October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by isabellaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it works slow.
it smell like a cajuput oil.
i hate the packaging. i always spoil my oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Samanthamonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tea tree oil saved my life, I swear! I went through a REALLY bad break out recently & during this breakout I had 2 massive under the skin pimples that just wouldn't go away. I had had these pimples for 10 days and they were going no where. I applied tea tree oil on them 3 times within 24 hours & they had reduced the pimples significantly. I am so pleased with this product especially since you can wear it under your makeup without anyone the wiser. Totally recommend it for anyone with under the skin acne like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I love this stuff! I've been using this tea tree oil for almost a year. I used to spot treat my acne with benzoyl peroxide but it was too drying and irritated my skin. This oil is a gentler option and even better than BP. I dab the oil on my acne after I put on my night moisturizer. I usually stock up when The Body Shop is having their 40% off sale. For on the surface acne if you catch them early enough and dab this on,the acne will be completely gone the next day. But if you're like me and get those nasty cystic acne,it'll take longer time to get rid of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this product, judging by the price-size ratio. I wanted to love it, but I didn't see any effects at all. It didn't break me out, but it didn't help my already present acne either. I expected at least a little bit of a tingly feeling to indicate that it was working, but that didn't happen either. At most it smells kind of nice.

The packaging was super irritating too! I couldn't get any of the oil out at all, and had to resort to prying off the spout! After I used a fair amount of the product though, and there was enough air in the bottle to allow for the oil to flow out of the spout, the experience got a little better, but I still have to angle it perfecting or else nothing comes out..

Definitely not purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The tea tree oil is actually very good. I bought it and it was pretty expensive but I live in Canada so everything is more expensive then the states, I used it on a white head and within 2-3 days it was gone.. It stings at first but after it feels very fresh, it opens your sinuses so I would recommend using during a cold. The smell is nice. Overall I recommend this product for anyone with a lot of acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by flicklick

All these while, my forehead has been rough with tiny dots here and there and blemishes whenever I have my period but recently there was acne bumps everywhere! and trust me, it's frightening because I have never gotten any acne in my life. Hence, I first purchased a spot treatment cream from Skin Food and after applying it for 2 months (consistently!) or so, the acne does not only get worsen but getting more coming!! I threw that away and decided to try Tea Tree Oil from Body Shop, as you guys know, Tea Tree Oil is popularly known for killing bacteria and cure acne! And guess what, I applied it on day 1, and that night itself, my ugly bumpy zits started to shrink! Seriously, how effective can that be? From then on, I apply it daily and after using it for one week, my acne all gone! However I gave it 4.5 out of 5 because although it does clear out the acne well, but it does not cure the acne scars instead? I need to get another product to clear the acne scars. The smell is strong yes, but i think i am able to handle it because I personally love smell of herbs. The packaging is small and easy to carry, and the cap is pretty much secured. However I prefer if they would have the dropper, it will be more hygienic. First application will sting a little but hey, that means it is doing its job in killing the bacteria right.In terms of price, it is quite reasonable compared to other expensive cream/gel whatever outside there. Overall, it is effective and it is proven! (in my case at least :D) therefore i will definitely purchase it again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xsharmine

I bought the tea tree oil while it was on sale for half price. Originally retailing at SGD18.90. I was excited to try it out since there were lots of HG rave reviews about this oil. However..... It has disappointed me greatly. This thing DOES NOT WORK on me AT ALL! I started using the tea tree facial foam together on the same day as when I first applied this. I applied the oil after cleansing + toning & before I sleep. I applied it on my spot acne blemishes & was expecting some wow results the next morning but nothing happened?! My zit continued to grow & the puss was almost coming out. Wasn't this oil supposed to dry out or heal the zit? So I gave the oil another chance & I decided not to burst the zit since its unhygienic, so I applied the oil again & the next day nothin happened again so I resorted to bursting it. Now I have an ugly scar. Applied the oil on the scar hoping it'll somewhat reduce its appearance but once again it didn't work. It's a waste of money. Maybe this oil just doesnt work for me. :'( PROS: - didn't cause break outs - smells nice CONS: - didn't work for me - didnt heal my acne - didn't heal my scars - difficult application OVERALL: it sucks & I will never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just finished my bottle and it is now the beginning of June. I bought mine at the end of January and considering how much I used this, I think it lasted a good while for how much I paid for it. Spot acne treatments have never really worked well for me, so I wanted to give this a try instead. Yes, the smell overwhelmed me at first, but with severe acne (I always have a breakout), I am willing to overcome everything. I applied this over all sorts of acne: whiteheads, cysts, you name it; additionally, I applied it EVERYWHERE on my body. I have acne on my chest, my back, and yes, even my butt. I even applied this on razor bumps when I got them and it took care of them really quickly. In fact, it took care of everything really quickly. I'm just so impressed with this product and it really has me looking into the rest of the line or any other products with tea tree oil as the main ingredient. I'm thrilled I found something that worked for me when nothing else did. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Anjali1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because it had good reviews in general and I was looking for a cheaper alternative to high-end acne treatments like Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion. Now, let's talk specifics:

First of all, and most importantly, this is NOT 100% tea tree oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia). It's a mixture of alcohol, melaleuca oil, citrus tea tree oil, vitamin E and some other PEG-based chemicals. Personally, I'm okay with this formula, but it feels to me that the packaging and product name are quite deceiving, since it's only 15% tea tree oil. The low concentration could also reduce its acne efficiency.

On my skin, I feel that it helped a bit with the really tiny acne bumps, but it did nothing for my larger pimples. I've been applying the oil twice a day on clean skin for a week now, and it has had no effect whatsoever, I have three large zits on the side of my face that haven't gone anywhere. They haven't even "matured" so I could pop them, they're just there and not going anywhere, which is very frustrating.
The smell is nice, it's very strong and it takes a while to get used to, but it's grown on me recently, it smells very herbal. The sensation on the skin is also pleasant, very cooling and a bit tingly.

The packaging is a bit unpractical. There's either no product coming out whatsoever, which is frustrating, either too much spilling on your fingers, which is again annoying. They should have included a pipette or a dispenser of some sort. As for the price, I feel this product is veeery overpriced for what it does. I've randomly researched about tea tree oil on the internet and found out you can purchase larger amounts of pure (!) tea tree oil for half (!) the price of this one.

Overall, I will not repurchase this product, unless it magically starts working for my acne. I'll be looking into pure tea tree oil instead, which is both cheaper and likely to be more effective.