October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by asianpryncess

I have sensitive skin that no matter what kind of foundation i put on my face I end up getting a rash or really oily skin afterwards and cannot wear makeup for a few days. I was referred to trying Base Miracle by the SA at shoppers and it works wonderfully. I love how my makeup blends easier, my face isnt oily, and the best thing of all I dont get any reaction to my foundation! Also I love the matte look. I dont have big pores so the pore minimizing doesnt really have much effect but it helped with the wrinkles i had. I have been able to wear makeup all week now...No breakouts either!!! I love this product...its a godsend for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by wham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have larger nose pores, and with this product they produce wayyy less oil throughout the day. The primer leaves my skin soft and powdery feeling after application. It blends well with my mineral foundation and like others have said, I use less blotting papers throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by blackout80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff! It felt kind of oily and weird the first time I used it but I've gotten over that. It leaves a lovely matte finish to my skin and really grabs my foundation. I find I use less blotting papers when I do my mid-day blot. I don' t think it minimizes my pores but I love what it does for my skin.

ETA: a couple of years later this is still my go-to primer. Nothing else I've tried is as good for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this after reading reviews at MUA. I have very oily, acne-prone skin that shines through everything. I'm always looking for that "miracle product." I read these reviews with a grain of salt as most primers/mattifiers that work for others don't seem to work for me. I bought Base Miracle at SDM for $31 (taxes in). It comes in a short, fat tube and the product itself is colourless and odourless. It feels like a gel, but dries to a silky, matte finish. You really do need just a tiny amount. I apply a thin layer to my forehead, eyelids, nose, chin and cheeks. It absorbs quickly, though I do give it 1-2 minutes to set, then I apply my powder foundation and my skin looks smoother and while my pores are not invisible, they are smaller. What I have noticed is that my face is not as shiny as normal. I can go hours without having to blot. This in itself makes Base Miracle a product I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by melzhoney

I love this primer , it feels like your not putting on anything , it's so light , and it helps hold make-up for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MissOleiane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best primer i've used (i've tried MAC, LG, SB and Boots so far). Smooth over face well and leaves skin really soft! Made my foundation application and blending way easier. Kept me matte (most important for me!) for hours and even when I did blot, i used less papers then usual. Makeup did not slid off my face mid-day or accumulate between my eyebrows. And it did not brake me out at all! I do think it's really expensive for such a small amount (28$ CAN for 25 ml) but it's worth it for me. Will repurchase when i run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

A very effective product for smoothing over larger pores and perfecting your canvas for the application of foundation and other makeup. The product is purely cosmetic and does not make therapeutic claims. Warning! Don't use it under silicon-full makeups like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and Cover Girl's True Blend...which will slide off your face if you do ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Aramisse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product mainly for its "Pore Minimizing" function. I can not tell I have seen a difference in my pores size and the product is too thick to serve as a primer. The best use that can be made is for controling the shine over makeup if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Andreagb

This primer goes on very smooth and leaves your skin feeling silky. I only apply it to my forehead and the bridge of my nose as that is where my skin tends to get oily. It lasts all day until I wash my face, and it helps mask the glare that I usually get on my forehead. The only thing is that you have to make sure your skin is well mosturized before applying or else your skin kinda flakes when you apply your bronzer or powder ontop. Overall it is one of the best primers I have used so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

There are undoubtedly many great makeup primers on the market today. Of the six makeup primers that I have used so far (Laura Geller, Lise Watier, Pür Minerals, Shiseido, Skinn, and Smashbox), Lise Watier’s Base Miracle is my favourite for frequent use. Shiseido’s The Makeup Pre- Makeup Cream is my favourite when I am hurried. And for minimal-to-no-makeup days, Skinn's Orchid Day Gel Primer wins hands down. The other three I can do without and will not repurchase simply because my three favourites are exceptional for the use I make of them and the other three are not.

Lise Watier Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer makes your skin look and feel miraculously smooth. And it does what every good makeup primer should do: minimize the appearance of pores (no primer makes your pores disappear); prep skin for makeup by smoothing its surface (exfoliating regularly will help a makeup primer do a better job); help makeup function better so less is needed (let the primer be absorbed for at least a few minutes before applying a minimal amount of foundation); and extend the wear of foundation by helping it adhere to the skin better (to finish, if needed, light-textured loose or pressed powder that contains no oil is best).

BASE MIRACLE’s non-greasy, lightweight, colourless formula reduces oil breakouts, allows skin to breathe while protecting it from pollution, provides a silky matte base for makeup application, and is packaged in a pretty, portable and hygienic tube. The thinnest possible layer is all that is needed and, seeing that it also lessens the amount of foundation needed, the 25 ml or .84 fl oz. you get for $27.50 (Canadian) is fairly economical. Number one in my book! continued >>