September 20, 2014 | 1174 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Basic Instinct

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I really liked this fragrance and thought it was different than all the other VS fragrances, which all seem a little bit similar to me. But of course they pulled it, just like they have done with other winners (Breathless, being one). I'm not a big Heavenly fan, unlike the rest of America apparently, so I was sad to see this one go. I would loosely compare it to Prada, but Prada is sweeter in my opinion. This is a sexy scent, a good evening perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 4:16:00 AM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply adore this one! The sexiest fragrance VS has ever made! It is dark and musky, very feminine... And it is not old-ladish at all (I am 21)!!! As altodiva mentioned, it is that kind of fragrance like NR For Her. So sad it has been discontinued :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by altodiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is, believe it or not, what SJP Lovely and Narciso Rodriguez should have been. They are all similar in character, although BI definitely packs more of a punch. BI also has a port wine note (subtle, though) in the top that burns off quickly. The heart is a fabulous bold musk with the tiniest hint of a vague sort of fruit--grape?--in the far, far back. The best scent VS has ever done, hands down. Sadly pulled for now, but I hear it'll be back for the holidays. Let's hope. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by tweettweet

horriably strong
looks like they are pulling it anyways

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I too like this one very much - FOR ITS TOP NOTES..... for the first hour, I thought I had found a winner! The drydown was dissapointing however. It seemed to morph into something kindo ordinary and non-descript.

The patchouli won the 3 lippies - the drydown cost it the other 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls1982

dispite other reviews, i love this one..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by swedishmilk

My sister gave me a bottle of this. She is 16 and didn't like it much, she said it stank. But with my chemistry I like this. On me it smells like a much stronger version of Love's Baby Soft. Very floral topnotes, vanilla midnotes, and musky bottom notes. I think it's a lovely departure from other VS scents (although I like many of their others as well!) I wouldn't buy a bottle but I will wear what I have left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by catwoman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this-it's very patchouli-ish.I think you really have to like that to enjoy this fragrance.I find it to be a very sexy scent-but probably too strong for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by intigra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It really must be dependent on body chemistry. I absolutely love this fragrance. I first tried it in the collection of minis from last Christmas. My fiance loved it so much he bought me the full size. If your man loves wine like mine does, you should really try a sample if you can.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GROSS!!! I got this as a free sample, and I was disappointed! Wayyyy to "mature" for me--I think the smell is completely wrong for the advertisements they used...or the other way around. I imagined sexy and flirty, instead it's more like an old lady...sooooo overpowering and chemical~