October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailtek - Foundation II - Ridge-filling

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by EFENN

very good product my nails are much stronger.Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I bought this on ebay after reading the reviews here. It has allowed me to grow out my nails without them chipping, which they always did before. My nails also don't stain under polish when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely fantastic product! Have been addicted for over a year. WoW! The best base coat I've ever used - keeps nails in perfect health and unstained under any color polish! And forget Nailtiques "for weak nails" - this is THE stuff! Much better than the Nailtek formula for damaged nails, this base coat does everything - fills in ridges, preserves nail color and health, grows stronger nails faster, keeps nails from peeling or layering, makes the colored polish go on "stronger" colored and opaque shades less streaky in 1/2 coats, and keeps the polish in place. It is a milky color and can be used in a single, or if nails are particularly uneven, a double coat. No need to file those ridges away, which would result in more damage. It dries in about a minute or two. A great and simple way to wear it is 1/2 coats of it and top it off with a sheer pearly shade - nails look perfect and grow strong. Can add a top coat if you need a particularly tough hold to have a nourishing manicure that will last you 2 weeks. A truly unique, wonderful product. I would stock up on these for 30+ years if they ever decide to discontinue.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by clovescats

this is such a disappointment. i'd read good reviews of this product, and decided to buy it. WORST CHOICE EVER. my nails are weak and chipping insanely now; they were previously strong and rarely ever chipped. i was previously using orly bonder which many reviewers said were bad, so i switched cause i was worried my nails would chip and turn yellow. ARGH, this product has ruined my nails. would not ever use it or buy it again.

oh yeah, and longevity of my nail polish is quite bad too - it chips within 2 days??

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by themisanthrope

I bought this because Nailtiques II has been a bit hard to find in my area lately... and this is cheaper.

With Nailtiques, my nails were long, thick and strong. I switched to this hoping I could maintain the nails I manged to grow. After about a month, all of my nails began to break... now they are peeling and back to the original state before I ever tried Nailtiques. I'm actually pretty depressed about it because this doesn't even function as a good basecoat for me. My nail polish chips after day 1. I don't know why this stuff wont work for me...

I haven't even bothered finishing my bottle which is more than half full. All of my nails broke and I am discouraged and completely stopped painting my nails. I have to start all over again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm soooo happy I found this. My nails are incredibly thin and peel easily. I can get them to grow fine, but once they get longer they start to peel and get thin.

This basecoat is absolutely wonderful. It fills in the weird ridges I get and also dries with a matte finish that I like to think helps the polish adhere better.

After using this religiously for a few weeks, I can tell a 100% difference in the thickness of my nails. My nails are super strong and the peeling is 75% better (not sure if that will ever go away).

If you can get your hands on this at a beauty-supply store instead of a nail salon, the price is decent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by KerryWalkerNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product as I had weak, thin and peeling nails that always seemed to tear just as they got long. This base coat has helped them to grow longer and stronger, without tearing so often.
It is a thin, semi-opaque product which dries matte in a very short time. It does a good job of ridge filling and preventing nail polish chipping, also. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I agree with everything people wrote that is positive about this product. What I can add is that it really has made my nails stronger, but what I really love about Nailtek II is the ability it has to smooth and even out my nailbed color to make all my sheer Essie polishes wearable. No sheer has ever looked good on my nails before Nailtek II. In the past, I could never get sheer nailpolish to work for me. Sheers over my natural nails never looked refined, but now my nails look very chic, clean, and healthy with this product. The clear slighty cloudy white color in this basecoat is genius! Holygrail product for me!! I buy it at Ulta for $6.99. I like buying all my products there. That way I know I am getting fresh product!
My manicure routine: A thin coat of Nail Envy Matte, Nailtek Foundation II (a complete even coat, so you cannot see my nail) & I let it dry for two to three minutes, then one thin coat of super sheer polish (usually an Essie n/p), and Seche Vite fast drying topcoat. My nails feel so strong and healthy, and my manicure last until I remove it!!! Drying time is ultra fast too! I've had acrylic nails off and on for over 15 years, and I've been so addicted to acrylics, but this time...I think Nailtek has me off of acrylics for good!!!! My natural nails have NEVER been this great! Definitely a miracle product for me. I've told all my girlfriends about it!

Update: Still doing this routine, but I switched out the topcoat to Sally Hansen Insta Dri. I Love it way better! With the Insta Dri my manicure feels harder and last longer. The Seche Vite gave me a rubbery softer topcoat. The Insta Dry does dry harder and seems to bond better.

Also, applying the Nailtek can be a little tricky. It can get goopy, and I end up having to wipe it off, and redo it if it's lumpy and uneven. I have to make sure I use fast even strokes and spread the product on my nails thickly to get good results. A little bit of a pain, but so worth the trouble. I find it's okay to lay it on the Nailtek thick because when I apply my nailpolish and topcoat...It magicly all bonds together, and doesn't look thick at all :) This product is Fabulous!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worked great the first week, made my nails strong and long, but then my nails turned yellow and started to peel like grazy. I still have one nail that is peeling so I have to waer short nail and wait til it grows out again. Contains formaldehyde

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mixmastertiki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been buffing my nails to get a glossy polish finish for a while, but found that it left my nails thin and peeling. I chose Nailtek's Foundation II because it promised to act as a ridge filler and nail strengthener. Application is a breeze. Not only does the product dry very quickly, but the brush is amazing and makes for single stroke application for all but the widest nails. After several weeks of use, my nails are no longer peeling and are significantly stronger. And while the ridge filling effect of the product doesn't quite give the same affect as buffing, my nails still have a nice gloss when polished. My only complaint is that often after the first or second coat of polish is added atop, the Nailtek will seep into the polish and partially mattify it, which may make this a hassle for those who are not using a topcoat.