September 23, 2014 | 1523 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Color Surge Duo in Strawberry Fudge

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love the plummy bronze brown that comes in this duo. It reminds me of MAC Bronze in the pan but swatched it is much warmer and has a plum tinge. It swatches well - very pigmented, smooth and almost buttery. Great quality.

The pink, to me, isn't very exciting or pigmented. If only I could figure out how to depot the brown... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a freebie too and I really liked it for a creating a neutral minimalist eye with a touch of shimmer. With my medium somewhat olive coloring the shades don't stand out too much but the pink really brightens my eye area and highlights under my brow with a soft gold sheen and the brown contours very well. The colors stay true on my lids and don't smear or crease with wear. I like to combine the pink as a highlighter with other colors especially deep green. I got the pink in another freebie set this time around with a different matte brown and a beige highlighter and it works well with those too. I might buy, but since they're so basic and I tend to actually purchase out there colors I said no. Can't comment on the packaging because the freebie set is different but it's still totally fine, a little compact that never broke.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a good color combination for my fair, pale skin. This makes me look like I have been crying and ill. The lighter shade is a strawberry pink with shimmer. Darker tone is a like a red bronze shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tubbyloves

This is my go-to eyeshadow duo! I love pink shadows and this colour is perfect for my everyday look.
It's neutral and adds subtle colour to the lids. The pink is a perfect pearly warm peach pink with fine-milled gold shimmers. It is paired with a perfect warm golden/peach brown that adds warmth to the eyes!
I love this duo and I will re-purchase it!
Dupe for Mac All that Glitters except this is a little more pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Perthgirl

LOVE this duo, I've been using it for about 5 years and it's a great no-brainer, go-to shade duo especially good for work. Both shades are nicely pigmented with a gold undertone and a barely there shimmer, the consistency is soft and I've never had a problem with blending them out. I've gone through a few sets and always run out of the pink shade before the brown - a little goes a long way with the latter.

I would say one thing - personally I prefer using these without a primer, the colours are much nicer and natural, as they tend to be brassy and horrible overtop of primer. Even without a primer I find the staying power of the colours is good. With my yellow undertone pale skin and dark hair, this duo suits me perfectly, I don't have to think about what other colours to blend with them etc.

Here in Australia Clinique can be a bit pricey - this duo retails around $40 AUD in the shops, which I don't believe is good value for money. I bought my first set in the US at around $18 USD which is great and in my mind more price appropriate. Nowadays I buy from duty free whilst travelling or from discount online makeup retailers when I need to replace my stocks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful duo and it is very pigmented. The pink has too much glitter in it and makes my eyes look puffy and tired. I really have to blend the pink with other shadows to tone it down. I will not be repurchasing this although I can't see it running out anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About this duo: It has a beautiful goldish, pink color and a beautiful, shimmery bronze color.
My review: An absolute must have for me! This duo is always a go-to for me because it looks great any time of year! I love it in the Spring/Summer as well as in the Fall/Winter. It looks great with my coloring which is dark hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. I think it would look good on any skin tone/hair coloring, though, because it is very versatile. I have the Holiday set from last season which has the Strawberry Fudge duo plus a darker brown color, plus the Clinique blush in New Clover, and I wear them all the time! For Spring/Summer I wear it the same as for Fall/Winter, which is by putting the goldy-pink color underneath my brow bone and the pretty bronze color on my lid and up into my crease. However, sometimes for more drama, in the Fall/Winter I will put the darker brown color that came with my set along my lash line and in the crease..in a > shape, after I put on the goldy-pink and bronze colors. This duo is great because it gives a pretty, feminine look without being too made-up or dramatic, although you can definitely get a more dramatic look from it by adding a darker brown like I have discussed. A very pretty day-to-day eyeshadow duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

love the color, it's very sunny. golden-pink, with a little pinkish brown in case you want more drama. the best part is the brush! what an excellent idea to put an actaul brush on one end instead of another spong-tipped applicator! nicenice quality!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was able to select a duo from several Clinique eye shadows. This one looked unique in coloring. I wasn't sure how it would look on my skin tone because some of the red/purple colors can appear as if they were bruises rather than eye shadow-LOL! This one, due to the bit of gold in the colors, was kind to my warm ivory skin tone and green eyes. In fact, one day when I had worn this combo, a co-worker asked me if I was wearing one of my Chanel duos that day. I had a good laugh about that. But, hey, Clinique is always, in my book, an excellent value. They do extensive testing for sensitivities.Their price is beyond fair. Come on now, where can you get a beautifully colored lipstick, gloss, chubby stic? (Don't you love that name?) for between $14 and $15. Also they give you goodies when you buy things. I don't need to see CC or Dior or YSL on my compact. I need to see dollars in my wallet and beautiful colors on my face.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

Well, I came across a mini one of these, that I had recieved as part of a free gift promotion, in my makeup box, that I had obviously forgotten about! Well, I LOVE IT! I love the pinky shimmer to it, and use this in the daytime when I wasnt a low key look. My issue is that I wish the amounts of the pink and brown were even, and not skewed!!!! Other than that, i WILL be buying the full sized one as the colours are super flattering, super blendable and super gorgeous :D x