July 24, 2014 | 1968 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Well it looks like people are reviewing the Oil Free Level 3 along with this one which is the American version I think. So the Oil Free Level 3 Smoothing lotion is the one I want to review. It is awesome!!! Even Paula from Paula's choice rates it highly. It is so smoothing and feels really nice. So happy I tried it. I have been using Neostrata for many years, but this product is now one of my favourites! It is similar to one they had many years ago for oily skin. The texture is almost gel like. I will update about how my skin looks in a few weeks. For me the important this is that it doesn't make me break out or irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually love this day lotion. I normally am combination oily skin but I find that the creme texture of this works pretty well. I use the day smoothing creme spf 15 during the day and the regualr on in the jar at night. So far, I've noticed my skin being more brighter, even toned and soooo smooth! I love this and actually am starting to try more products from this line. Great price too...I think it is around $38! I did feel a mild tingling sensation the first few times I used this but it went away pretty fast! The only down side is that when I put my foundation on, some of the product "pills" off but I'm pretty much over that since it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

This product has done so much for my skin. It has gone from dull with enlarged pores and frequent breakouts to clear and glowing. I feel more attractive now then I did in my late 20's. I wouldn't be without this product. I do get the occasional zit, but nothing like I used to. I use neostrata glycolic body lotion on my shoulders and back and they are smooth and touchable as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lamontsmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I’m on day 7 of using the NEOSTRATA LEVEL 3 SMOOTHING CRÈME and I have to say, I’m really starting to notice a difference. Big time!

I’m applying it morning and evening.

Day 1-3 – Significant stinging when applied after cleansing and toning.
Day 4-7 – Moderate stinging applied after cleansing and toning.

I wanted to try the lotion, particularly because I have an oily T-Zone and along with some deep acne along my ‘sideburn-esque’ area, but I was afraid the lotion would ‘pill’ as others have commented, due to the SPF … (I’ve had this problem with other products before). However, as the dry cold weather approaches, coupled with the fact that I haven’t found a suitable moisturizer yet, I figured I’d try the richer crème.

It does leave my face a bit shiny if I apply too much and/or I don’t rub it in enugh … which takes a while. But, I’m getting used to the application process.

OK – So, the skinny on the NEOSTRATA LEVEL 3 SMOOTHING CRÈME … for me ...

I did break out somewhat by day 3-4, particularly around my mouth/chin and under my nose. By yesterday, that had cleared and I’m now left with very clear skin in this area. Also broke out a little on my cheeks, near my smile lines. I think I’m putting too much product here as well, or, it’s “pooling” – so I will pay closer attention to this. The acne along my “sideburn’ area is WAY less pronounced and the skin, much softer. I hasn’t completely disappeared, but it’s much better. Ooverall, I am happy with the results. I haven't experienced the flakyness others have mentioned.

Here is my twice Daily regime:

• Cleanser – Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Scrub
• Toner – Clarins – Gentle Toner
• Moisturizer - Neostrata Level 3 Smoothing Crème
• Soon to add – NEOSTRATA - SKIN RENEWAL PEEL SOLUTION – 3-5 times per week.

INote: ’m open to suggestions to changing cleanser or toner – so if anyone reads this and has a suggestion – feel free to let me know. Also, I'm not wearing an SPF at the moment so I may have to look into this soon.

Shoppers Drug Mart had a 30% off sale on Neostrata this week so I also picked up the SKIN RENEWAL PEEL SOLUTION … Will be trying it this weekend and report back. I got both products for 85$ which is amazing!

I'm going to continue on with the creme until the bottle is done and will update at that time - likely 3 months. I also look forward to reporting on the peel. I have high hopes for it - as it has such great reviews!

My only concern is that with all this exfoliation I'm doing (which I've desperatly needed) is that I'm RE NOURISHING my skin ... IAgain, suggestions as to what might be a good choice for a 40+, relatively wrinkle free, t-zone combo skin, person like myself, greatly appreciated!

thanks!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by susan5036

This cream totally saved my skin. My skin is combination, sensitive and acne-prone and it will break out like insane if use wrong products. This AHA 10 Lotion totally cleared my pimples in 2weeks and fade the scar faster. I also recommend one of my friends who had cystic acne all over her face and it worked on her skin so perfectly as well in 1 month. Now she is acne free and the scar is fading as well. I cant live without it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fact that I have to write this review saddens me. I wanted to love Neostrata Smooting Lotion. I do well with AHAs, and I have tolerated 10% AHA on my chin before with little problem. But I think the addition of citric acid really makes this product bad. Citric acid, as I understand, is a form of lemon juice, and this really feels like you are putting lemon juice on your face. In the first week the stinging is bad. Then the stinging subsides, but I found I was constantly getting red marks/blotches from this product, due to irritation, and that scared the crap out of me. However, I do have rosacea and sensitive skin, so if you have very tough skin this might be worth it. I am still holding on to my bottle because it really helped fade some post acne marks, helped my acne, and maybe I'll be able to spot treat or use on a once a week basis. You definitely get your money's worth, it's a HUGE pump, for about twenty five bucks, but if you have sensitive skin, it's a risk. If you used this twice a day, per the instructions, you'd be fried.

UPDATE: Taking off a lippie, as I realize this product may have been responsible for some breakouts as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Apheo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Made my skin radiant and moisturize well. It has cleared my stubborn blackheads, making more face smoother. love it! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this product - it's changed my life, seriously. The old me would spend a fortune on hyped up beauty products; i tried everything. I've never had 'problem' skin, but i always felt it could look a little brighter, be a little smoother. My dermatologist put me onto this as an alternative to Vitamin a cream (which irritated my ever so slightly sensitive skin) and used in conjunction with cetaphil for oily skin, my skin has never been better.

A little goes a long way and be careful around the eye area. I only use it at night and i always use a sunscreen during the day. I had no problem adjusting to the use of this, but have used glycolic products before with no trouble. I find it reasonably priced ($35) considering how long it lasts - i only wish it came in a pump pack which would be slightly more hygienic (although packaging is pretty good).

Overall, the changes to my skin have all been for the better - it's clearer, it feels like silk, i don't get breakouts or redness, it's less irritated and i've gone from a little bit of T zone shine by the end of the day to none what so ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hills03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG of all products. Completely cleared my skin and friends. As an Esthetician I have tried practically everything to no avail. This works for me every time. I would recommend to everyone and do so daily. Works better than most high end spa brands. Love it forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by designerskyline

I bought this after someone working in the beauty department at Shoppers Drug Mart recommended it to me when I said I wanted to get rid of my uneven skin tone problem (especially around my mouth/chin). I used it twice a day, before applying makeup and after removing it at night. I would NOT recommend wearing it under makeup as it looks a bit glittery/shiny and made my makeup slide off. It has a burning sensation the first few times you use it but your skin gets used to it. I only really noticed a difference after about 3 weeks. My skin tone was a lot more even, it faded my acne scars, and my skin feels SO much smoother. I don't need to use as much concealer now. I only use it at night now as it's not good under makeup (made me break out.) After switching to only using it on bare skin at night, my acne has also cleared up a lot. Maybe it's the Bath & Body Works Tea Tree Oil Face Clearing wash, but whatever. They work well together. I will be trying Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector after this runs out. Oh, this also lasts a LONG time. I have about half the container left and I've been using it at least once a day for over a month now. You only need a little bit. :)
Overall, a good buy for $40.