November 28, 2014 | 1878 users online

Toners - Eskinol - Naturals - Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by daisyu7

I live in London, England but I grew up in the Philippines where Eskinol is quite popular as a facial cleanser. I've never seen a common drugstore or supermarkets here that sell Eskinol so I'd always buy some whenever we visit the Philippines. I think it's like 300pesos per bottle on average; it really depends on which one you buy.
I love this product because it really does cleanse your face. I use this once a day and because of it, I don't get spots on my face and my skin always feels softer after I apply it on my face and neck.
I've tried most products they have in the facial cleanser range. I love the smell of papaya and avocado ones;). The ones that have fruit/veg. extracts on them do smell really pleasant as well so it doesn't put me off.
My favourite product from them is actually the one with 'grains' in the solution because it exfoliates my skin too. Honestly, it doesn't smell but out of all the range, this probably has the most unpleasant scent. It never bothers me though :) It is also known to whiten the skin if u guys are into that. Whenever I'd apply it, I used to concentrate on my face rather than the neck so after a while, my face seemed slightly whiter than the rest of my body lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

My mom used this as a teen in the Philippines and she introduced it to me when I was a teenager as well. I bet when I have kids I'll be introducing this to my future daughter as well. I actually picked some up yesterday as I ran out of my HG toner (Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion) and needed a quick fix. I usually use this toner during the summer months as that is when my skin is at its oiliest. This toner is great for oily skin or normal/oily combo skin. It gets all the grime and oil off your face. It definitely lightens any dark spots you may have with continued use. My favorite one is the papaya, but I also sometimes buy the avocado, cucumber or calamansi varieties. I tend to stay away from the lemon one as it seems to me that it has the highest alcohol content and is the most drying on my skin. This is a great find if you have an Asian store near you. It's cheap and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ejayy4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. It really does help get rid of the excess dirt/oil from your face. I can't live without it. My mom introduced this product to me when I was in high school and I thank her for telling me to try it. I find this wayyy better than Witch Hazel. From my experience the witch hazel doesn't get rid of all the dirt/oil compare to the eskinol. The Lemon eskinol is my absolute favorite, it helps lighten acne scars too! Thank you Eskinol company!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by adv22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this product since I was about 14, I am now 19. I can't live without it! I use it every night to clean my face before I go to bed. You would be amazed at all the dirt and oil it removes! It has also help control my acne. I have tried every single flavor except the papaya one (not a big fan of it!) But all were fairly well but I would have to say that the lemon works the best. However, I think the lemon is sometimes a little too harsh on my skin so I either stick with the avocado or the cucumber one. But it doesn't really matter because this product will still really really really help your acne and your face in general. It is refreshing and cool after. I would recommend this asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by mjaanee

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by oopinkishoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I got confused by the 'Cleanser' written on it at first and didn't know how to use it but ever since I figured it out; I've been loving it. It works wonders. It stings a bit at first but it's a good feeling; a tingly sensation. Cooling and refreshing. And it controls shine amazingly. PLUS, you'll notice a bit of a glow on your face arfterwards. I know the difference on days I don't use it.
I'll buy again, of course!! <3

PS: I have the Calamansi one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by drifling

I am half-white, half-filipino and I inherited very oily and acne-prone skin from my filipino side. I've been using this product for over half a year now, and I honestly can't live without it.

The kind I have is for oily skin and it treats pimples. It burns just a little bit, but afterward my skin feels very cool and refreshed. It has improved my skin significantly- less breakouts and less oil/shine!

I use this after I use a cleanser. After my face is dry, I apply eskinol with a cotton pad. It removes whatever makeup the cleanser didn't get. Also, it doesn't over-dry my skin (like the way clean and clear toner does) but I do put on moisturizer just in case.

I would recommend this for those with oily skin... this probably isn't for you if you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this toner for soo many years. it helps control my oily skin especially during summer days. i would say it has a very strong alcohol smell, but it does remove all dirt and makeup... and closes the pores. however, i recommend to use a very good moisturizer after since it can be drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by booyaga

I bought the lemon one after reading such good reviews. I agree that it does a very good job removing dirt and oils, however it contains alcohol. My skin breaks out easily w/ products with alcohol in them. But after reading the reviews again I will give this product another chance. I will change the rating once I come to a conclusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by freelunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year now and all I can say is that it definitely has helped control my acne. I use the lemon Facial cleanser and it definitely picks up a lot of the excess dirt and oils that I couldn't wash off with my regular face wash. I actually started using this when I ran out of my favorite toner that is only available in the Philippines (Dr. Monina Macam's acne regimen products). I have VERY sensitive skin so I was nervous about trying drug-store brand toners/astringents. One day, I just happened to go to an Asian grocery store and saw that they were selling Eskinol. Tried it out and haven't had irritations since. It's also helped to fade my acne scars on my cheeks.

And a thing to add, the old toner I used before was also lemon based and I'm pretty much convinced that anything that has lemon in it helps to really improve the skin. I have had acne since I was 13, I'm now about to turn 24 and have tried a whole bunch of crap. This stuff works better than that stupid Proactiv toner or whatever else they're selling on tv. Now I'm not saying it will eliminate acne all together, but it really really does help. I would NEVER write a review about a product if I didn't fully believe in it. Plus it is really inexpensive!