September 18, 2014 | 1877 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product will forever be in my possession! I was almost sure my oily face would never agree with this product but its amazing and I love it!! I shower at night so I leave this product and my face wash in my shower and use both every single night to remove my daily makeup. 1 pump removes everything on my face (including eyeliner and waterproof mascara). I massage 1 pump onto my face concentrating on my eyes, rinse off with water, then follow up with my face wash and my face is makeup free! Its a bit pricey but the bottle lasts forever if you only use 1 pump a day (which is really all you need). This doesn't sting my eyes or break me out which is amazing!! And I love the bottle - the pump is super convenient and doesn't take up much room in my shower. There's no MAC where I live but I'll be ordering it online as soon as I start running low so I can have a back up. I have and will definitely repurchase this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use two pumps of this to remove my makeup at the end of the day. I add a bit of water, rub my hands together to emulsify, and rub this into my face for 30 seconds. I spend 10 seconds on my eyes and it gets everything off without leaving my lashes crispy. Rinse and follow up with cleanser.

I haven't had any breakouts and there is very, very little makeup left behind; however that doesn't bother me because I don't expect it to remove every bit over everything from my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I'm kind of in love with this stuff. I was skeptical at first since my skin is super sensitive and prone to break outs and clogged pores. So putting oil on my face on purpose?! Well well well!! It just happened to be the saving grace my face needed. Sure, you can make your own cleansing oil with essential oils. But this one is nice in that it emulsifies and you're not stuck with an oil slick on your face. This has drastically reduced the number of blackheads on my nose and clogged pores on my chin and forehead. Plus it removes all my makeup! Even stubborn mascara!! Will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by emeraldgreenmascara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only got this last week and I love it already! Before, I used the Oil cleansing method to remove makeup, but because i have sensitive skin with rosacea, the hot washcloth and my cheeks didn't get along very well. Also, although I know it is beneficial for the skin, I didn't like the greasy film it left on my face. So this is basically OCM but better. It leaves the skin squeaky clean, moisturized and super soft. I usually use 1 pump for my face and a little more for my eyes, depending on how much eye makeup I have on. Then I wet my hands and massage my face again before I remove everything with a wet washcloth. So far, my skin hasn't shown any pimples or rashes, not even my eyes which are extremely picky about ingredients. If that continues, I will keep repurchasing this until the day I die.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most of the reviews describe the product perfectly. I'm 66 with fair normal-dry thin skin, sensitive and reactive, mild rosacea flushing and some permanent pinkness, persistent S-D on one nose fold. How I use this -I squirt one or two pumps into my hands and then massage my face until my eye and face makeup seem off, and then without rinsing I use a pump or two of Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, do a bit more massaging with the combo, then rinse. My skin is much less dehydrated with few to no dry spots even in the winter, and when I travel and only use the Cerave I can see a difference after a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

This is my hg of makeup removers. I can't count how many bottles of this wonderful oil I've purchased, and I miss it terribly whenever I go traveling. The best part of this remover is that it works with all skin types, including those with sensitive skin.

Since I've gotten older, my skin has changed from being very oily to combination, and no matter what, the cleanse off oil never compromised the texture of my skin whatsoever. All I use is 1 to 2 pumps at the most, and rub it into my skin without adding water. It's so delicate and creamy, working itself into a light lather that isn't irritating to the eyes.

It can be wiped off with a tissue or rinsed off with water, and leaves skin feeling hydrated and soft without stripping off your natural oils. I was hesitant to use this years ago when my skin was super oily, but oil cuts oil so it helped to keep my skin looking refreshed and balanced. This is one of those rare products that I'll use for the rest of my life, and pray that they keep making it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

OMG THIS STUFF IS TERRIBLE! The first time I tried it it made me go blind for 10 minutes and I didn't even get in in my eyes... or I didn't feel it at least. I was so scared! Also, it barely even removed my makeup and it is so expensive! There are much better products at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that this works so well for me considering I'm very sensitive and this has both essential oils and fragrance. I have been using on/off for a few months, just on days that I wear foundation or tenacious sunscreen. This is a very light, thin oil and glides over the face very nicely. Rinses easily and cleanly without any residue, however I still follow up with my cleanser for extra measure. No breakouts of irritation to speak of. Unfortunately I cannot use this to remove eye makeup due to irritation, but otherwise it's great and I might buy again, but I think I will try Fancl after this runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid to put this product anywhere near my face again. Now, it could be totally unrelated, but during the time period I started using this my face exploded in cystic blemishes (I'm prone to these during hormonal fluctuations) in spots where I usually never get them. When I stopped using this, it took some time for my face to clear up, but it did. I'm glad I only bought the travel size, because I don't plan on using this again just in case it was the culprit.

With that said...

This smells nice and fresh. I originally purchased this to remove waterproof mascara, but eventually tried it on my entire face. It felt nice on my skin - not greasy or heavy. It rinsed off clean, but I fallowed up with my usual cleanser afterwards.

I'm going to give this product a 3, because I'm really not sure if it caused my cysts or not. If it didn't, it's very effective at removing stubborn makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by rubyeskimo

Where to start? I have oily skin which can be breakout prone when certain products are used. I wear sunscreen on a daily basis and know that it is important to remove every single bit of it at night, hence why I first started using an oil cleanser. I previously used the DHC Olive oil based cleanser but found this a bit too thick for my liking - it felt like I was rubbing straight olive oil on my face and that isn't a feeling I particularly like. Anyway back to the Mac; this is a very light feeling oil, with a very pleasant fragrance. I take 1.5 pumps and massage on to my dry skin. I then dampen my hands and massage again to emulsify the oil before I rinse it off. I find this is the best way to get all my makeup off rather than just rinsing straight off. I have never had any problems with this breaking me out. I love the packaging, it has a locking cap on the full size bottle, which I have traveled with and it has never leaked on me. The travel size bottle has the same kind of top as the Fix Plus spray. A bottle typically lasts me 3-4 months so the price doesn't really bother me. I have been using this for years and think it will always be a staple in my skin care routine.