April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I think I've used this solid shampoo enough times to tell you all how this was to my hair. My hair is very long coarse and really thick that is straight. My scalp is very oily and my ends are very dry I do tend to get split ends too but a trim will fix that. Now on to the review! I really wanted to like this bar I love the ocean and anything related to the sea. Unfortunately I didn't really like this bar. I thought it lathered great and the scent was okay it kinda reminds me of laundry detergent. When I use this bar I feel it cleans very well and it's harsh on my hair I feel like this dries my hair so bad that I get more split ends and my hair tangles more when I use this. Then this dries my scalp to the point I get dry patches and I can't help but pick at them thus causing dandruff which I normally don't get. I do like that my scalp feels very clean and I get great volume from using this product. Now I just use this when I need some deep cleansing to remove build up which I'm happy about but it's too harsh, maybe if lush lowered to SLS content in this it would be great. I don't like this product and I won't repurchase:(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kurtsblainey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazeballs!My hair was really damaged and quite flat and now my hairs' softer and fluffier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way it made my hair feel but hated the packaging. Left a mess in my bathtub even when I kept it in a soap dish.

PROS
- hair was soft & clean & shiny
- amazing scent
- perfect amount of sud
- did not strip hair dry

CONS
- did not last long
- expensive $10/pop
- packaging - groopy and melted away in no time
- sulfate

I like how it made my hair feel, might consider buying it again even though the package sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Dianashh

My favorite solid shampoo bar from Lush! I absolutely love the scent, makes lots of foam and dried the hair because my hair is kind of greasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

agreed with the person below, they use sodium laureth sulphate when they could have used lauryl (or the other way around?? theres one that is more gentle, the sulcate-free one)
it feels like i have used a clarifying shampoo and itsnt moisturising at all. The girl told me it would be mildly moisturising but it isn't, im guessing from the harsh sulphate content.
It smells so lovely and is blue with little seaweed bits in there.
it volumises my hair because it is so drying. I have dry ends, oily scalp so it doesnt help with my dry end situation. even if i condition with a heavy conditioner, theres no nice, shiny, slippery, moistursed feeling. I wouldnt purchase this one again, i would rather purchase another solid shampoo. its a cute little invention.
$13.95AUD for the puck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Why Lush does not start using milder sulphates like Sodium Laureth Sulphate instead of Sodium Laurel Sulphate (much, much harsher) is beyond me.

Pros:
Great Scent
Economical and ecological.

Cons:
Drying, color stripping shampoo. If you want to de grease your driveway, give it a shot. For those with oily and non-color treated hair this would work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jetdelumiere

After trying 80% of Lush's shampoo and thought i should give up, i fineally found the one that doesn't dry out my hair, the sale lady reccomend it to me along with the ultimate shine, i desiceded to go with it because so far sea weed seems to be give nice affect to my skin, and face, i tought maybe it would on the hair as well :).
the smell is nice and subtle, my waves are looks great after that, and it defintly give more body and healty look.
Just love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

I loved this shampoo for a little while, but overall it is too drying for normal hair. It left my hair feeling dry and stiff, as if I had just washed it with a regular bar of soap. Worse, after about a month of this, my hair started overproducing oil to compensate for the imbalance, so almost immediately after washing, I had nasty buildup. It got so bad that I considered going back to drugstore shampoos!

PROS
--- seems to be deep cleaning
--- probably ideal for oily hair
--- solid shampoo puck is easy to travel with & environmentally friendly

CONS
--- overly drying for normal/dry hair (like mine)
--- puck will easily disintegrate if water can pool around it
--- not moisturizing at all (like Lush's liquid shampoo Big)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by meganfbsu

I bought this product because it smells nice (herbal/sea smell) and it's supposed to be good for volume. The first few times I used the product I loved it. It's fun to use and it smells great. However, even after using it in between with other products, my hair became very dry. My split ends were more noticeable. This product might be great for people with oily hair but my hair tends to be dry already and this product made it much worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really did not like this shampoo. I have quite thin hair with barely any volume with dry ends and oily roots/scalp. I normally really like the lush shampoo bars but this one just didn't do it for me. It was supposed to add volume which this definitely didn't and it also made my roots get greasy after literally 2 hours. I won't be repurchasing this bar which is really annoying as I love the colour of it and the fact that it's 'ocean inspired'.