LUSH T'eo Deodorant

2.9

Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca), Blue Wax (Specerit Blue C), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Magnesium Carbonate, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Juniper Berry Oil (Juniperus communis), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera), Blue Cornflower Petals (Centaurea cyanus), *Citral, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume} *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Loved the smell of this and was excited to try a new kind of deodorant, since I never seem to be happy with anything. Well, this doesn't work, it falls apart easily and it does indeed, as other reviewers have noted, irritate your skin. I even tried not shaving under my arms one day and it still stung when I applied this. I didn't even think that skin would ever get irritated, after all I put it through. Luckily, I have found L'Occitane deodorant, which smells similar, and works wonderfully with no irritation!

on 2/16/2007 8:40:00 AM

Poor LUSH, they just can't seem to get packaging right. This powdery bar comes with a wax base to "hold on to" when applying but it falls of quite easily. As for the deodorant itself - WOW. It smells tea tree oil and limey freshness (like T for Toes), clean without being perfumey and I find it lasts most of the day. By the end of the day, the tea tree scent is faint but no B.O. either. I'm pretty sure the SA said there was baking soda in here to help absorb and remove odours and on this note: Using this after shaving is like rubbing salt in a wound - you just don't. I have never had problems with this stinging. Highly reccomend T'eo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't use this personally but I just have to make a review for my husband. It's THE only deo that works for him. It lasts long and has that nice freshly showered clean scent. LUSH should think of a better way to make and package it. It's messy and it tends to crumble when it gets small. My husband never finishes one whole bar because of this. He starts a new one after using about half. 3 lippies (1 bar is $8) on the price and 4 on overall rating because it's impossible to consume the whole product because of the terrible packaging. For effectiveness, I give it a 5.

on 9/11/2006 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this deodorant. I use it most days, only using an anti-perspirant when I think I might need it.

It smells lovely and does keep the stale sweat smell at bay.

I've had no problems with irritation at all. Simply follow the Lush instructions - pat on gently and then rub in with the fingers, and all is well.

My only complaint is that Lush don't make a tin for them and I hate keeping it in the open air in case it does get damp, and the bag they come in isn't really practical...

on 2/17/2006 3:52:00 PM

I loved the smell of this when I bought it- fresh and lemony. In the few months that have gone by, however, the tea tree oil has completely taken over and it's just a bit too medicinal for my taste. I haven't had the problem with underarm irritation that a lot of people have had, but I grate mine into a travel soap dish and pat it on with a powder puff. It's a pain, but it helps- rubbing it on armpits seems to be one of the things that makes it so irritating to a lot of people, as this bar does have a coarse texture. Overall, using this deo required way too much effort, so I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/13/2005 4:48:00 PM

I love the lemon scent! But it didn't work that well for me...I found that it would mask the BO for a while, but didn't stop it from coming back.

I'm glad I didn't get the burnng sensation most ppl got from these deordants. Edit: I did get that burning feeling! Beware of these lush deordants! hence the 2 lippies.

What's with the wax on the bottom? it kept on flaking off! It would be nice, if they had some sort of packaging for this thing...especally the price you pay for it...about $8 CDN.

on 6/28/2005 7:02:00 PM

Crikey! This burned the bejeebus outta my pits! What a disappointment. I know a lot of people say to wait a week, to adjust, but it's far too irritating. I had to wash it off, and the next day, I still had a rash and it was still stinging :(.. On a GOOD note, I gave it to my boyfriend and he loves it! Hence, the 3 lippies.

The best deodorant I have ever tried! I have a very strong scent that never really goes away - even straight out of the shower it is mildly detectable! I have always tried to mask it with drugstore deodorant sticks, though unsuccessfully. THIS works because it doesn't mask my scent, it COMPLIMENTS it. My boyfriend is in heaven because though he loves my scent, he doesn't like when it's too strong. Now he says I smell sexy all the time, very natural but very fresh. *I will never go back to the regular stuff.* However, the drawback is it does sting a bit the first week or so of use while your body adjusts to it (I think it's the tea tree oil) and this is not an anti-perspirant, so those of you who sweat easily may not like it. Also, it's best to buy the Lush tin to keep it in, then apply it with a powder puff or big, fluffy makeup brush. Dust the delicious lemon scented powder on and voila! You are good to go all day!

***UPDATE after 6 months of use: Though I love the scent and power of this deodorant, I had to stop using it because it irritated my skin so badly. My skin was red and blotchy, so I switched to Aromarant, which is soothing and does not hurt. Beware!

on 9/19/2004 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The fragrance is beautiful! -- I would like to find it in other Lush products.

It is definitely awkward to use/keep.

I find it to be an effective deodorant for light activity days.

on 9/13/2003 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The smell is great, and it does it's job, but it's hard to store and messy to use. I got white powder on my hands each time I'd use it, and had to wash my hands. It's just inconvenient when you are in a rush to get ready. It also got a hard crust on the top which would have to be scraped off to get to more product. It's not comfortable to apply. It's rough and scratchy.