Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

on 7/24/2013 7:37:00 AM

This is a very lightweight-feeling concealer which does cover quite well despite being quite a runny consistency. It has a lot of sparkle though, which I do find to be offputting especially when the concealer wears off leaving the sparkle behind.

I purchased 02 online which is way too pale for my NC10-15 skin (which is one of the reasons that I don't think I will be buying again). It is very pricy and although the next shade down is a better match (I swatched in Bloomingdales which is what I should have done in the first place) the annoying brush puts me off buying again. The brush is very thin and makes applying to large areas time consuming.

The finish is quite natural looking but because it dries fast it can tend to look patchy over large areas. I will update when I have tried it in more humid weather to see how it lasts, but I don't think this is a HG.

on 7/24/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It gave me a Rash. And it didnt cover very much.

on 7/11/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This concealer is fantastic for undereye brightening. With little light reflecting particles, it really brightens the undereye area without any noticeable shimmers. This concealer doesn't cake, crease or settle into fine lines at all and is so lightweight that you can't feel anything on your skin.

This only gives light coverage - if you have darker circles, then you'll have to use another fuller coverage concealer underneath to get rid of the darkness before illuminating.

The packaging is sleek and polished, but after a while, some of the product might seep out when you screw the cap shut. This is easily correctable by using tissue to wipe the tube, but it would be better if this wasn't a problem.

Overall, this is a fantastic product. A bit pricey - but worth it for those special occasions!

on 4/10/2013 5:50:00 AM

Amazing concealer. I went to the Armani counter at my Neiman's only intending to buy the Master Corrector for my dark circles (which I also LOVE as well) and the SA helping me tried the concealer on me over the corrector. First off, I have a hard time finding shades that suit my skintone when it comes to foundation and concealer. I am pale and yellow toned, shade 02 works great for me. I went straight to this from heavier creamy concealers like tarte's dark circle defense, laura mercier secret concealer and benefit boing. Not only were those concealers dry, heavy and cakey, they barely matched me. Horrifying.

My God, the difference! This, when used with the corrector and a bit of LM secret brightening powder to set: Total perfection. I can't get over how natural it looks! I don't look dry and cakey, I don't look overly made up, I just look like me, how I'm supposed to look, rather than a tired mess <3

I apply the corrector in shade 2 over my dark circles first, blending it in and letting it sit for a second. I then use the nose to cheek triangle method to apply to HPR concealer. Yes, I use a little more this way but I have another concealer that I use on a regular basis as well, and a second tube of this. The effect is outstanding. I look beautiful. I look like ME! Thank you, Armani! Aside from the fact that you put alcohol in your newest foundation, I love you and will continue to buy this concealer for as long as you make it. But mark my words, discontinuing this will absolutely ruin my life!

My only, ONLY complaints are: price and the fact that the tube is NOT transparent like it is with the corrector. I can't see how much I have left. Bummer there.

on 3/31/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wish this wasn't so damn awesome. I really wish the colour wasn't such a good match, that it didn't resist setting into the lines under my eyes, or provide such silky and easily blendable coverage. Why do I wish this wasn't so good?

The price is ridiculous and you get an eeny-weeny tube.

Having said that, a little goes a very, very, very long way. I use the product that comes up on the shaft of the wand and that's usually enough to take care of both eyes and any blemishes or redness on my face. I've been using this for at least 6 months and I think I still have a lot left.

The formula is a thickish liquid, and is very pigmented. I dab a little where I need it, pat out to cover, leave for 20 seconds or so and then gently blend with a fingertip. The texture is great, not drying under my eyes, but stays put on pimples and on a broken vein on my nose on a hot day.

Although I'll moan about the price, I'll be re-buying this.

on 3/15/2013 3:35:00 PM

Sorely disappointed in this! At first, I loved it - it's lightWeight but still covers well. However: after catching a glimpse of myself in datlight, I realized this is glittermania! At first, I thought my e/s was the culprit, since the glitter was so visible - it almost looked like fall-out! Can't believe I shelled out somuvh $$$$ for glitter. Expected better from Armani! Much prefer Lancome Effacernes and ELs DW concealer.

on 1/7/2013 3:20:00 PM

Honestly, after reading the reviews, I ran to SaksFifth to buy this bad boy. I think having my expectations so high is what makes me "eh" about this product. It's okay, but nothing extraordinaire. Save yourself the big bucks you have to fork over and invest in another concealer. Meanwhile, I'm back on the hunt.

After viewing a youtube review on this product, I learned the best way to use this concealer is by blending it in with your fingertips versus a brush or a sponge. I thought I'd try it out, and voilà! it blended in a whole lot better and offered a considerable amount of coverage than when I used a concealer brush. So although I do still stand by the product being over-priced, I did have to change my overall rating, and the product isn't as "eh" as I originally thought. :-)

on 11/21/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Well my favourite concealer is loeral true match concealer. but they don't have any colour, that matches my nc 30 skintone. so I had to look for another concealer.

So I found Armani high precision retouch and I must say, that it's quite good. I wish it would have more coverage and be less drying. nevertheless it's my second favourite concealer and the colour 3,5 matches my nc 30 skintone perfectly.Mix the colour of armani 3,5 and the consistency of loreal true match concealer and you have the HG concealer :-)

If I don't find a better concealer, I would buy this again, because the colour is perfect for me.

the packaging could be better. the concealer gets a bit messy after a couple of use.

on 11/13/2012 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This light weight conceal provides pretty good coverage and glides smooth on the skin. I mix a dark and light concealor for undereye area plus use this for cover any pigmentation on the cheekbones. Do not use this as a zit concealor – it'll break out my skin in acne prone areas. I use this sparingly over the eye and cheekbone areas. Does a great job and provides the right coverage.

on 11/13/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just got this product so I'm still road testing it, therefore this review is tentative.
I applied the GA Skin high precision this morning and I liked the smooth finish it gave me. (I have to be careful of concealers that don't blend properly or settle into the lines after application) I apply a bit of product on the back of my hand and then tap it under my eyes. It's easy to layer for more coverage.
Now after nearly 12 hours, it still looks great without fading or creasing. (a good undereye cream helps; I use BB Extra repair eye cream)
I'm hoping it will continue to work for me. My only gripe is the price tag and the small amount of product you get.
For reference, I'm a NC30/C3, Asian with light to medium skin tones and the #4 is the shade I use. The SA tried the 3.5 and it looked good too but the #4 looked more natural.
EDIT: I've been using this product for about a month now and I'm sold! This concealer is heavenly to apply and blends so well. Plus, no caking or creasing after a long day. (as mentioned previously, a good eye cream is essential as a base before applying any concealer)
There is a wee bit of shimmer but I don't mind and in fact, I rather like the effect. It gives me a nice youthful glow.
Now having raved about this product, if I find something that works just as well for less money, I'll get it. I still think the price tag is exorbitant.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Prolongwear vs Armani High Precision Concealer. WHICH IS YOURS? by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products