October 23, 2014 | 1802 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a very lightweight lotion that absorbs quickly and leaves no sticky or greasy-feeling residue. There's also no scent and it comes in a handy squeeze tube. I got a sample of this and am using it only on my arms and legs (when they are exposed) since I don't trust sunscreens besides Shiseido's on my face. I can't tell whether this is keeping me from tanning or really protecting me from UVA/UVB rays. It's expensive too. I would probably just get the Neutrogena with Helioplex or Coppertone or Blue Lizard rather than this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by dnice91

The absolute best sunscreen I have ever used. It left my skin looking more matte even before I had it on. Goes on easily. It keeps my comfortable sometimes dry cheeks and oily t zone balanced. I'm so glad i found this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product last summer but it seemed to be breaking me out so I put it in the drawer and forgot about it. Through a series of trial and error, I realized that I continured to break out after discontinuing its usage. I finally determined that it was my Bobbi Brown makeup that was causing the breakouts- I went back to Prescriptives.
    Anyway I picked this up again this summer and it is doing fine. I have experienced no itching or irriatation and I have sensitvie skin. I usually cannot use any facial products with fragrance, that are not oil free and hypoallergenic. I agree with all who say a small amount will suffice. I only use it on my face. For my body, I can usually get away with an oil-free drugstore brand like Coppertone. The price is steeper than many suncreens but if you use it for your face only and sparingly at that, it can last a while.
    Update: I like this but found something lighter to replace it; the Bliss Sunban Oil-Free Sunscreen for face SPF30. They both cost about the same but I prefer the lighter consistency and scent of the Bliss. Usually scented products bother my face but not the Bliss. However, you do you do get more product for the money with the Dermadoctor 4oz. vs 1.7 oz for the the Bliss Sunban. It probably is just a matter of personal preference- both prodcuts are good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I received a generous ( 1 oz) sample tube of this sunscreen with my Dermadoctor order and all I can say is WOW! If you're looking for a feather-light, matte sunscreen that sinks right in and doesn't leave a white cast this is it! Up to date, I have tried samples of Shiseido, Clarins, Neutrogena Sheer Dry and BB Sunblock and though I like the last one this one is a definite winner in terms of lightness. It doesn't feel like sunscreen at all, but rather like a good mattyfing foundation primer. Now, I'm one of those people who actually doesn't mind, even appreciates, a bit of glow so I still be rotating with BB from time to time, but if you're oily there is nothing better. A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by rosalieann

About me. 30 y/o no wrinklies yet, very pale combination sensitive skin. I love this sunscren. It is one of the only ones that I have tried that does not make me break out. It is nice that it is unscented and also nice that it does not make your skin feel oily. I only use this product on my face since it is a little pricey and this bottle has lasted forever.I like that it is higher them spf 15 since I use retinol products and that makes my skin more sensitive. Does seem to sop up oil on your face and make it matte about the time you start to get oily it is time to reapply anyway. Overall the best sunscreen that I have ever tried and I am pasty pale so I have tried alot. And finally a sunscreen that does not smell like coconuts, vanilla or bananas..yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, this is another product that I was hesitant to try. On my oily/dehyrated skin, SPFs generally look greasy, particularly SPF 30. Indeed, when I first put it on, it seemed like all the others. However, after working it in well, I was amazed at how nice the finish was. It is semi-matte, but it leaves your skin glowy. I wouldn't necessary call it a mattifying sunscreen, but it does not add to my oil at all. I have been using it over DermaDr.'s Teasezone, and my foundation looks awesome throughout the day. (Plus, my skin is well-protected!)
    AN UPDATE: I am still using this product after six weeks. I can stress enough how happy I am with it. JUST TRY IT. Even if it feels greasy at first, it dries beautifully. Great as a primer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All you need for your entire face and neck people is 4 small pea sized dollops. THAT'S IT. If you use too much (not just of this product, but of anything), you're not going to like it.

I found this product to be very lightweight, I love how it dries down to a matte finish. I have been using this once a day, every day, for the past few weeks. I'm half way through the bottle. I got my bottle as a gift from the company (I work at a retailer that sells the brand) so I didn't pay for it. But I'd say the cost is fair. $25 for something you can use on your face and your body. Its no more expensive than other mid-high end Dr. brands.

The CONS to this is that if you don't put it on a completely bare face, it will pill on you. I am really disappointed with this as I use face serums and sometimes also a non-spf face cream on my face before I ever get to applying my sunscreen. So really the only time I can really use this on my face are on days that I'm not using all my other skincare (which is hardly never). I will continue to use what I have on my body but I just can't use it on my face with my other skincare as I had it pilling all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ppandb

Another DERMAdoctor product i just re-purchased. I really love this becuase I can use it daily on my combination/oliy t-zone skin. it's not greasy, no white residue - just soft, matte finish. a good amount for the $ too. Great Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen.
    Active Ingredients: Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone, Avobenzone
    UPDATE: I still LOVE this sunscreen but i have to take off one lippy because I just found out it is not photo stable - I'll finish out my fairly new tube and then look for a new stable sunscreen that hopefully will be similar to this one... : (

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mgb21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never used the product, but have read the label. It only contains 1% avobenzone which is not sufficient to adequately block UVA rays. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, no matter how good it feels.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Marcie110

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I gave it four stars though because of the price. However, in my years of searching for the perfect sunscreen that doesn't break me out, doesn't feel greasy, and has an invisible zinc oxide (the best ultimate broad sunscreen you can buy), I have finally found it. As an Esthetician, I recommend this product to my clients, as well as my friends...who, by the way, love it too! For those of you who felt greasy, it was probably applied too thick...you don't need much (one tube lasted me two summers if daily face use and I NEVER got a burn). I would buy a cheaper brand, like Neutrogena, for the body though.