April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To be honest at first I didn't know how to use this stuff, the texture is so thick and creamy that I wasn't sure how to get it to spread onto my face. However the trick is (and the reason I think they put it in a pot) to barely pat your fingers with it, and then build the coverage where you need it which results in the most natural coverage imaginable. I have also found that using concealer on top of the foundation works best for me, which is something I've never done before but have found it blends better that way. Porcelain is the perfect match for my fair and cool toned skin, and I love that this does not oxidize at all. However, I have found that it gets quite oily by the end of the day and I do not have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by danaj415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product, but it did not work for me:( I was recommended this product from an estheticdian at Nordstroms. Her skin looked flawless and she said she used this foundation. I bought it soon after. The color was a great match for me and I liked the consistency. However I found it was not long lasting at all. I work LONG days and sometimes I work in the elements so I need my makeup to last. For this price I expected better. Why I'm really returning this product is the fact that I have a bunch of tiny bumps that surfaced on my skin. I'm contributing this to the silicones. :( For now my HG is Smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Pantsy

Hands down the best foundation I have ever found. I use Chamomile, it matches my skin perfectly. Soft, gel consistency applied with a sponge, the finish is flawless. Recommend it highly for those with combination skin and need medium coverage. Gorgeous. It is in a jar, and for those germaphobes like myself, use a spatula to prevent cross-contamination. Love the jar, personally, as I can get every bit of foundation out unlike tubes or pumps that you lose 10% of your product because you cannot get it out of the container.

Chantecaille is my favourite foundation. Being a product junkie and having skin that is over forty, I have tried so many--wind up with breakouts, comedogenic ingredients that create clogs, greasy feeling, impossible to remove, cakey and heavy. Not so with this foundation. Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

***UPDATE: I found better and cheaper - Bobbi Brown BB Cream. Everything I wanted this to be and more!*** I used to be part of the MAC-only cult - I love their Studio Fix fluid and powder foundations and use those all the time. But I started to want a foundation that looked like skin, not makeup. A name that I kept hearing great things about was "Future Skin". The name is appropriate as it's the future of foundation technology; the ingredients list containing 60% charged water, seaweed, light reflective particles and green tea. I guess we have come a long way since Pan-Stick. Foundation formulas seem to be constantly evolving to deliver a "your skin but better" look - so many times I've heard my SO say that he "prefers the natural look"... well, I do too but we know the time and effort that can still go into that! So when I want to look fresh, radiant and naturally glowing but not obviously made up I use this. I love the look of models skin backstage at shows in magazines - it looks so flawless yet still natural. RE shades, I'm naturally an NC15/20 with neutral undertones and I wear Alabaster. I was told by the SA that the next shade up Chamomile, has some definite yellow tones in it. Also, you need to know that the shades are either neutral, pink-toned or yellow toned. If you go on the blog by Karla Sugar, she has uploaded a great photo of all the shades next to each other so you will be able to see what I'm talking about. There is also a shade perfect for PPPs called Porcelain. The next 3 shades up from Porcelain are Ivory, Alabaster and Chamomile (they are all the same "level" of shade, but Ivory is pink, Alabaster neutral and Chamomile yellow). Vanilla is also a great shade for when I'm more tan - so perhaps an NC20-25. I find the application is foolproof and so easy even with fingers - really, it's one of the only fdtns I can just swipe on with my fingers (with a spatula from the jar for hygiene issues) and takes me like 1 or 2 minutes max to have covered my entire face and achieve a flawless look. That's something I thought I could get from Chanel Vitalumiere or Luminous Silk by GA...but no, just no. Vitalumiere was too greasy and contains a highly comedogenic ingredient as the 2nd ingredient and thus made me break out; luminous silk looked cakey and smelled strongly of alcohol. On me FS goes on like a dream - hands down the easiest liquid fdtn I've ever applied - I usually use a fdtn brush but this goes on better without imo. Coverage - more medium than full so I cover any blemishes I might have with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage which works well with this. It does not oxidise at all, it stays the exact same as it goes on for 8+ hours. The first time I wore it I walked around London for hours in the hot sun, got a little sweaty and flustered and when I got home I looked in the mirror and for once, my skin still looked as luminous as when freshly applied. It is expensive (�55!) but that is the only thing I can complain about. And as you only need a small amount to cover the whole face, it should last you a very long time. The only thing that may bother people is the seaweed in FS (Laminaria saccharina) as algae extracts are highly comedogenic however this is usually only something to worry about if it is listed as one of the 1st 7 ingredients which this is not, so the amounts are probably too small to be problematic (I have not experienced breakouts so far).

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by emtave

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought a replacement for my empty pot of Porcelain FS and I didn't mind the expense because the last pot lasted five months and I wear it every day. I have worn foundation every day for 30 years, often medium to heavy coverage finishes, but I am a convert to Future Skin's lighter touch.

I'm going to run through my routine because it took me a while to find the right method for me, but it was worth the time and effort, so sorry in advance for rambling!

I start with Makeup Forever HD Primer in Pink 7, let it rest for a few minutes then apply FS with a brush or my fingers or both depending on my mood, and the amount of coverage I want (lighter with fingers; heavier with brush). I start with my T zone and work out until it blends into my real skin. My skin isn't in super duper condition - I have a little redness around the nose, the occasional blemish - so I use a concealer over the foundation just in the areas that need it and blend it in well with a small brush. I leave the FS and concealer to settle for at least 5 minutes while I do my eyes, then set it by pressing a little puff of Bare Essentuals mineral veil onto the skin. The finished look is baby-soft and natural: you can see my skin but it looks almost flawless. FS wears off a little around my T zone during a 10 hour day so I take a bit of it with me in a Muji container to touch up, and I also use a pressed powder during the day.

I love this foundation. It goes on like a dream and the texture is light and non-greasy. It's not right for everyone, and it probably appeals more to people who want to do the natural or no-makeup look, but it makes my skin look and feel really, really nice, and I adore it. I also like the no-fuss pot :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by HRH_UK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've just repurchased this as it's been many years since I've used the product. My skin is in very good condition but I'm at the age where I need a little help and thought this would be a good option. I wanted something light as I don't like the feel of heavy make up on my skin.
This goes on very lightly, applied by fingertips. I like the open jar packaging as its easy to apply exactly what I want to apply, unlike tubes. My skin is combination and this sits perfectly. While it says medium to full coverage, it's more of a light to medium coverage. I have it in Ivory and it's a perfect match. The price is very high, more so as I purchased in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by isseymiyake

This is an OK product. Might work better for dry skin. On my combination skin, it melts down in 2-3 hours. I also hate the packaging, inhygienic, not travel friendly. On the other hand, I do like the consistency and the shade "cream" is a perfect match for my east asian yellow tone skin. Overall, it does not work for me. For the price I would invest on their tinted moisturizer, which works better for combination skin.

~~~~

Updated in 2013: Well, maybe my skin has changed or something. when I use it now, I actually like it a lot. elegant naturual-looing coverage. And most importantly, it is not too dry not too moisturizing for me. and my skin feels comfortable and breathable underneath it. I guess it works the best for skin that is more on the dry side.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Based on good reviews, thought I'd give this a try. Funny how products can function so differently for MUAers! This foundation was unfortunately one of the worst I've tried on my skin and that says a lot.
1) Heavy feel- even after I wash my face, I feel residue
2) Extremely greasy, although oil-free. I now don't blot at all with Smashbox Studio Skin, but this made me oily-looking in less than 10 minutes. It felt like Mary Poppins bag- it just kept coming out, no matter how much I blotted! Yuck! I actually blotted a few times per hour and it still looked greasy
3) Not long lasting- although the heavy feel stayed, a drop of water looked like milk streaking down my face. I walk outside a lot, imagine light rain! Unacceptable
4) Insanely expensive, good thing I had a sample
5) Poor packaging
6) Looked fake, however the coverage was poor. A lot of concealer was needed to cover small blemishes
Glad it worked for so many, but it was a big fail for me! From extreme greasies to running with water, it's a no. I reminisced that the Almay Clear Complexion foundation I bought in a pinch for less than $12 lasted longer, had a pump, looked more natural and controlled oil. I'll stick with my trusty Smashbox Studio Skin! No breakouts, looks better and lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have dry skin in the winter, slightly oily in the summer. I got this in the summer and liked it ok but it wasn't great. For the cost (and terrible packaging, just a jar) i didn't think it was worth it and I regret buying it now. I definitely cant use it nowadays in the winter, it really accentuates dry patches, even though it has hydrating seaweed extracts. It feels really nice going on, but it flakes and looks really bad in a few hours. When I used it a few times in the summer, my skin wasn't dry so I didn't have problems with flaking but the coverage was very very sheer. Since it didnt cover as much as id like, i stopped using it. The color range is pretty limited too, and the color i got isnt a prefect match so that also contributed to it winding up in my "archive" makeup drawer. I'd classify this more as a (really expensive!) tinted moisturizer rather than a proper foundation. But, if you are looking for really sheer coverage and have really nice skin to begin with, and want a luxury product, you might want to try this.
I'm still looking for a good winter foundation. Top so far are MUFE F&B and Youngblood liquid mineral fdn, but still looking for the HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AliMcSparlkepants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the first high end foundation I purchased. I had been using Revlon CS for years before that, and was looking for something fancier and also with less coverage.
I was recommended this by the sales assistant.
I used it for almost 2 weeks as I had read that the charged water and seaweed neutralise excess oil in your skin if you use it over a period of time.
As much as i wanted to love this foundation, I ended up returning it.
It made my skin so oily, it almost looked wet. Also, after a few hours, the already sheer coverage had gone blotchy and almost disappeared in some places, it oxodised to an orangy colour, and worst of all, it broke me out with both superficial and quite deep pimples. I would leave the house with no visible pimples and throughout the day I would literally grow 5 or 6 little white pimples.
The deeper bumps and pimples took a couple of months to clear up.
Maybe I have an allergy to one of the ingredients?
This foundation would probably only suit someone with very clear skin to begin with, who doesn't really need much coverage, and doesn't have issues with oily skin.
I did think the packaging was pretty, but it isn't very hygienic.
If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, either give it a miss or ask for a sample first, as it is very expensive.