November 29, 2014 | 1164 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Prior to this, I have always used only pressed powder. My mom kept trying to get me to try a loose powder, but I always resisted. But after trying several loose powders that didn't really work for me or weren't anything special, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I don't like the little puff that comes with it, so I apply this with a brush instead.

I purchased this in translucent medium. When I first opened the package, I was worried that it would be thick and cakey. But it is not at all. It's very light and easy to apply. It is very sheer and you can barely see it once it is on your face. I like that a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to find a pressed powder to do that. The price is reasonable and a little bit goes a long way. Other reviewers mentioned a smell that is somewhat off-putting, but I have not noticed that at all.

The only thing I don't care for with this powder is the packaging. It is not always easy to get the powder out and it kind of flies all over the place. I usually end up with powder all over the sink and my arms. But that is very minor, so I can live with it. The things I like about this powder outnumber the one minor little negative. I have no idea why I didn't try using a loose powder sooner. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

Edit 8-15-2014
I have one major complaint about this foundation. It is NOT translucent. I had this in medium, and was hoping it would be colorless over my foundation. It's not. It has a definite tint to it. It doesn't look horrible. Even though I did end up repurchasing this, I also ended up throwing it out. I decided to get the Maybelline Loose Powder instead. The light is a perfect match for my Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Natural Beige. There are instructions on the back that makes it a snap to find the right shade. I plan on sticking with loose powder, but I'm pretty much done with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by longhairlove4

This powder is amazing! When I put on foundation I feel so caked and heavy but after when I put this on it feels like I just washed my face. The packaging is very poor and when I first opened it spilled all over me. The smell isn't that bad, its like an old grandma smell but it goes away after 10 minutes.

Overall, even though its poorly packaged and smells bad, the pros out weigh the cons as it makes your face feel and look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lid sucks! Anyway, just HAD to replace that hideous yellow stuff, that L.A. Colors calls "light" loose powder! YUCKO!!! This powder is just the right "light" color and it goes on smooth, lasting all day long! LOVIN' it so far! But, I don't get any sparkles or glitter at all! And, I guess I'm in the minority on that, as I sure wouldn't mind a bit of it! Oh, well! It works better than most loose powders, so I ain't complainin'! I don't use the puff that comes with this. I prefer a brush. Also, I get a slight Noxzema-like odor from this, but it isn't bad at all. I don't smell it at all once it's been applied. GREAT stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kelciekr

I bought this product because I was looking for a loose powder, and since i frequently use Cover Girl products I decided to give this product a try. I'm fairly disappointed with the results, although it could just be my skin and not the product itself. I didn't like the fact that this product had fragrance in it that is very very strong. I think because of that my skin has been irritated and breaking out. On top of that, it doesn't last very long before I have to blot and touch up. I would reccomend this to someone who doesn't have sensitive and oily skin. On the bright side, I do like the finish of this powder, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This powder makes my face feel dry and powdery. It looks unnatural at first, but quickly comes off and my face becomes oily again. It's so messy because of the loose powder format.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fcirone1

Was pleasantly surprised at how great this powder is at controlling oily skin. I use the Revlon Whipped creme foundaiton in sand beige and chose Translucent Fair in the CG loose powder. I barely need to touch up....don't have to and this combination works great together....actually better than the rimmel pressed stay matte powder i was using previously.

I apply the powder with a brush instead of the puff all over my face eyelids, and it works great at controlling oil. I usually take off the top and sprinkle an amount into the cap and use my brush to swirl and apply on my skin. Shade works well and like the fact it is more yellow than pink. It also has that clean noxzema smell which I like and findly oddly comforting.

I think for my purse, not sure if i would trust the packaging won't open and spill out all over so i would probably purchase a compact in the buff beige which i find to be a similar shade in the compact pressed powder......strangely enough i find the pressed powder doesn't control oil as good as the loose powder which i find to be amazing.

Highly recommend especially for oily/combo skin gals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by TheItalian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very briefly... I was impressed by the high quality, texture, and outcome of the powder itself.
I have tried several loose powder high end brands, MAC, Estee Lauder, Chanel. All of them had a sticky kind of sensation to them, like there were still some emulsifiers or binders in them. Not at all pleasant. I have oily skin so I need powder to set make up, not make it even more oily.

- The loose powder is high quality: keeps everything in place, no shimmer, no weird coloring.
- Dirt cheap... 6 dollars on Walmart
- It smells like old lady, which turns me off, but who cares...it's gone after 10 mins.
- The packaging is not the greatest, but at least it's easy to get it out. Had trouble with previous brands where powder wouldn't even come out.

Overall, if they changed the fragrance used in the powder... they would get more customers for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by cenxo

this is the best and only powder I will ever use. I've used from high end to drug store and always come back to this! it smells like grandma make up but I love it! it works great on my oily/acne prone skin. holds everything in place and isn't shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Been using this for over thirty years now, yes count them. Whoa, dating myself here. Has the same CG (Noxema) scent that it did back in the early 1980s. However, it's the same great formula that keeps me looking flawless, oil-free and seems to make my pores disappear. Not crazy about the new packaging, but this is one of those classic products that still delivers on its promises.