July 29, 2014 | 2023 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by emeraldgreenmascara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only got this last week and I love it already! Before, I used the Oil cleansing method to remove makeup, but because i have sensitive skin with rosacea, the hot washcloth and my cheeks didn't get along very well. Also, although I know it is beneficial for the skin, I didn't like the greasy film it left on my face. So this is basically OCM but better. It leaves the skin squeaky clean, moisturized and super soft. I usually use 1 pump for my face and a little more for my eyes, depending on how much eye makeup I have on. Then I wet my hands and massage my face again before I remove everything with a wet washcloth. So far, my skin hasn't shown any pimples or rashes, not even my eyes which are extremely picky about ingredients. If that continues, I will keep repurchasing this until the day I die.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most of the reviews describe the product perfectly. I'm 66 with fair normal-dry thin skin, sensitive and reactive, mild rosacea flushing and some permanent pinkness, persistent S-D on one nose fold. How I use this -I squirt one or two pumps into my hands and then massage my face until my eye and face makeup seem off, and then without rinsing I use a pump or two of Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, do a bit more massaging with the combo, then rinse. My skin is much less dehydrated with few to no dry spots even in the winter, and when I travel and only use the Cerave I can see a difference after a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

This is my hg of makeup removers. I can't count how many bottles of this wonderful oil I've purchased, and I miss it terribly whenever I go traveling. The best part of this remover is that it works with all skin types, including those with sensitive skin.

Since I've gotten older, my skin has changed from being very oily to combination, and no matter what, the cleanse off oil never compromised the texture of my skin whatsoever. All I use is 1 to 2 pumps at the most, and rub it into my skin without adding water. It's so delicate and creamy, working itself into a light lather that isn't irritating to the eyes.

It can be wiped off with a tissue or rinsed off with water, and leaves skin feeling hydrated and soft without stripping off your natural oils. I was hesitant to use this years ago when my skin was super oily, but oil cuts oil so it helped to keep my skin looking refreshed and balanced. This is one of those rare products that I'll use for the rest of my life, and pray that they keep making it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

OMG THIS STUFF IS TERRIBLE! The first time I tried it it made me go blind for 10 minutes and I didn't even get in in my eyes... or I didn't feel it at least. I was so scared! Also, it barely even removed my makeup and it is so expensive! There are much better products at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that this works so well for me considering I'm very sensitive and this has both essential oils and fragrance. I have been using on/off for a few months, just on days that I wear foundation or tenacious sunscreen. This is a very light, thin oil and glides over the face very nicely. Rinses easily and cleanly without any residue, however I still follow up with my cleanser for extra measure. No breakouts of irritation to speak of. Unfortunately I cannot use this to remove eye makeup due to irritation, but otherwise it's great and I might buy again, but I think I will try Fancl after this runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid to put this product anywhere near my face again. Now, it could be totally unrelated, but during the time period I started using this my face exploded in cystic blemishes (I'm prone to these during hormonal fluctuations) in spots where I usually never get them. When I stopped using this, it took some time for my face to clear up, but it did. I'm glad I only bought the travel size, because I don't plan on using this again just in case it was the culprit.

With that said...

This smells nice and fresh. I originally purchased this to remove waterproof mascara, but eventually tried it on my entire face. It felt nice on my skin - not greasy or heavy. It rinsed off clean, but I fallowed up with my usual cleanser afterwards.

I'm going to give this product a 3, because I'm really not sure if it caused my cysts or not. If it didn't, it's very effective at removing stubborn makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by rubyeskimo

Where to start? I have oily skin which can be breakout prone when certain products are used. I wear sunscreen on a daily basis and know that it is important to remove every single bit of it at night, hence why I first started using an oil cleanser. I previously used the DHC Olive oil based cleanser but found this a bit too thick for my liking - it felt like I was rubbing straight olive oil on my face and that isn't a feeling I particularly like. Anyway back to the Mac; this is a very light feeling oil, with a very pleasant fragrance. I take 1.5 pumps and massage on to my dry skin. I then dampen my hands and massage again to emulsify the oil before I rinse it off. I find this is the best way to get all my makeup off rather than just rinsing straight off. I have never had any problems with this breaking me out. I love the packaging, it has a locking cap on the full size bottle, which I have traveled with and it has never leaked on me. The travel size bottle has the same kind of top as the Fix Plus spray. A bottle typically lasts me 3-4 months so the price doesn't really bother me. I have been using this for years and think it will always be a staple in my skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jesssicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through countless bottles of this product. ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING. I use this oil completely dry: I take about a pump and a half into my hands, rub, and then apply all over my face, massaging my eyes and skin to fully remove the makeup. Once I have black panda eyes, I rinse my entire face; the oil becomes this luxorious milky texture and rinses completely clean without leaving any oily residue or speck of makeup on my face. It's also incredibly effective at removing water-proof and long-wearing makeup: I never have to second guess purchasing water-proof mascara when considering difficulty with removal.

I notice that if I apply with even slightly damp skin or hands, the effectiveness is lessened so I would recommend using this product on 100% dry skin. $28 may seem like a lot to spend on a makeup remover, but it's a one-stop-shop that will last for months on end. I can ration a bottle out for an average of about 2-3 months WITH daily use.

I cannot think of any cons associated with product. I will continue to repurchase forever and ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by JayFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only tried it once and there was still a little makeup in my pores between eyebrows. But very good so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got my very first bottle of this oil, and I already LOVE it! I bought the travel size just to see if I like it. It feels really luxurious, and it really does remove every last trace of makeup. I follow this with MAC Green Gel cleanser, and they are a nice combo. Pretty pricey, but it's MAC quality, and I will continue to buy it.