Guerlain Les Voilettes Loose Powder

3.9

on 5/2/2006 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Ambree no:4,it's like it's not the perfect match for me when I look from the outside but when I wear it,it's like the powder adapts itself to my coloring.That's not a miracle tho,the answer is the quality!This loose powder is so finely produced that you don't even feel that you have powder on your face.A little goes a long way as a finishing powder for touch ups.I love the divine smell,and the HUGE compact as well.It's too big to take it with me but it looks like a gem on my vanity.

on 1/4/2006 8:23:00 AM

Mmmm.... violets! This is glamour in a jar. I love to *puff* it on my face each morning. I still have to use a powder brush to blend it in...I didn't think I would, so that's one lippie subtracted. I'm also not sure that this gives me the shine-free matte look I want ALL DAY LONG. I am a little shiny by noon. Even so, I will definitely keep this in my purse for touch-ups...simply for the glamour of it all...and to smell violets on my face. I'll update when I finish the jar and see what I think.

on 7/15/2005 11:51:00 AM

It is extremely expensive and doesn't do much... it has a shimmer to it, and that's about yet.. nothing special. doesn't control oil at all.. worse than the L'oreal loose powder.. the package is pretty, but i can not believe it is made of paper!!! just returned it...

I love this powder! I really love the delicate violet scent that Guerlain used to fragrance the powder. It's somehow comforting to me. I got this powder in No1 Transparent. The container the powder comes in is just absolutely elegant, looks great on a makeup table. The powder itself is wonderful, not too heavy. For me it just lightly sets my makeup, and it really lasts all day. Worth the price, definately.

on 9/15/2002 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good quality powders actually, but what with the smell?! I usually don't mind slight smell but this one is very irritating. Too bad, bec it is very expensive.
Edited 17/7: I changed my mind, I kinda like the smell now (violets, doh!). Mine is Transparente #1, nice translucent powders that will be suitable for oily skins.

very nice for porcelain toned skin, gives a nice finish

Recommended for Normal Skin