November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by pm3222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pricey for a hand cream, but I think it's worth it. Most people who dislike it do so because of its smell, which is very distinctive, but it really did an outstanding job of softening my hands and other dry skin patches I had (over the summer and winter months). If I could afford it I would use this as my everyday hand cream. This also became my mother's favorite hand cream because it really did help soften her hands and diminished the look of her wrinkles. She didn't mind the medicinal smell since the cream was so effective. I'm getting to be at the age where I'm more interested with a product's effectiveness and its ingredients than their smell and appearance--so I'm giving this cream 5 lippies because it worked. I mean, it didn't just lay on your skin like less expensive creams (Suave, Nivea, etc.) it went deep down and softened.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I did notice the slightly strange fragrance at first but because this stuff is so moisturizing I got past that. Firstly it does not contain high amounts of water and silicones that trick you into thinking for the first 15 or so minutes that it is working, DO a search for silicones and you will discover that it was designed to dry off, not moisturize skin, it has no purpose in skincare expect for the slip and "feel" and yet many companies use this in their formulas.
This it is a true moisturizer and is one of the best all around creams I have tried, good price, unpretentious packaging, an HG !!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why didn't I read the reviews first? I was at Whole Foods, needed a hand cream, and wanted one with a twisty cap so it wouldn't spill in my purse. Pretty package, I got this. I should have known there was a problem when there was no tester available.

This stinks! It's medicinal and not in a good way, more in a gross icky way. It's slimey and oily, and 10 min after putting it on I still feel it sitting on my hands like an oil slick. The smell has barely faded. I would not buy this again, but since I'm stuck with it, I'll begrudgingly finish the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by BeckyJSacto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion works well, but the smell and color are hard to get past when you first use it. With the soothing color and design of the package -- not to mention typically nice-smelling ingredients -- I thought for sure I must have gotten a bad batch with the bright yellow-orange lotion and strong medicinal smell. YIKES!

It worked into my skin nicely, and the moisturizing benefits are long-lasting, but I'll be switching back to my beloved L'Occitane shea butter hand lotion (even though those caps are difficult to screw back onto the tube!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many others have pointed out, this stuff stinks! Literally!! It's also sticky and oily, and it never seemed to "sink into" my skin. Honestly there are far better moisutrizers out there. I like Burt's Bees products, but this product is a miss!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a lotion junkie and have used plenty of hand cremes. This one STINKS! I gave this product two stars ~ it might work, but I will never know because I cannot get past the smell. I received this as a free sample, and I am so glad that I didn't waste money on this lotion. I will never buy this product unless Burt's Bees changes the formula...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by wildcatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have some Burt's Bees products I love, but, this is not one of them. First, I don't like the smell. One of the best things about most products with natural ingredients is that they smell nice and don't have an artificial scent. This one has a medicinal odor that would not cause somebody to want to be close to you.

Secondly, the saffron yellow color of the product stains my white socks yellow. Ugg! I like to moisturize my feet and wear socks, but not with this product.

And lastly, the product itself; I don't like the way it feels and it doesn't absorb well, but worst of all, I don't find it to be all that moisturizing. There are better non-natural products for moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by swhandamari

i love this!
it has the best ingredients, plus the natural smell is kinda soothing for me, almost medicinal (in a good way).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by pennyinman

I like the effectiveness of the product after it has soaked in, but I HATE the smell. You do not get the impreesion that it will have the horrible smell from the outside packaging, but when you look on the tube and the ingrediants, rose water is the first ingredient. The creators definetely did not think of the rose water combination with the other ingredients. Shea butter smells awesome, cocoa butter smells awesome, rose water is just toooooo strong. Hit me like a stone! My husband HATES it. I am using up the tube because of the cost and I like how it smooths and softens my hands, but only at work. Keep my students on their toes :) Will not purchase again, though. the smell is just too darn strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At the aiport on my way to sunny Dominican Republic, I was stuck with dry and chapped hands from freezing New York weather. With no moisturizer on hand, I forced myself to pay $3.99 for a travel size of this product since it was the only natural hand cream available. Upon using it, my hands were instantly softened. It's kind of sticky, but it goes away. I'm just surprised by how much it was taken away the dryness! I used it while in Dominican Republic and my hands never felt sunburned. I don't know what's with the reviews on a horrible smell. I love the smell! It's indeed the flowery smell of neroli. A very beautiful flower. I was so happy with the results that I decided when I returned home, I would buy a full size product, despite the high price of $12.99. When I came back, I was given a $25 gift card to CVS, so I bought it! You really don't need a lot to moisturize, which is a plus because it redeems itself in the end.