October 20, 2014 | 1907 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this shampoo, it is a lifesaver. Since the weather changed, my scalp has been so flaky! I have never had dandruff before in my life, so I was desperate to get something to help control it. My scalp was also extremely itchy, which of course contributed to snow falling from my head. This shampoo + conditioner completely solved all my problems, I use it every other day, and it is just perfect. Perhaps a little drying, but tbh, I haven't found anything else that works to control my flakes and itchiness as well as this does. I tried switching to another shampoo for moisture, and my scalp went right back to being a mess, but this once again saved the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only person that doesn't get that tingly feeling on the scalp when using this? I really wanted to get that invigorating feeling but didn't get it. I must have thick skin on my scalp or something.
anyway, moving on... This shampoo cleans very well. It might leave you hair feeling stripped if you were to use it everyday but if you have an oily scalp or problematic scalp then maybe it'll be okay to use often.
Im just not crazy about it for any specific reason and I do prefer more moisturizing shampoos so I won't be buying this again. i just wanted to give it try.
I would give it 3.5 if I could but couldn't so just rated it 3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this shampoo, but ONLY as a once a week clarifying shampoo. My scalp and hair are dry and parched, and PM's Tea Tree shampoo does a great job of not only cleaning up and treating my scalp (tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic) but also removing any product buildup I may have. I took a lippy off because it's much too drying for consistent use but as a clarifying shampoo I'd give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product off and on for years and it never fails to impress me! I love it. The one product in this line that I always have around and use almost every day is the Tea Tree Conditioner. I use this conditioner to shave with. It gives me the nicest, closest shave without any redness or irritation, and leaves my skin feeling so soft and ready for whatever moisturizer or treatment I decide to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: Yikes. You don't get alot of product for $10-$11. But the bottle should last a while if you don't use it every day, and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, considering how strong it is. At least I don't use it every day. Maybe 2 times a week at most.
Packaging: Cute little deep green bottle with cute font. It's just... small and cute in my shower. If you can't tell, I think it's cute. ^^ The cap can be a teeny bit of a struggle with wet hands, but it's nothing worth whining over. Paul Mitchell's packaging never fails to impress me in some way or another.
Consistency: It's actually a little thick for a shampoo, and it's a REALLY pretty opaque aqua green-ish kinda color. I <3 it.
Scent: One word: PEPPERMINT. Peppermint is around the 4th or 5th ingredient on the list. It's a ridiculously powerful minty fragrance that does an excellent job of waking you right up in the morning. It's absolutely lovely. It might be too strong for some, so for those who can't stand minty smells, run far, far away from this.
Ingredients: There's sulfates in it, but I just don't care. I only use it about twice a week, and it works too well for me to be bothered by that. Tea tree oil and peppermint are really high on the list, and there's a bunch of other goodies in there too.
Performance: It's wonderfully tingly, refreshing, and invigorating. It lathers really well, cleans my hair superbly without stripping, and is even helping to diminish a weird recurring dandruff spot by my hairline.
Overall: I absolutely love using this shampoo. I makes the mornings that I get to use it all the more enjoyable. I originally bought it to help with my spot of dandruff, and while it actually is visibly getting rid of it, I'll continue to repurchase this awesome product when I'm through with the bottle. It's refreshing, fun to use, and makes my hair clean and shiny. Way to go, Paul. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Paulabm77

I can't live without this shampoo. It cleans my hair and scalp like no other commercial shampoo does. It smells great and feels great from the moment it touches your hair. I wish it were sold in more places cause at times it's hard to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made hair shiny, has nice tingle and smells great! It's a little drying though. sadly i will not repurchase because its too expensive D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I LOVE this stuff. I have always had dandruff, and in the past, Head and Shoulders a few times a week did the trick. But the past year or so, it's gotten a lot worse - more flakes than ever, super itchy and bleeding scalp from itching. I tried everything including T-Gel and all-natural shampoos from health food stores, and nothing seemed to be working. Or, they would for a while, and after a few weeks, the flakes would come back. My mom finally told me about this line after hearing about it at her salon, and I ran to Ulta as soon as I could to pick it up.

I could immediately feel the difference. It tingles in the shower, and afterward, my hair felt really clean and healthy, and my scalp felt better than it had in a long time. I've now used this product for about two months now, and I'm a believer. I love both the shampoo and conditioner, and while the price isn't cheap, it's worth it for me.

The only con, for me, is the packaging. For a more upscale product, I wish it were a little more high quality. My bottles have cracked in a few places. But, if that's the only con, I don't care!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xSunx

This is one of my most favorite shampoos in the world! I loved it since the first time I used it! This product makes you feel refreshed and smells minty and clean. The tingly sensation on your scalp feels soothing and the minty smell floats around you. I <3 this!~

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by kokosboll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just started using this shampo and conditioner about 2 weeks ago by recommendation from my hairdresser. My scalp has been acting wierd latley, lots of flaky dryness and maybe dandruff and she said this would help.
So far I can see a difference. Definitly less flakiness, and my hair looks healthier over all.

My hairdresser gave me a lesson on how to use the products, and she told me to use just very small amount of shampo (about a nickel) and even less conditioner (like a pea), also to shampo twice and really massage it into the scalp. Anyone get the same advice?