October 31, 2014 | 1152 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Onyx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

2 coats = Shiny, blacked out, Long lasting color.
For reals , all you need is 2 coats

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

FAVORITE nail polish.. lasts for a long long time and the colour pigment is amazing. for anyone with a dark sense of fashion, this one is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by nailsf0rfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Typical black. I kind of feel that the more you use it, the more goopy and smelly it gets. I would only buy it again because I like to stick to one nail polish brand but if you're the type of person that doesn't care, I would just suggest finding a cheaper, better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bustedheadband

I never really thought black would look good on me. Not really sure why I thought that. Anyway, this black does. It's like a nice, creamy jet black. Very shiny. Doesn't make my nails look dull or dead.
I think two coats of polish and the application was smooth sailing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty basic colour, and it is very very pigmented black. On its own with two coats it looks amazing, although a little bit too black for everyday wear to the office (depending on where you work). The formula isn't streaky, it it goes on really smooth. Depending on how well you put on nail polish, it's obviously very unforgiving if you smudge on your cuticles, so I usually paint on one hand at a time.

I love using this colour as a base, and applying a top glittery colour. The black base really brings out the shimmer of any polish. For example, OPI's 2009 holiday shade Merry Midnight is a bit sheer on its own. Applying one coat of Black Onyx and Merry Midnight on the top, really REALLY highlights the amazing glitter that's in the polish. Using it as a black base really amplifies glitter/shimmer polishes. I've replaced this colour a few times, and I will continue to replace in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupartist77

Product it the perfect black! Lasts forever too! OPI is such a reliable product they never let me down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A fantastic shiny, seductive, and patent black polish that looks fantastic and opaque with 2 coats. (I find only one coat looks watery and weird). I have tried other black polish in the d/s and this is my HG for black polish. It dries relatively quickly and wears well with minimal chipping. Plus I find it is easier to remove then other black polishes I have tried. Definitely worth the extra cash (compared to d/s black polishes).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this black polish. I use Nutra Nail Bulletproof as a basecoat, then 2-3 coats of this (I LOVE OPI POLISHES), and then Creative Nail Design Super Shiney Topcoat... which makes it looks like glass!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by dabanaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this nail polish. I don't paint my nails that often, but when I want to look dressier or I'm just bored with my appearance, I'll put a coat or 2 of this on and I'm good for days. It doesn't chip that easily, especially if you don't use a topcoat I've found. I'll definitely buy again if I ever run out, because this stuff lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect creme black, nuff said. It goes almost opaque in one coat. Applies evenly, it is jet black and is just perfect. :)