November 28, 2014 | 1982 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I've become a bit of a LUSH fanatic lately and I've been eyeing these up a bit. After spending a fair bit of time in there I finally just went for it with the help of a saleswoman and picked this one up. I was a bit nervous because a bar shampoo seems a bit nutty to me, but I do like the idea. I picked this one out because my hair tends to get greasy by the end of the day and I've gone a little colour crazy over the past years so my hair is quite dry and damaged. The big chunks of seaweed freaked me out to be honest, but alas. I'm pretty darn happy with my choice. I was pretty excited when I used it the first time. Like many other LUSH products, a little goes a long way. I used way too much the first time, rubbing it all over my head. You only need to do a quick scrub of it in a few places and it lathers up super well! I, personally love the smell. I don't at all think its over powering. I wish the smell lingered a bit more after use, but that's okay. I noticed after my hair dried there was some volume to it that I normally seem to lack and my hair was SO soft. I did follow up with conditioner on my ends in the shower, but I honestly think this product made a huge difference after one use. The one thing I don't like about it though is trying to store it after use. I'm a bit unsure as to go about drying it out enough so it doesn't turn to mush. I bought one of their little tins but its so hard to open in the shower so I might get something else. I think I need to keep it out to dry a bit before I store it for next time. I'll defiantly go for this one again though. Very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by 1432

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever tried. It lathers like crazy, just as good as liquid shampoo. I don't mind the scent and I don't really know how to describe the scent. I'm not sure about the volumizing part but my hair is already naturally volumized. the seaweed does help condition a bit but I still need to follow up with conditioner. One thing about the product I don't like is the packaging. It doesn't come with any packaging so you have to use a little Tupperware or buy the tin which I don't suggest getting. The tin is very hard to open, especially if your hands are wet and slippery. You should always let this product dry completely or you'll end up with a blue pile of mush and most of it will have melted away, resulting in wasted product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by gdtbsmcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever used, hands down. I'm a bit of a Lush fanatic and I LOVE that they offer solid shampoos. Seanik, being a solid shampoo, lasts FOREVER, lathers very easily, smells fresh and "clean," and makes my dry & damaged hair very soft and easy to manage. I haven't really noticed a benefit to my hair volume-wise, but that's not really why I use it. Also, the fact that is is almost all natural is a huge plus. It does cost about $13 a bar, so it's a little on the pricey side... but it's definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by melimae

I had really high hopes for this product.. I'm on a constant search for good volume shampoos and was really excited to see such great reviews on a natural volume shampoo, but I was severely let down by this product. I've been using it for a week and can't get myself to use it again. Extremely disappointed.

CONS:
- dried hair and scalp out like crazy
- NO volume for my limp, fine hair
- left my hair feeling filmy after styling
- Expensive

PROS:
- smells great

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yet another lush product I bought online without ever smelling before, and not being able to use because of the STRONG smell. It smells like chemical floor cleaner! I thought it'd smell slightly salty, ocean-y and fresh but nope not even close. I don't think I have a very sensitive nose but this gave me an instant headache. I can't imagine how strong it smells IN the shower?! Yuck. Smell in person before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like Seanik. I get a very creamy, thick lather from it and the scent is really nice. A bit like Rub Rub Rub, but without the household cleaning product vibe. It's too bad the scent doesn't last in the hair. It cleanses my hair very well and leaves it soft and voluminous. It's a bit like a solid form of Big shampoo.
The only downside to this shampoo is that it leaves my scalp and the skin on my forehead quite dry and flaky.
I did say that I would buy it again, but first I think I will try another one of Lush's shampoo bars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favorite shampoo in the world! My hair is always so soft and CLEAN after use! The fragrance is amazing and fresh, and I can't get enough of Seanik. It took me about 3 months to get through one bar, but it definitely would have lasted longer had I took better care of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I think I've used this solid shampoo enough times to tell you all how this was to my hair. My hair is very long coarse and really thick that is straight. My scalp is very oily and my ends are very dry I do tend to get split ends too but a trim will fix that. Now on to the review! I really wanted to like this bar I love the ocean and anything related to the sea. Unfortunately I didn't really like this bar. I thought it lathered great and the scent was okay it kinda reminds me of laundry detergent. When I use this bar I feel it cleans very well and it's harsh on my hair I feel like this dries my hair so bad that I get more split ends and my hair tangles more when I use this. Then this dries my scalp to the point I get dry patches and I can't help but pick at them thus causing dandruff which I normally don't get. I do like that my scalp feels very clean and I get great volume from using this product. Now I just use this when I need some deep cleansing to remove build up which I'm happy about but it's too harsh, maybe if lush lowered to SLS content in this it would be great. I don't like this product and I won't repurchase:(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kurtsblainey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazeballs!My hair was really damaged and quite flat and now my hairs' softer and fluffier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way it made my hair feel but hated the packaging. Left a mess in my bathtub even when I kept it in a soap dish.

PROS
- hair was soft & clean & shiny
- amazing scent
- perfect amount of sud
- did not strip hair dry

CONS
- did not last long
- expensive $10/pop
- packaging - groopy and melted away in no time
- sulfate

I like how it made my hair feel, might consider buying it again even though the package sucks.