Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

4.1

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Tetrasodium EDTA.

on 12/3/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

White foundation has changed my life for the better. I'm a very cool toned, extremely fair NW10. I got sick of having to put on foundation so sheerly because it was just a bit too dark and of falling in love with great foundations that I simply couldn't wear because the shade range was so limited. Enter Manic Panic Dreamtone white foundation, a great, inexpensive choice for those of us who didn't get a lot in the melanin department. It's a slightly thick, very, very creamy opaque white foundation. It mixes quite well with colored foundations. The cap has a small spatula attached to it. I use the spatula to dollop foundation on the back of my hand. I then apply the too-dark foundation to the back of my hand and mix well. Then I can apply the mixture with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Because of the spatula, I can easily control the amount of white foundation I need.It would probably drive me nuts if I had to apply the white foundation directly to my face because I'd have to keep dipping into the bottle, but as it is, I just use small amounts at a time. I haven't experienced it settling into my pores as others have. I think it's a great value. I would repurchase this, particularly for using with thicker foundations such as Revlon Colorstay. I also recommend the more liquid-y Mehron Liquid in White as a wonderful, inexpensive choice for white foundations. If you have dry skin, you may prefer Manic Panic's, which feels creamier and has lanolin oil in it.

on 5/9/2010 5:15:00 PM

like many users of this product, i guess i'm such a ppp that even lightest foundation i can find is not light enough. in fact, when i first recieved this i did not mix it with my skin-toned foundation and found that nobody even knew i was wearing pure white makeup unless i told them, that's how pale i am. anyway, i really love this product. yes, it has it's flaws, namely the fact that it doesn't really mix well into the pores unless you have more flesh-toned foundation then not. the packaging is just okay, i'm kind of weary of glass packaging because i can't toss it around in a makeup back. also the spatula that it comes with took some getting used to, but it's great when it comes to getting consistent results every time because you know exactly how much you're using. anyway. THIS STUFF ROCKS if you can't find a foundation light enough to match your skin tone. :) yay manic panic.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a natural red head and I use this to make my foundations lighter. I really love this foundation because it will mix with any foundation, even my MUFE HD, which is heavily silicone based. I've recently started trying silicone-free foundations, and I can still use this because it doesn't contain any silicones.
I think the spatula is a great design idea because with a pump, you might pump out more foundation than you will use, and the spatula helps you scoop out whatever you need, without the mess of a no-pump bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not goth, and I don't think I'm that pale, but makeup manufacturers refuse to make a shade that matches me, so I am forced to mix my own colors with this Dreamtone corrector. For kicks I tried putting it on by itself, but it didn't blend well and settled into my pores. So, if you're looking for a whiteface look, maybe try their cream foundation or something; this isn't it. However, if you need to lighten up you foundation a little (or a lot), it mixes really well and doesn't affect the texture of the original, even when mixed 50:50. The spatula thing is weird... I'm not feeling it... but really this stuff works and pure white liquid is hard to find.

on 3/16/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this to correct my foundation... no matter what I try, I can't find a foundation pale enough for me. The lightest shades that brands have to offer still leave a pink or orange ring around my face. I'm soooo glad I discovered this as a corrector! I'm not going for the goth look, I just needed my foundation to actually match my super fair skin. I just mix a little of this with a little of my foundation and blend it all together to make a paler formula. This definitely works. I don't really like the little "paddle" though. I wish it was just a pump dispenser or something. But I can live with it, it's not horrendous enough to stop me from buying again. It especially helps with drugstore foundation brands since their "ivory" shades always seem to contain too much pink or orange- definitely great for a pale girl on a budget who can't always afford the expensive foundations! I mix this with my cheap Max Factor foundation and I always end up with a great match :)

on 4/27/2008 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i dont have the white but i bought the violet before they quit carrying it. i love to use it when im trying to look gothy and pale. other then that i dont use it. looks good when paired w/ their pressed powder products too.

on 12/19/2007 1:03:00 AM

does the job. i wish the liquid foundation would give me coverage. and if i layer to much on it starts to rub off. but its good for the few times i need to be pale. i like to mix it with my regular foundation.

on 5/19/2007 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like this stuff! I have it in White. I use it sparingly under or mixed with my regular foundation and I blend it down my neck. It gives me a real porcelain look. I'm already extremely pale so it works on me but probably won't work on someone with darker skin. It's only about $10.

on 10/7/2006 11:58:00 AM

I love this stuff. I use it to mix in with my regular foundation, since I am a super-PPP and can never find makeup that's light enough. I like that it has a spatula end attached to the cap. This way, I can control how much I use to mix. It is true that it doesn't blend perfectly into skin, but that may just be that white is very noticeable in the pores. This stuff is still a must-have for me. I'm saving so much money because I'm able to use foundations that were previously too dark and would have to be tossed. I hope they don't discontinue it!! I'm in the NYC area, but I purchased it from an online store, so it might still be available outside the area.

on 5/7/2006 9:40:00 AM

This is actually the closest colour foundation I have ever found for my skin-tone. It comes in a glass jar with a paddle-like applicator.

I know it's white, but it evens out skin perfectly. It's got a great consistency but doesn't spread evenly, not even on moisturized skin. Once set, this foundation lasts for a long time but is also easy to take off. It does not flake or accentuate flaws too much.

I find it works better as a primer for my pale skin.

Out of NY I think it can be a bit hard to find (especially in Canada) so you have to visit specialty stores like costume shops (with makeup counters) or goth type places.