October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fiberartist219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the very few eye primers that you will find that has hygienic packaging. Other primers have a doe foot applicator, which just dips germs back into the product. With this type of packaging, you squeeze out fresh, clean, product every time.

The product itself works well. It goes on smooth. It takes awhile to dry. If you put eyeliner on while it's wet, it just smudges and doesn't stick. I like to put the primer on first, then brush my hair or whatever while it's drying.

I have a lot of problems with eye irritation, and it's nice to find products that are clean and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. The packaging is really small but you only need a half a pea size to cover BOTH of your eyes. It makes my eyeshadow last all day with no creasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried almost every eye primer and this is the best. It helps your powder eyeshadow last most of the day without creasing and makes whatever eyeshadow you put on more vivid (but all of them do that). What makes Mary Kay's Primer stand out is how it works with cream shadows. This is the only eye primer which allows me to wear any cream shadow I want without creasing or fading ALL DAY. This is a miracle, and am on maybe my 4th bottle. In fact, I don't use Mary Kay Products, not really a fan, but I have a Mary Kay lady just so she can keep me stocked on eye primer ^-^

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily eyelids and this primer makes my eyeshadow last most of the day. It has kept my eye shadow from creasing, but it does not last all the way into the evening hours. Still, that's pretty good for me. It does not go on as smoothly as Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but I like the little tube better that UDPP funky little bottle. It takes up less space in my makeup kit. Besides, I find the UDPP applicator useless. Over all, I think UDPP is a little better and goes on smoother, but the difference is minimal. I would buy Mary Kay's eye primer again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's ok. But I put it on, wait to let it dry while putting on my foundation and blush, and when I go back to it, the primer itself has creased. I have tried varying the amount I put on, but it creases. It makes my shadow last a little longer, but creases much faster than I would expect. Not something I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Use it every day. I love this primer! I used to use Urban Decay's primer or tarte's primer, but the MK primer blows them out of the water. Dries evenly, isn't tacky, allows for blending and lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by PerfectMistake

My sister used this on me when she was practicing her rather impressive make-up artist skills. She did a beautiful, elaborate eye on me and the primer really made it look smooth, even and lovely. I went out with a girl friend for the night and when I woke up the next morning, my eyes were almost still in perfect condition. I was SO shocked. I told my sister about it and she said "The same thing happened to me except I even cried the night before!" I was always a UDPP when it came to eye primers, there was no way around it. I tried Two Faced and wasn't a fan, nor was I a fan of MAC's prep+prime (even though I am a die hard MAC girl). Now...there is no way you can tear me away from MK's Eye Primer!! I use it every day with no issues. I do wish it was easier on the bank account, but I never mind spending the money because it's worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by solto

Really good product, but I have a allergy to it, so I will never purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing I will buy again from MK in the future besides lipsticks... LOVE IT!!!!... When I bought it the first time, I had doubts and said "But, I don't have very oily eyelids...". This primer made a huge difference, colors became more intense and the staying!!!! Uff... AWESOME... I can be very tired, sweaty, angry, hungry at the end of the day... BUT my eyes... intact!

I'm using my second tube because the first tube lasted me... 5 years!!!! No kidding!!! using it almost daily... and the product was in perfect condition until the end!!! (I think it is because of the package).

I have been at parties all night long, come back home, sleep, awake and my eyeshadows perfect, maybe with my cheeks stained with eyeliner...and eyelashes a little bent....

I don't sell it, I don't like the skin care of the brand, nor the eyeshadows anymore... I will just come back to this brand for this primers and some lipsticks...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is, by far, one of my favourite MK products! I only need the tiniest amount for each eyelid and I'm all set to apply shadow. I tend to have oily eyelids but I have ZERO creases when I use this product and the effects last all day and into the night. I also find that my shadows appear more pigmented when used in conjunction with this primer (I won't touch my 88 palette without using this first!). On the few occasions where I've come home from a big night and passed out without removing my makeup (ew, I know -it doesn't happen often!), I have woken up with perfectly intact eyes. I'm surprised to read that many reviewers have had sensitive reactions - I have uber-sensitive skin but have never had any issues with this product! I have several primers in my stash (Urban Decay, Too Faced, Benefit, etc...), but I reach for this one most often.

(Just for the record, I'm not an MK seller! I have mixed feelings about the brand, itself, but I'll never stop buying this primer!)