November 23, 2014 | 2124 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This burns and stings when I use it on my eyes, not even that great at removing all my makeup as well. I have found a use for it though, since its not oil based like most makeup removers, if you put a bit on a q-tip you can use to remove eye makeup mistakes/mascara smudges when you are doing your makeup. So I guess its not entirely useless but come on bodyshop there is nooo way this should be referred to as gentle..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by chowyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:

- Very gentle for sensitive skin. I have been using this makeup remover for years, and although it's supposed to be for only eye makeup, I use it for my entire face. It does great it removing everything off my face, and this means the full works (primer, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick and liner etc). It has never broken me out, and my skin is ridiculously sensitive.

- Non-oily remover, which means that my skin doesn't feel greasy or overly taut after that.

- Very reasonably priced. $18 for a bottle that will last me about 4-6 months depending on usage.

- No animal testing! While I do not strictly only buy products that do not animal test, this is a plus

Now on the the negatives...

- It's not the best makeup remover around. I could probably find better ones on the market, but as I said, they would probably break me out. It DOES NOT work for waterproof mascaras in one swipe (but granted, my mascaras are very stubborn), and it takes a while and a bit of patience to wait for the mascara to be removed.

All in all I think it's a fair trade-off though because I don't want pimples no thanks.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Kpan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Crap. It doesn't remove makeup without having to rub alot. I might as well have used water. The bottle sucks, the cap broke after some use. I went again to the body shop and tried it in front of a sales associate and her excuse was because I didn't "let it soak". Really?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Cklu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since it listed chamomile as an ingredient and was by a brand I trusted I thought the product would be fine. I am taking it back today, my eyes have never stung so bad. It stung a bit while I was using it though it took everything off -however I woke up with burned, red eyes. I do not recommend this product to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this to remove eye makeup and while it did remove it fairly, it stung my sensitive skin. I was surprised as there was chamomile in this product and it should have been mild enough, disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I am surprised by the lackluster reviews here -- I actually love this eyemakeup remover and have been using for the last few years. It does not sting my eyes and removes stubborn gel liner and mascara effectively without a lot of rubbing. I have tried a couple of drugstore brand eyemakeup remover lotions, and thought this one was a lot more effective at removing makeup completely. The scent is subtle and not overwhelming. It did not leave any residue. Each tube also lasts me a while -- every couple of years or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by edenforshiz

Its one of my go-to's for eye make up removal. Its not greasy and it only takes a couple swipes to get most of my eye make up off. Then again, I don't like wearing waterproof make up on most days. I've read the other views and I have to say I have absolutely no problems with it burning my eyes, its pretty tear free. I'd buy it again and I think it's definitely my staple for removing everyday simple eye make up

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by missyoualready

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product for pretty cheap. I would use it to remove face makeup as well, however It really burned my eyes. Also it does not to a very good job in removing eye makeup, especially if you use waterproof. Probably would not buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

oh my god this burns! this burns soooo much and doesn't remove makeup!!!!WTF??!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lucky for me I had a previous roommate who worked at TBS and he would bring home the best products for me to to try, but sometimes he would give me so much stuff that I would just put it in my bathroom cabinet and forget about it...I dont regularly use makeup remover; I normally just use face wash to take off my makeup but thanks to some really Really waterproof eyeliners I've been using I found myself reaching into my cabinet for this and discovered how much I really like it. I just put a little squeeze of this onto a cotton pad and wipe the makeup off my eyes. It doesn't burn, sting or leave any residue. It makes my eyes feel really soft and I really like that it's liquid based (not like lotion) since it doesn't leave any trace of product on my eyes...I'll even use this after I wash my face if I have some residual eyeliner raccoon eye action going on that I need to get rid of. When I run out of this (which will be in a long time since the bottles big) I'm not too sure if ill repurchase since I want to try making my own makeup remover out of jojoba oil, olive oil and vitamin E.