Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

I really wanted to love this! Gorgeous in the pan, but not quite right on me. I'm pretty fair, so even the tiniest bit too much and I ended up looking ridiculous. When I got the right amount on my lips and got it looking good... I found that this was too drying. :(

on 3/25/2010 5:39:00 PM

I love this color - it gives me a nice bright pink flush to my cheeks. I go pretty heavy with the blush sometimes since I love a 1920s look and this is perfect for that. I do have a hard time finding a balance between looking like a kewpie doll and looking like I'm not wearing blush at all with this, though.

It's super easy to apply, but the container is kind of hard to open and I often get my thumbs all in it when I open it. It stays on most of the day for me, which is nice! I like to pair it with a pale pink Stila powder blush (or it could be a highlighter - I forget) to set it.

on 2/18/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

No no no! I rushed to purchase this at Ulta, on the search for a favorite blush. This should have totally worked for me considering my coloring and my preference for all things non-coral, non-tan, non-brown, non-sparkly, etc. When first applied, I can definitely appreciate the "rubenesque" quality this has. However, if you put a light application of this on, it fades away and somehow gets completely lost on me to the point that it seems I have no blush on. So if I layer it again, then I'm left looking like a scary, heavy-handed clown. There is NO happy medium with this. And as far as using this on the lips? Fugghedaboutit. Horrible for the lips. Accentuates every flake, every flaw...and the color it transforms to on the lips is horrible. I may consider exchanging this to try Lillium, but I think I am generally just displeased with the product in general, especially considering the price. I'll be much happier with a great drugstore find cause when I pay less, it's easier to be impressed.

on 1/12/2010 8:03:00 AM

I really like this stuff. It's a nice texture, not too much sparkle or shine. Soft pretty color, better on cheeks than lips.

I have the small sample size, which is so much product! I'd way rather have the sample size than the full size. It will last forever. I only wish it had a tiny mirror in the compact. I'm not sure if the full size does.

I only wish it had a bit more staying power, but I don't set it with powder, because I prefer a more dewy finish. It's not too bad to reapply, just a quick swipe.

on 12/22/2009 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been looking for a lip/cheek stain for a while, and I hoped I'd found it in Stila Convertible Color in Poppy. Unfortunately, this product turns bright pink on me. I can't use it on my lips at all because it's so garish; it's definitely is not a natural look. I can make it work on my cheeks, if I tap *one* finger into the color *once* and then apply it. This can be enough color for both cheeks. Like others have said, this product should last me forever, but I'm disappointed with how bright it is.

on 12/16/2009 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, I had to hunt around to find it aswell, as Stila has been discontinued in the UK.
I was so excited to try it out and was really disapointed, as I had expected a red shade, but this instead turned a garish fushia on me. It is not what I had imagined at all, overall if I were to use it again then I would probably have to blend it with another product to achieve the results that I am after.
On the plus side, it is very pigmented, will last a long time and has very sweet, (if tricky to open) packaging.

on 12/6/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like the color it's very pretty and it looks very natural and i love the way it looks on my lips :D..The reason i gave it 4 stars is because the color fades sooo quickly it completely disappears on my skin within a few minutes which sucks cus its so pretty :(

on 11/27/2009 10:13:00 AM

This blush(when applied lightly) gives me a very pretty flush. Although there may be other products that give me a similar flush, this one beats them because it is long-lasting despite the small amount used.

The colour itself is pretty intimidating because it's so dark but what I do, is that i just use my middle finger to tap the product and warm it up using the same finger from my other hand and just apply it to my face. It seemed a bit too noticeable but I just used my evian spray to set my make up and it just made my face make up just nice. When I got back home, i was totally shocked to see that my blush was still on even if I spent 6 hours outside in the hot weather.

Even though it can be used on both cheek and lip, I only use it for the cheeks because it can be a tad drying.

The packaging is really nice because you there's already a mirror inside and the pattern on the cover of the product is really pretty. This is a definite buy again for me and has only prompted me to buy the other colours.

on 9/4/2009 10:19:00 PM

AMAZING. I love this product. The color definitely looks scary in the pan but it actually goes on pretty sheer (just don't put too much). I though for sure it would look way too dark on my skin (NW20-25) but it was perfect. It gives your cheeks the perfect flushed, "just went into the cold" look. Just dab a little on a makeup sponge, put it on your cheeks, and blend, blend, blend. It also doubles as a lip stain and gives your lips the cherry-bitten color. The price is a tad expensive but you only need a tiny amount for each application. This is definitely a must have in my makeup bag.

on 8/8/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's such a beautiful color and I love the dual use of this product. It's a really pretty red and it's not as dramatic as it looks. You can definitely put more on and get that desired color but I love to use it for just the hint of color. Definitely a great color for darker skin tones. Compared to other non powder blushes, the price for how much you get is a bit expensive but you do get a lot out of it and well worth it.

Popular Blush Products