August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product off and on for years and it never fails to impress me! I love it. The one product in this line that I always have around and use almost every day is the Tea Tree Conditioner. I use this conditioner to shave with. It gives me the nicest, closest shave without any redness or irritation, and leaves my skin feeling so soft and ready for whatever moisturizer or treatment I decide to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: Yikes. You don't get alot of product for $10-$11. But the bottle should last a while if you don't use it every day, and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, considering how strong it is. At least I don't use it every day. Maybe 2 times a week at most.
Packaging: Cute little deep green bottle with cute font. It's just... small and cute in my shower. If you can't tell, I think it's cute. ^^ The cap can be a teeny bit of a struggle with wet hands, but it's nothing worth whining over. Paul Mitchell's packaging never fails to impress me in some way or another.
Consistency: It's actually a little thick for a shampoo, and it's a REALLY pretty opaque aqua green-ish kinda color. I <3 it.
Scent: One word: PEPPERMINT. Peppermint is around the 4th or 5th ingredient on the list. It's a ridiculously powerful minty fragrance that does an excellent job of waking you right up in the morning. It's absolutely lovely. It might be too strong for some, so for those who can't stand minty smells, run far, far away from this.
Ingredients: There's sulfates in it, but I just don't care. I only use it about twice a week, and it works too well for me to be bothered by that. Tea tree oil and peppermint are really high on the list, and there's a bunch of other goodies in there too.
Performance: It's wonderfully tingly, refreshing, and invigorating. It lathers really well, cleans my hair superbly without stripping, and is even helping to diminish a weird recurring dandruff spot by my hairline.
Overall: I absolutely love using this shampoo. I makes the mornings that I get to use it all the more enjoyable. I originally bought it to help with my spot of dandruff, and while it actually is visibly getting rid of it, I'll continue to repurchase this awesome product when I'm through with the bottle. It's refreshing, fun to use, and makes my hair clean and shiny. Way to go, Paul. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Paulabm77

I can't live without this shampoo. It cleans my hair and scalp like no other commercial shampoo does. It smells great and feels great from the moment it touches your hair. I wish it were sold in more places cause at times it's hard to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made hair shiny, has nice tingle and smells great! It's a little drying though. sadly i will not repurchase because its too expensive D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I LOVE this stuff. I have always had dandruff, and in the past, Head and Shoulders a few times a week did the trick. But the past year or so, it's gotten a lot worse - more flakes than ever, super itchy and bleeding scalp from itching. I tried everything including T-Gel and all-natural shampoos from health food stores, and nothing seemed to be working. Or, they would for a while, and after a few weeks, the flakes would come back. My mom finally told me about this line after hearing about it at her salon, and I ran to Ulta as soon as I could to pick it up.

I could immediately feel the difference. It tingles in the shower, and afterward, my hair felt really clean and healthy, and my scalp felt better than it had in a long time. I've now used this product for about two months now, and I'm a believer. I love both the shampoo and conditioner, and while the price isn't cheap, it's worth it for me.

The only con, for me, is the packaging. For a more upscale product, I wish it were a little more high quality. My bottles have cracked in a few places. But, if that's the only con, I don't care!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xSunx

This is one of my most favorite shampoos in the world! I loved it since the first time I used it! This product makes you feel refreshed and smells minty and clean. The tingly sensation on your scalp feels soothing and the minty smell floats around you. I <3 this!~

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by kokosboll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just started using this shampo and conditioner about 2 weeks ago by recommendation from my hairdresser. My scalp has been acting wierd latley, lots of flaky dryness and maybe dandruff and she said this would help.
So far I can see a difference. Definitly less flakiness, and my hair looks healthier over all.

My hairdresser gave me a lesson on how to use the products, and she told me to use just very small amount of shampo (about a nickel) and even less conditioner (like a pea), also to shampo twice and really massage it into the scalp. Anyone get the same advice?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was a little girl, I use to use a peppermint shampoo for my oily hair. I cannot find it anymore, but the Tea Tree from Paul Mitchell seemed like a close bet. My hair is less oily then when I was younger, but I like to get two days out of a hair wash. I was hoping this would keep my hair clean longer. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help with it at all. It cleanses my hair, but I feel like my hair stays cleaner the next day when I use Frederic Fekkai's Glossing shampoo. My favorite thing about it is the invigorating mint smell. In conclusion, I like it for a regular shampoo, but it does not give spectacular results. I would repurchase it every once in awhile because I love the minty scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used the shampoo and conditioner when I was at my boyfriend's house last week. I like it, but it's a little too strong for me.

The scent is great, but a little overpowering in the shower. I prefer products to be mroe lightly scented. Same experience with the tingling-it was nice, but too much for me.

I was slightly disappointed by the way my hair felt too. It was soft, shiny, but a little greasy and weighed down.

But it's perfect for my boyfriend. His hair isn't as oily as mine though, so I guess that's why it works so well for him. His scalp can be very dry and itchy too, and this made a big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by catlover22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love this shampoo! It has a nice minty scent that really wakes you up in the morning =)

Kinda pricey, but every now and then there's a special =)