October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Future Skin for 10 years. Before discovering it I tried every high end foundation out there, and while some of them were fine, I never liked the feel of foundation and I wore foundation as rarely as possible. As soon as I began using FS I began to get unsolicited compliments...on my skin. Basically people couldn't see that I was wearing foundation, but my skin looked luminous and healthy. A few tips: FS will almost melt into your skin, if you apply with (clean!) fingers and almost press it (GENTLY) into you skin with fingers or even palms. You can build coverage over areas that need a second application the same way-- it blends beautifully. Brush application will give you heavier coverage, but not as natural. I do finish with powder on nose and chin, but not on cheeks-- the FS glow is beautiful. I find it does last all day & stays true to color.

In the last 10 years I've occasionally tried other high-end stuff in the eternal quest, but every single time FS comes out way ahead of the competition.

I've discovered that using a superb product to the last drop saves me $$$ vs paying to constantly try and discard less expensive options.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very nice foundation, but I need more coverage. The porcelain color is a very light peach color - not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

This is the most I've ever paid for a foundation ($80 Cdn!!!) and I regret it! I really wanted to like this foundation because I'd heard some good things about this brand. I was looking for a natural looking foundation that was a bit more hydrating for the winter so I thought this would be perfect. My combo skin was starting to dry out from the cold.

PROS: I bought Vanilla (I'm an NC25) and the shade was a nice match. It felt really nice when I applied it on my skin--gel-like almost and it looked great for the first 2 hours. But that's it.

CONS: I rarely break out (I get a spot or two at most) but this broke me out EVERYWHERE after using it for nearly 2 weeks. I never get breakouts on my forehead but this product gave me tons of bumps there. Ugh! Also, it's not as moisturizing as it initially feels. The foundation really started to look noticeable on my skin after less than 3 hours of wear and it wore off quickly around my trouble spots (redness around my nose). This had little staying power.

This product is totally overrated, ridiculously expensive, and I now know why Chantecaille isn't carried in many places--it just sucks. When I pay this much, I expect something awesome. I switched over to Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation and my skin is now hydrated and my breakouts have calmed--all at a fraction of the cost!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product against my better judgement I believe.... After reading reviews on here before I out-layed the $105 AUD price, I already had doubts whether or not I would like this product. I even looked at youtube videos of this product and it looked AMAZING! However not so on my skin. It made my skin look so dull, no glow at all which made me so disappointed because everyone raved on about how amazing it made their skin look and how it glows. The colour match of Alabaster for my NC15-20 skin was pretty good but I just feel so yuck with this foundation on. I almost feel it makes my skin look like I havent slept... I've applied with a beauty blender sponge; horrid, I applied with my fingers; slightly better... I'm going to try it out with a flat foundation brush but I don't think I am going to get the results I really want. Over-all disappointing for $105...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Chantecaille seems to be a brand that i can always rely on! The fact that its hard to find and the price tag can make me cringe, are the only faults i can think of when it comes to their products. It can be tricky to figure out exact shade matches online for those of us without a Chantecaille counter nearby :( Jar packaging can be a turn-off for a lot of you but the handy spatula pacifies me enough not to care, especially since i cant argue with the results in the mirror. Despite all that I am a huge fan and have repurchased this and the Just Skin tinted moisturizer many times.
Future skin is a gel-textured foundation, providing sheer to medium coverage on its own. It feels as if i can be built up but to be honest i have never felt the need to especially since i enjoy the dewy-glowy finish. This is not to be mistaken for the shiny-greasy look and if the dew is not for you slight dusting with some finishing powder mattifies the look very easily. The wear of this is at least 6 hours without primer or setting powder but with primer i managed to get good 10 hours out of it - impressive to say the least! My skin is a bit problematic and can be breakout prone if i am not careful but Chantecaille base products have never given me any issues. If anything i can assert that when i am using this my skin feels and looks better - skincare foundation at its best :)
Chantecaille is obviously a luxury niche brand but one that deserves a lot more attention by makeup/skincare mavens. Both their makeup and skincare products are high quality, efficient and deliver on their promises - they may not be flashy or "cool" but if you are ready for a classic, timeless, no-nonsence look then look them up. They have never disappointed me...whereas similarly priced brands - Chanel or Dior - have let me down more than once :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To be honest at first I didn't know how to use this stuff, the texture is so thick and creamy that I wasn't sure how to get it to spread onto my face. However the trick is (and the reason I think they put it in a pot) to barely pat your fingers with it, and then build the coverage where you need it which results in the most natural coverage imaginable. I have also found that using concealer on top of the foundation works best for me, which is something I've never done before but have found it blends better that way. Porcelain is the perfect match for my fair and cool toned skin, and I love that this does not oxidize at all. However, I have found that it gets quite oily by the end of the day and I do not have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by danaj415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product, but it did not work for me:( I was recommended this product from an estheticdian at Nordstroms. Her skin looked flawless and she said she used this foundation. I bought it soon after. The color was a great match for me and I liked the consistency. However I found it was not long lasting at all. I work LONG days and sometimes I work in the elements so I need my makeup to last. For this price I expected better. Why I'm really returning this product is the fact that I have a bunch of tiny bumps that surfaced on my skin. I'm contributing this to the silicones. :( For now my HG is Smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Pantsy

Hands down the best foundation I have ever found. I use Chamomile, it matches my skin perfectly. Soft, gel consistency applied with a sponge, the finish is flawless. Recommend it highly for those with combination skin and need medium coverage. Gorgeous. It is in a jar, and for those germaphobes like myself, use a spatula to prevent cross-contamination. Love the jar, personally, as I can get every bit of foundation out unlike tubes or pumps that you lose 10% of your product because you cannot get it out of the container.

Chantecaille is my favourite foundation. Being a product junkie and having skin that is over forty, I have tried so many--wind up with breakouts, comedogenic ingredients that create clogs, greasy feeling, impossible to remove, cakey and heavy. Not so with this foundation. Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

***UPDATE: I found better and cheaper - Bobbi Brown BB Cream. Everything I wanted this to be and more!*** I used to be part of the MAC-only cult - I love their Studio Fix fluid and powder foundations and use those all the time. But I started to want a foundation that looked like skin, not makeup. A name that I kept hearing great things about was "Future Skin". The name is appropriate as it's the future of foundation technology; the ingredients list containing 60% charged water, seaweed, light reflective particles and green tea. I guess we have come a long way since Pan-Stick. Foundation formulas seem to be constantly evolving to deliver a "your skin but better" look - so many times I've heard my SO say that he "prefers the natural look"... well, I do too but we know the time and effort that can still go into that! So when I want to look fresh, radiant and naturally glowing but not obviously made up I use this. I love the look of models skin backstage at shows in magazines - it looks so flawless yet still natural. RE shades, I'm naturally an NC15/20 with neutral undertones and I wear Alabaster. I was told by the SA that the next shade up Chamomile, has some definite yellow tones in it. Also, you need to know that the shades are either neutral, pink-toned or yellow toned. If you go on the blog by Karla Sugar, she has uploaded a great photo of all the shades next to each other so you will be able to see what I'm talking about. There is also a shade perfect for PPPs called Porcelain. The next 3 shades up from Porcelain are Ivory, Alabaster and Chamomile (they are all the same "level" of shade, but Ivory is pink, Alabaster neutral and Chamomile yellow). Vanilla is also a great shade for when I'm more tan - so perhaps an NC20-25. I find the application is foolproof and so easy even with fingers - really, it's one of the only fdtns I can just swipe on with my fingers (with a spatula from the jar for hygiene issues) and takes me like 1 or 2 minutes max to have covered my entire face and achieve a flawless look. That's something I thought I could get from Chanel Vitalumiere or Luminous Silk by GA...but no, just no. Vitalumiere was too greasy and contains a highly comedogenic ingredient as the 2nd ingredient and thus made me break out; luminous silk looked cakey and smelled strongly of alcohol. On me FS goes on like a dream - hands down the easiest liquid fdtn I've ever applied - I usually use a fdtn brush but this goes on better without imo. Coverage - more medium than full so I cover any blemishes I might have with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage which works well with this. It does not oxidise at all, it stays the exact same as it goes on for 8+ hours. The first time I wore it I walked around London for hours in the hot sun, got a little sweaty and flustered and when I got home I looked in the mirror and for once, my skin still looked as luminous as when freshly applied. It is expensive (�55!) but that is the only thing I can complain about. And as you only need a small amount to cover the whole face, it should last you a very long time. The only thing that may bother people is the seaweed in FS (Laminaria saccharina) as algae extracts are highly comedogenic however this is usually only something to worry about if it is listed as one of the 1st 7 ingredients which this is not, so the amounts are probably too small to be problematic (I have not experienced breakouts so far).

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by emtave

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought a replacement for my empty pot of Porcelain FS and I didn't mind the expense because the last pot lasted five months and I wear it every day. I have worn foundation every day for 30 years, often medium to heavy coverage finishes, but I am a convert to Future Skin's lighter touch.

I'm going to run through my routine because it took me a while to find the right method for me, but it was worth the time and effort, so sorry in advance for rambling!

I start with Makeup Forever HD Primer in Pink 7, let it rest for a few minutes then apply FS with a brush or my fingers or both depending on my mood, and the amount of coverage I want (lighter with fingers; heavier with brush). I start with my T zone and work out until it blends into my real skin. My skin isn't in super duper condition - I have a little redness around the nose, the occasional blemish - so I use a concealer over the foundation just in the areas that need it and blend it in well with a small brush. I leave the FS and concealer to settle for at least 5 minutes while I do my eyes, then set it by pressing a little puff of Bare Essentuals mineral veil onto the skin. The finished look is baby-soft and natural: you can see my skin but it looks almost flawless. FS wears off a little around my T zone during a 10 hour day so I take a bit of it with me in a Muji container to touch up, and I also use a pressed powder during the day.

I love this foundation. It goes on like a dream and the texture is light and non-greasy. It's not right for everyone, and it probably appeals more to people who want to do the natural or no-makeup look, but it makes my skin look and feel really, really nice, and I adore it. I also like the no-fuss pot :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No