath & body works, etc but none of them work as well as palmer's. I don't need the Palmer's stretch marks lotion because this one works just the same. I've gained a lot of weight during pregnancy and I haven't had one stretch mark!

on 2/20/2009 10:01:00 AM

This product does not moisturize like rich lotion. But it leaves my skin ultra smooth and beautiful. Does not have the soft-to-touch effect but compensates on being easily absorbed.

For my feet, this is the best. They're really smooth and loving it. And does not feel hot even with my rubber shoes on.

As a hand lotion, this is the ultimate twin sister of L'Occitane 20% shea hand cream- yes...in every aspect. But if you're looking for softening dry skin, this may not be for you as it's not greasy enough.

Dirt cheap for what it can deliver.

on 2/15/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This wasn't as moisturizing as I'd expected. I made sure to get the concentrated formula, and it felt great going on, but my hands were dry again and had chapped areas after about 30minutes unless I reapplied.