Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

4.1

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Tetrasodium EDTA.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Where has this product been my whole life??? This is a MUST HAVE for ladies who have problems finding the perfect match with liquid foundation or for anyone who loves their current foundation but needs to lighten it for winter time. If you're extremely fair, you may be able to use this as a foundation alone. I tested this with my CS, which is slightly too dark on me but matches my undertones well. Voila, with a small dab of the dreamtone white mixed in with the CS, I have my perfect match! Another huge plus is the formula does not alter the performance of your foundation. Only gripe; Wish it came in a squeeze bottle. This is something I will be buying forever.

on 5/19/2011 7:56:00 PM

I found this foundation to be a great shade of pure white. The reason I was disappointed with this product was that I bought it to be used as a foundation. It applied terribly on its own - very streaky, uneven & extremely unblendable. I tried & tried bc I really wanted to love this product but nope, nothing worked. It stayed well enough when on but not great. The lid has a paddle/spatula type stick to get the foundation out. It was pretty unique which I liked.

Anyhoo the reason I gave this 3 lippies instead of 1 is because I could see how this foundation would be great as a lightener to add to other foundations. I never did it myself but on second thoughts I should have instead of turfing it. So by all means buy this product as a means to lighten other foundations. But please be warned, it is not a good foundation by itself!

on 12/23/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is not really a foundation, in the sense that I wouldn't wear it alone--I've tried, and it goes on streaky and uneven and sits in your pores so it looks like you have white dots all over your face (even over a primer). HOWEVER it is very good for lightening other foundations you may have purchased that are too dark--mix a little of each in your hand until you have the shade you want. (If the proportions get too high in favor of the Dreamtone--maybe more than half and half--you might get the streakiness and pitting though.) When mixed well with another foundation, it gives a sort of fresh, brighter quality to the face--not a glow, exactly, but something sort of youthful and nice. So if you use the product correctly (not as a foundation on its own) you should be pleased.

on 12/3/2010 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

White foundation has changed my life for the better. I'm a very cool toned, extremely fair NW10. I got sick of having to put on foundation so sheerly because it was just a bit too dark and of falling in love with great foundations that I simply couldn't wear because the shade range was so limited. Enter Manic Panic Dreamtone white foundation, a great, inexpensive choice for those of us who didn't get a lot in the melanin department. It's a slightly thick, very, very creamy opaque white foundation. It mixes quite well with colored foundations. The cap has a small spatula attached to it. I use the spatula to dollop foundation on the back of my hand. I then apply the too-dark foundation to the back of my hand and mix well. Then I can apply the mixture with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Because of the spatula, I can easily control the amount of white foundation I need.It would probably drive me nuts if I had to apply the white foundation directly to my face because I'd have to keep dipping into the bottle, but as it is, I just use small amounts at a time. I haven't experienced it settling into my pores as others have. I think it's a great value. I would repurchase this, particularly for using with thicker foundations such as Revlon Colorstay. I also recommend the more liquid-y Mehron Liquid in White as a wonderful, inexpensive choice for white foundations. If you have dry skin, you may prefer Manic Panic's, which feels creamier and has lanolin oil in it.

on 5/9/2010 5:15:00 PM

like many users of this product, i guess i'm such a ppp that even lightest foundation i can find is not light enough. in fact, when i first recieved this i did not mix it with my skin-toned foundation and found that nobody even knew i was wearing pure white makeup unless i told them, that's how pale i am. anyway, i really love this product. yes, it has it's flaws, namely the fact that it doesn't really mix well into the pores unless you have more flesh-toned foundation then not. the packaging is just okay, i'm kind of weary of glass packaging because i can't toss it around in a makeup back. also the spatula that it comes with took some getting used to, but it's great when it comes to getting consistent results every time because you know exactly how much you're using. anyway. THIS STUFF ROCKS if you can't find a foundation light enough to match your skin tone. :) yay manic panic.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a natural red head and I use this to make my foundations lighter. I really love this foundation because it will mix with any foundation, even my MUFE HD, which is heavily silicone based. I've recently started trying silicone-free foundations, and I can still use this because it doesn't contain any silicones.
I think the spatula is a great design idea because with a pump, you might pump out more foundation than you will use, and the spatula helps you scoop out whatever you need, without the mess of a no-pump bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not goth, and I don't think I'm that pale, but makeup manufacturers refuse to make a shade that matches me, so I am forced to mix my own colors with this Dreamtone corrector. For kicks I tried putting it on by itself, but it didn't blend well and settled into my pores. So, if you're looking for a whiteface look, maybe try their cream foundation or something; this isn't it. However, if you need to lighten up you foundation a little (or a lot), it mixes really well and doesn't affect the texture of the original, even when mixed 50:50. The spatula thing is weird... I'm not feeling it... but really this stuff works and pure white liquid is hard to find.

on 3/16/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this to correct my foundation... no matter what I try, I can't find a foundation pale enough for me. The lightest shades that brands have to offer still leave a pink or orange ring around my face. I'm soooo glad I discovered this as a corrector! I'm not going for the goth look, I just needed my foundation to actually match my super fair skin. I just mix a little of this with a little of my foundation and blend it all together to make a paler formula. This definitely works. I don't really like the little "paddle" though. I wish it was just a pump dispenser or something. But I can live with it, it's not horrendous enough to stop me from buying again. It especially helps with drugstore foundation brands since their "ivory" shades always seem to contain too much pink or orange- definitely great for a pale girl on a budget who can't always afford the expensive foundations! I mix this with my cheap Max Factor foundation and I always end up with a great match :)

on 4/27/2008 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i dont have the white but i bought the violet before they quit carrying it. i love to use it when im trying to look gothy and pale. other then that i dont use it. looks good when paired w/ their pressed powder products too.

on 12/19/2007 1:03:00 AM

does the job. i wish the liquid foundation would give me coverage. and if i layer to much on it starts to rub off. but its good for the few times i need to be pale. i like to mix it with my regular foundation.