LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 10/3/2013 12:16:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of LUSH's solid shampoos, and this one is no exception! I have fine, bleached hair that is oily at the roots and more dry towards the ends. It's so hard for me to find shampoos that control my oil for an entire day without making my ends look like straw. Luckily, Seanik does just that! After using this, my hair feels super clean but not stripped in any way, and with a little conditioner at my ends my hair feels soft, bouncy, and most importantly not at all greasy!
I used to be really skeptical of shampoo bars, but they work just as well as liquid shampoo. I just wet my hair, wet the bar, swipe it down the length of my hair about 6 times (I have longer hair, if yours is short you can use less), lather, and rinse. This stuff lathers up so well and it rinses out clean. I hate when shampoos leave residue in your hair, so thankfully Seanik doesn't. The smell is great -- it smells really fresh and clean and a little salty, it really reminds me of the ocean. The smell really doesn't linger in your hair, which can be good or bad, depending on what you want. I personally wish the smell did linger, but oh well. I was worried that the little bits of seaweed would tangle up in my hair, but I never had an issue. A bar of this will last me about 3 months of everyday use, and considering this is only a little over $10, I think that's an awesome value. Just make sure to store it in a soap dish away from the stream of the shower, otherwise it will get kind of gooey if it never dries fully.
If you have oily hair, check this out! You may become a shampoo bar convert like me. :) (Also try Jumping Juniper and New! if you have oily hair...those work super well too!)

on 8/2/2013 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this shampoo. It smells so fresh and clean, lathered great, and left no build up, BUT...it was super drying and dulled my hair to the point of no shine. My usually silky feeling hair feels a bit more brittle since using this stuff. It also loses its circular shape and turns into a congealed ball of gel with seaweed bits in it. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I just got a bad one, but I was unfortunately not impressed with this stuff. I'm open to trying other Lush shampoos, but I sadly won't be repurchasing this stuff again.

on 6/6/2013 11:08:00 PM

This is a great basic shampoo to keep on hand. I use it whenever I feel product build-up and in my last shampoo before re-dyeing my hair [since it has salt and will pull the dye out, beware!]. It lathers soo easily and richly. It keeps my hair looking good for a lot longer than most shampoos.

on 5/14/2013 11:05:00 PM

It's almost a solid version of big shampoo. Lathers very well and really give you a good clean. Smells kinda sea weedy. It can be drying tho so bring a good conditioner

on 3/23/2013 11:02:00 PM

I've become a bit of a LUSH fanatic lately and I've been eyeing these up a bit. After spending a fair bit of time in there I finally just went for it with the help of a saleswoman and picked this one up. I was a bit nervous because a bar shampoo seems a bit nutty to me, but I do like the idea. I picked this one out because my hair tends to get greasy by the end of the day and I've gone a little colour crazy over the past years so my hair is quite dry and damaged. The big chunks of seaweed freaked me out to be honest, but alas. I'm pretty darn happy with my choice. I was pretty excited when I used it the first time. Like many other LUSH products, a little goes a long way. I used way too much the first time, rubbing it all over my head. You only need to do a quick scrub of it in a few places and it lathers up super well! I, personally love the smell. I don't at all think its over powering. I wish the smell lingered a bit more after use, but that's okay. I noticed after my hair dried there was some volume to it that I normally seem to lack and my hair was SO soft. I did follow up with conditioner on my ends in the shower, but I honestly think this product made a huge difference after one use. The one thing I don't like about it though is trying to store it after use. I'm a bit unsure as to go about drying it out enough so it doesn't turn to mush. I bought one of their little tins but its so hard to open in the shower so I might get something else. I think I need to keep it out to dry a bit before I store it for next time. I'll defiantly go for this one again though. Very happy.

on 3/11/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever tried. It lathers like crazy, just as good as liquid shampoo. I don't mind the scent and I don't really know how to describe the scent. I'm not sure about the volumizing part but my hair is already naturally volumized. the seaweed does help condition a bit but I still need to follow up with conditioner. One thing about the product I don't like is the packaging. It doesn't come with any packaging so you have to use a little Tupperware or buy the tin which I don't suggest getting. The tin is very hard to open, especially if your hands are wet and slippery. You should always let this product dry completely or you'll end up with a blue pile of mush and most of it will have melted away, resulting in wasted product.

on 2/19/2013 11:24:00 PM

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever used, hands down. I'm a bit of a Lush fanatic and I LOVE that they offer solid shampoos. Seanik, being a solid shampoo, lasts FOREVER, lathers very easily, smells fresh and "clean," and makes my dry & damaged hair very soft and easy to manage. I haven't really noticed a benefit to my hair volume-wise, but that's not really why I use it. Also, the fact that is is almost all natural is a huge plus. It does cost about $13 a bar, so it's a little on the pricey side... but it's definitely worth it.

on 2/13/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this product.. I'm on a constant search for good volume shampoos and was really excited to see such great reviews on a natural volume shampoo, but I was severely let down by this product. I've been using it for a week and can't get myself to use it again. Extremely disappointed.

CONS:
- dried hair and scalp out like crazy
- NO volume for my limp, fine hair
- left my hair feeling filmy after styling
- Expensive

PROS:
- smells great

on 2/13/2013 12:29:00 AM

Yet another lush product I bought online without ever smelling before, and not being able to use because of the STRONG smell. It smells like chemical floor cleaner! I thought it'd smell slightly salty, ocean-y and fresh but nope not even close. I don't think I have a very sensitive nose but this gave me an instant headache. I can't imagine how strong it smells IN the shower?! Yuck. Smell in person before buying.

on 2/11/2013 5:08:00 PM

I really like Seanik. I get a very creamy, thick lather from it and the scent is really nice. A bit like Rub Rub Rub, but without the household cleaning product vibe. It's too bad the scent doesn't last in the hair. It cleanses my hair very well and leaves it soft and voluminous. It's a bit like a solid form of Big shampoo.
The only downside to this shampoo is that it leaves my scalp and the skin on my forehead quite dry and flaky.
I did say that I would buy it again, but first I think I will try another one of Lush's shampoo bars.

Popular Shampoos