Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS ** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is way too drying. After 2 uses of this product my skin is so dry it burns. I will never use this again!

I had a bottle of this for ages purely because I loved the almond scent. I used it for everything (including laundry which did not work at all). I wasn't aware that you had to dilute this which is probably why I thought it was too harsh. I finished off the bottle by using it as hand soap, but it did dry my skin. I would definitely purchase another bottle but at least I know to dilute it now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I thought I would like this scent but it has a really sickening after smell. I wouldn't buy it again.

EDIT: Ok to be fair, that review was because I cleaned my mason pearson brush with that and the rubber scent mixed with almond was bad. But alone, it's actually really good. Changing review to 5 stars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutly LOVE this stuff. I have a tons of problems with my sensitive skin. This fits the bill. I cant use anything synthetic. Everything causes break outs and rashes from head to toe. This soap was a god send. I found that if I dont use the citrus conditoning rise that my hair will be a goopy mess. My skin is soft with no rash or break outs. When used diluted as shampoo then followed with the conditioner diluted down that they sell my hair is fan freaking taskic. It saves me time and money because I use 1 product head to toe. With the exception of the citrus conditioner. If you use properly this stuff is wonderful. Now if not diluted like they suggest then I can see why people might not like it. So dilute dilute dilute. I always keep it prediluted in a small bottle in the shower for my hair. Then i use a few tiny drops on my Clarisonc brush on my face. Then a few tiny drops on a bath puff to wash my body. If I need to shave I use a few drops in my hand then lather on where I need to shave. Remember to use the citrus conditioner thay make to rinse out the soap from hair or your hair will seem a goopy mess. Some how the conditioner cuts the soap out to make hair soft and shiney.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this soap!! The only thing is that I do not smell anything. I use this only as a body wash. Very easy to mix.

Just about the best true soap you can buy. Economical. Remember to dilute, dilute and dilute. Will purchase Dr. B's again and again. I will never go back to SLS based soaps again.

I bought a 32 oz container of this stuff more than 3 months ago ($13, Vitacost), and I just recently ran out (and it was being used by both my boyfriend and me twice a day each in the shower). Don't let the runny consistency fool you, a little goes a LONG way, and it lathers like a dream. The scent is delicious - probably the best smelling soap I've ever used. Even my boyfriend is obsessed with this stuff, and he has very sensitive skin. I'm not sure how effective this would be as a household cleaning agent, but as a body wash, I highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So far I've only used this to clean my makeup brushes, and it worked splendidly. The smell is pleasant. I'd buy again.

I so wanted to like this line because of the total lack of chemicals.
However I think it's a horrible house cleaner (and I only clean with homemade products like olive oil soap, vinegar and soda). I only use it to clean the tile floor in the kitchen. And I don't think it does a great job, too!
I also find it very drying as a handsoap, even dilluted.
I think I'm going to use it a shampoo on my boy's hair and as body shower because I always moisturize afterwards anyway

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the most versatile product ever. I went to clean my make up brushes today and ran out of my Sephoria brush cleanser, so I used my Castille instead. What a fabulous job it did cleaning my brushes. It works better than the regular cleansers or sprays. The all rinsed nicely and their shape remained the same. It's crazy that I can use this as a house cleaner or as a body wash. I love the almond sent, although it doesn't linger to long. I found that Castilles removes unwanted spray tan on those places where no one wants it.... Like your ankles and in between my fingers. It leaves my hands so soft, even after long exposure. This is a staple in my cleaning routine.