August 1, 2014 | 1820 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by PNyako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVED this stuff for my heat trained natural hair. When I would heat style...one pump of this would leave my hair shiny, frizz free, not weighed down and beautiful....it looked even better when I waved my hair. NOW the problem with this product? It causes seborrheic dermatitis....BAD. My scalp itches so bad and flakes so much from this product that it caused me to not be able to use it unless I am dry combing before I wash my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product every time I shower. After I shower, I use one pump of this and just spread it all over my damp hair. When it dries, it really is silky and shiny. It smells amazing as well. I've already gone through 2 bottles. I will always repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Garnier's Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum says it will weighlessly make your hair shinier, sleeker, and control the frizz. It actually does do this; HOWEVER, the reason it does so it because this stuff is the greasiest product I have ever used. This might as well be vegetable oil! It will make your hair shiny (from the greasiness) and sleek (from the greasiness), and less frizzy (because it'll be so greasy that NOTHING will be frizzing. The only good thing I can say about this is that I like the look of the packaging (although even that is countered by the fact that the pump dispenses too much product). If I could give this product 0 stars I would. Two thumbs way down on this one and it's going right back to Wal-Mart!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could describe this in one word, it would be "meh." I mean yeah, it's cheap, but it did virtually nothing for my hair. At all.

Actually, that's not entirely true. See, there's really no control of how much product comes out of the pump, so upon my first attempt at using this, it basically flooded into my hands and left them greasy, left my hair greasy, and resulted in my hair smelling like some weird green apple. The circular shape of the bottle is cute, that is, until you try to store it next to other products and it drastically reduces the amount of space you have left for other storage.

It did add some shine to my hair, and the frizz became rather calm, though I'm not entirely sure if that's because the serum was actually working, or because my hair was so greasy there was shine resulting from that and lack of frizz because my hair was weighed down.

I will not be repurchasing, unless I find some way to control how much product is dispensed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly, for the price, you get more than you pay for! It makes my hair look shiny and healthy, as for frizz-free...it doesn't eliminate ALL frizz, but it definitely helps out. I apply this after applying heat and it makes my hair look strong, healthy, and shiny. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by unabellavida

This product is a [hair] life saver!

I've been using this product for years as I've constantly blow dried, straightened or curled and coloured my hair and my hair still looks and feels super healthy! I have thick, long, wavy hair and I usually apply a small amount before i blow dry my hair, or if I'm skipping the dryer, after straightening. It makes your hair soft, gives it a nice natural shine and it smells good too. It helps with breakage and split ends as well, as I found that in the short period of time I got lazy and stopped using it, I developed split ends a bit on my hair.

I recently coloured my hair red which seems to have dried my hair out on the ends a bit. I used some of this after straightening my hair and it felt fine, and no one could tell how my ends really were.

BOTTOM LINE: I recommend this product for everyday use. It keeps your hair healthy and looking good.

xx

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ZMberry

I loved this product. I can use it on damp and dry hair. I find it can make dry hair feel a bit greasy for a couple minutes till its totally absorbed. I have long wavy/curly hair so I use about 3 pumps and thats usually enough to tame frizz. Also super duper helpful when straightening hair. And the smell is amazing! just totally amazing best smelling hair care product I have tried. This is totally going to be a new staple in my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

Wow! I have been looking for years for something to tame my frizz and help with shine on my dirty blonde hair and I think I have finally found something that works!! It has worked great so far and the smell is incredible!! So fruity and fun. Love this stuff =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used the original before they added argan oil. I Love it more with the argan oil! I find it smells much better, it is fruity smell. I use about 5 pumps, I have long frizzy ombre hair that has been stripped and bleached. I do have to use alot, but for 2$ and change, you can't complain right! I find it works better than th argan oil by fructis too. I apply this serum on my towel dried hair and comb through with amazing ease. And to be honest I have used more than 5 pumps at times and it never gets greasy on me. Also I noticed it makes my hair dry much faster. :) The only downside is some has managed to spill in my purse when the pump was locked. Yet It is still a 5 for me

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by savvystylist

Lightweight and pretty nourishing for the price, definitely a decent doop for a higher quality oil.