July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Treatments (Face) - Artistry - Skin refinishing lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a moisterizer since my skin is oily. It leaves my face so soft! My makeup even goes on smooth. My mom has been buying this since 2000 and we never run out. This will be in my skin care regimen for years!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by xsilverfox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, I use it mainly after exfoliating, and at night. It is so soothing and makes my skin feel like silk. My sister in law has rosacea and finds that it calms and soothes her skin wonderfully with out any adverse reactions. The scent is refreshing also. I find the price very reasonable after comparing it to other high end creams/treatments, and it's definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about a month, and LOVE it! It absorbs quickly, and transforms into a velvety texture which enhances foundation. It has improved my uneven skin tone, and i've gotten a few compliments on how smooth my skin feels! Definitely will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by rzafram

I really wanted to like this product, because I loved the packaging, smell, and texture. I've also had good luck with other Artistry products. However, after using it for about a week, I started noticing all sorts of small breakouts where I hadn't had them before -- little whiteheads or bigger blackheads. As soon as I stopped using this, my skin cleared up. So this is a no go for me. what a shame after so many positive reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lwl0706

a good moisturiser, give a matte finish and absorbed well right after application, but it doesn't seems to help on my acne scar problem, and can't see the exfoliating effect, perhaps it's just not working in my case.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by maya5

great for keeping it all together

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 7:05:00 AM More reviews by bevoone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really good!! It goes on your face like silk and prepares for any makeup. Makes it feel so soft and smooth. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and can see some improvements on the pore. Smells great too! Really good product and is my makeup staple for day and night! It's not really expensive and as it does feel good on my face, I am willing to spend the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I'm no longer using this. When I switched to Dermalogica's Age Smart cleanser, and Aqua Glycolic's lotion after it, I no longer needed this. Those 2 have done such a superb job of smoothing and evening skin tone, that I was almost afraid to use this and introduce more acids to my skin. So I opted out (I'm also trying to streamline my routine so this was a good place to start). It is still a terrific product and I would definitely recommend it to those who need lighter exfoliation.

I've been using this for about a month and I love it. I use glycolic and lactic acid peels 1-2 times/week and didn't want something with any additional acids in it but would make a good primer/canvas for mu. I also didn't want a lot of 'cones as they usually make my face even greasier in summer. Funny how hard that combo is to find in a face product. This is just perfect. Even though the first 2 ingredients are silicones, its very light and refreshing. Seems to soak into my skin and meld with it instead of sitting on top like most silicones do on me. Makes my combo-mostly-oily skin stay glowing (read not greasy) all day without drying it out. No blotting with this stuff!! I use it after my vit C serum, let it soak in, and my tinted ss goes on like a dream and stays looking perfect all day. It really does make your skin feel like velvet, creating the perfect canvas for mu. Scent is very light and green and I only need 2 pumps for my face and neck. Comes in a glass, opaque white 1oz pump bottle that makes application easy. Fast becoming a staple in my morning routine.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Polysilicone-11, Gylcereth-26, Acetyl Glucosamine, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Sphingolipids, Cholesterol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Glucose, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for close to a year now and have to say that my skin would not look nearly as good without Artistry's Skin Refinishing Lotion. I use this at night over my L'Occitane Very Precious Cream and awaken to soft, smooth skin that simply glows. The exfoliating properties of this product help to eliminate dead skin cells to leave your complexion flawlessly radiant. The smell is light and pleasant, almost like cucumbers and spring. Some other people I know claim this product functions as an excellent primer but not using makeup myself, I cannot attest to this. However, if you're looking for a light-weight lotion to amp your skincare routine up a factor or two, then you can't go wrong with the Skin Refinishing Lotion. It has helped control breakouts and minimize T-zone shine. It IS quite expensive but I get it for 25% less as I'm an Amway IBO. I'm not too sure but I think it retails for about 95 AUD if you're not affiliated in any way with Amway. I absolutely love the Skin Refinishing Lotion and have repurchased about 5 times now. I highly recommend to all who are looking to regain that elusive glow of youth. It has certainly made MY skin look a million times more radiant and translucent :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Legolas2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product in my Easter basket this year and I gotta say, I love it too. I use it right after using my pore cleansing masque and it just feels like I am pampering myself any time I put it on. Also, my boyfriend likes to say that the smell is like "catnip for men".