April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in I20 (Ivory) which is like the Ivory of Chanel Matte Lumiere (lightest shade available in Europe) only not so yellowish. I would call a neutral fndtion that on pale skin it gives you that slightly tan look. So it will not give u PPP porcelain and there is no lighter than I20.
But I bought it on sales and I must say it is better than others (much better than Chanel imho). The finish is buildable and is soft matte, not matte and not shiny either. It has hydrating properties so for the oilier zones you need powder.
The particles are very fine and so it is easy to blend and does not settle in any lines not even forehead lines from too much raising eyebrows (which is rare since many fndtions claim this like Chanel, but they don't perform). Love the smell (Shiseido typical) and color too. My only complaint is that for me (combo skin) it does not last all day - by midday I need touchups.
I also love to wear my hair down, I have layers that touch my cheeks and hm.. sometimes it smudges off there.
BUT it is the best stick foundation I have ever tried, very good for winter too (the slight yellow neutralizes the red, while the slight pink gives it a natural look).
I would give it a five but for smudging of so easily I just have to take 2points out. This is just because I KNOW you can do better, Shiseido!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Shivaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I'm not in the mood for liquid foundation (read; spending more time on my make up), I use this stick.
As a matter of fact, I like it so much, I have it in several colors, from B40 in summer, to I40 in winter.
These colors melt into my skin, stay all day, and give a satin finish look.
My skin is normal, with some dryer spots at the cheeks, and some oilier parts on forehead and nose. With a little bit of powder during the day I stay spotless.
I even use it as a concealer under my eyes. It glides wonderful over a moisturizing eyecream.
Will buy again when finishing this product, love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I20 is bit too dark but that was the closest match for my skin color. I am MAC 20-25, Makeup Forever Face and Body #20 Ivory, Laura Mercier TM Nude.

The difference between Bobbi Brown stick foundation and the Shiseido stick foundation is that the Shiseido stick foundation is very natural finish, light, not very heavy, nor greasy, has some SPF. You also do not need primer. I just tossed the BB one after using it few times.

What I don't like about the Shiseido makeup is the smell and the package design. I give this product 4.5 rating.

In the morning,
I wash my face, put some moisturizer with SPF, no primer, and this stick foundation.
I powder with MAC Prep & Prime finishing powder.

It is so easy and quick to apply, perfect for busy morning. I spend about 5 -10 minutes for makeup in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I like this! It feels really nice on the skin and I love the stick idea. It is so much cleaner than using a sponge and doesn't spill like mmu. It lasts all day, but I do use a bit of powder at lunchtime. My skin hasn't broken out with this at all which is a miracle. Coverage is easy to build and it really melts into my skin. The colour is perfect too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I just started using this a week ago. I love it! I have oily, acne prone skin and so far this works well. It has kaolin clay in it which is very soothing and helps absorb oil. A couple of times I have used powder half way through the day, but that is just force of habit. I think the stick is actually more sanitary than people think. It's the same idea as a lipstick where the make up comes off leaving the stick clean. Maybe. I just know I can't use any kind of compact with a sponge as that is really unsanitary! My only concern is that this company still does some animal testing. I thought I had this one on my list of cruetly free, but I checked and they are just phasing it out :( I will finish this one, but will try a different stick next time until 2013 when Shiseido stops testing completely. Maybe Bobbi Brown. Anyway the coverage is good and it melts into my skin. I blend with fingers and then buff with my face brush. No break outs and I love the feel of it. It is quicker than my usual mmu which I needed a break from:) So thumbs up and at least they are phasing out the animal testing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this once several years ago but it sat in the drawer because the color match just wasn't right. Recently I pulled it out and tried it again, loved the texture, blendability and sheer/mod coverage, but the color still wasn't right. I am an NW20 and the old one was I20, which was just a bit too yellow. Love the Shiseido sun protection SPF42 makeup when I spend the day in the sun, so decided to try another color in the stick foundation. Matched to B20, which I felt was too pink in the tube, but voila! A match! Really looks great, I apply right after my moisturizer using a sponge, blend in quickly and my skin looks beautiful. I don't usually use it everywhere, just around the cheeks/nose/eye area because I often wear a mask at work. Several people have commented how beautiful my skin is lately, but it's the foundation. I apply with a sponge to keep the coverage a little bit sheerer. This foundation doesn't oxidize or change color on me ever. Today I went to an outdoor park and it was 105 degrees. I sweat like crazy, and while the makeup had worn off, it did so evenly, so there were no blotches and I still looked okay. It's expensive for what you get, but I don't use tons and worth it for a good color match. Definitely would buy again..
UPDATE: Knocked a lippie off cause I noticed that I started breaking out every time I wore it (and I am in my 50's so don't break out normally). I think it's still a great product, but my skin is changing..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mystar456

I bought it last week and i do use it every day.
It gives u a nice satin matt finish.
I would say that it has medium coverage but u can build it to full coverage.
For reference, i am an NC 37- 40 in MAC and i use O60.
This color matches my skintone perfectly because it has strong yellow tone in it.I would say if you have dry skin this foundation is nothing for you

EDIT: I broke out like crazy. hate the spf in it. and it cloged the pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

apart from Chanel ML this foundation gives me the perfect colour match when I start to have tanned colour. O60 is amazingly melting into my skin, not lasting too long though but soo fantastic product that i can see it will become a staple easily :)))))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kbabe44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MELTS into skin. i love that it's so portable too. i'm terrible when it comes to building coverage with foundation but it's so easy with this stick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stick is good for normal/combo skin. For dry skin, it might emphasize flakiness, For oily skin, it would oil up ur face just in 1 hr n clogs pores so bad may cause by its thick, creamy texture. It covers my ance, red spots perfectly, n it glides easily n quickly. The package is also convenient to bring everywhere. But I have to say goodbye to it because of a lot of break outs every time I applied it :( although they claim "non comedogenic" on the package. Its not true always!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No