December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Blush - Scott Barnes - Chic Palette in Samba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by libralibra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW, WOW, WOW, and another Wow! This truly is an an amazing blush. This gives the perfect shades of peachy/pinks. The look is not heavy; instead your skin glows. It actually gives the illusion of your skin glowing from within: Amazing!. You can do so many things with this blush. I like to first swipe the lightest shade across my cheekbones, then dab the brush first into the middle shade then dab it again into the peach then apply it on. Honestly, this should takeover Orgasm's title as the premiere blush. I dare say these are as good as the Armani's blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 5:57:00 AM More reviews by therese108

If you're having trouble letting go of your NARS Orgasm, Samba will get you over the hump. In the battle between the peach blushes, Samba wins by a knockout! Orgasm had the right idea: a shimmery apricot to mimic that oh-so-elusive "falling in love" glow. But it was so poorly pigmented I had to brush loads on just to get the effect I wanted... an effect you can get with ONE swipe of Samba. This palette is genius. The middle pan has the shimmery Orgasm shade, but beware: this is a whole lot more pigmented and meant for contouring your cheek hollows. The left pan has a matte apricot meant for the cheek apples. The right pan has a pearly light tangerine to highlight your cheekbones. Most days I skip the whole contouring bit (I'm hollow enough, thanks) and just run my brush over all 3 blushes. One loaded cheek brush is enough to make my face glow through 8 hours of work plus 4 more hours spent playing with my daughter. More power to my makeup guru forever, Scott Barnes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sunmaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't add much more than has already been said - this is beautiful! I've only tried it with the three shades together, because really you have three shades there perfectly arranged to complement each other - so why not use them all? I us GlowFan's method - sucky fish face to put the darker color in the hollows, lightest shade on top of cheekbones, and then smile for the medium shade on the apples of the cheeks and voilą perfect cheeks (maybe with a little blending). This looks like how I wish I looked while flushed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bluflax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dear, Samba, how could I have neglected you so??? I purchased this when it first came out and I cannot believe I have been so thoughtless as to not write a review of my all time favorite blush. This is the most beautiful coral/peach blush trio ever created, imho. Highly pigmented so I need to apply lightly. I never thought I could wear this color, but it is absolutely flattering and brightens up my whole face. It's one of those m/u items that you can just wear alone with a little lip gloss or stick and look alive, refreshed and prettied up. I also bought Honey and Posh at the same time and have since swapped them away. Samba trumped them all! I recommend this to everyone. I'm a pale, sallow, LLL, NC 20/GA 4.5-5, brunette. Try it out, it just might become your HG blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush I use mostly on my natural/neutral days as it goes with my skin tone beautifully (MAC NC 25/ScB Beyond Beige). I use this also when I'm going with more dramatic eyes. This would be beautiful on those with a more tanned complexion as well...overall, gorgeous and a great blush to start more ScB lemmings!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by make_me_over

My HG of blushes. You can use the three colours seperately to contour/shade/highlight, or blend them into different intensities of peachy-pink. I wore this all winter to give my skin a lift. I'm a MAC NW20, so I use the darkest colour the least of all three, but I still love it. The packaging is very high quality, and I echo the sentiments of the previous posters who pointed out the economy of getting three blushes for $45. An absolute re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this palette! Out of my entire stash, this might be the best all around product I own! Very high quality in it's packaging and formula, highly pigmented and clear color pay off. It's versatility is astounding, I use any of the three alone, or also blend them all together. I recommend the use of a skunk brush and light application on anyone LLL or lighter. These corally peachy pink shades are fabulous against my neutral FFF skin and last all day. These are better than NARS blushes imo, and with 3 blishes in a palette at $45, a better deal too. I was lucky enough to swap for this, do what you can to get it girls, it's that good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers...this is STUNNING blush! I normally don't like powder blush, but this Chic Palette has an almost creamy look to it once its applied. I have oily, break-out-prone skin, & this doesn't cause any problems, & lasts all day on my face. Samba is the most gorgeous trio of colors in the pinky/peach category. I tap my blush brush in all three, & it is just the prettiest color. It gives my skin that sunkissed summer GLOW (love that!) I also think the price is reasonable for the amount of blush you get (basically 3 full sized blush for $45.00). This is a definite repurchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by luckyredlisa

GORGEOUS!! I had held off on buying this palette because the colors looked so orange on-line. Once I saw it in person I knew I had to have it! I also have Honey and Posh, but this is by far my favorite. Honey is great, but not quite right in winter. Posh comes up chalky and too pink. Samba is perfection, doesn't come up orange on me at all. I just get a perfect natural pink glow. I love that I can get many different, and always flattering, looks out of this one compact. Definitely one of my best make-up purchases as of late. Don't let the on-line colors scare you! For reference, I'm currently wearing Becca in Toast- I'd say I'm an olive-y toned MMM.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little worried that this color could be "too much" on my olive skin but it is just perfect, the perfect color, the perfect glow. Color shows enough but still manages to look natural, it is an incredible finish that lasts for several hours. It's become my favorite daytime blush, when applied all three colors together with a big brush. I agree with other reviews that wearing each color alone might require better make up application skills or might be better for night time.