August 30, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Teint Dior Eclat Satin Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ropey

This review is for the diorskin eclat satin. I wouldn't buy this foundation again.
Firstly the colours choices are BAD, either too rosy or too orange/yellow and I even have a yellow undertone in my skin.
I bought #300 which seemed to match in the shop, but once on at home eek! so orange on my NW20 skin.
Not keen on the smell either, it is very perfumed and puts me off.
I find it hard to blend too, it seems to set really quickly.
The foundation is way to moisturising for my skin and doesn't really stay put all that long, I have a few small burst blood vessels on my face which were easily covered by my last foundation but not with this one. I wouldn't buy this foundation again.
Not worth its expensive price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

I felt like such a fool when my sister's drug store foundation outperformed this in every way. It is way too peachy and does not absorb very well. I WANT MY MONEY BACK

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LeisyB

I am unsure whether people are reviewing Teint Dior Eclat Satin or Diorskin Eclat Satin (the new version), my review is for Diorskin Eclat Satin. This foundation does give a lovely satiny finish but I do find it quite difficult to blend. I think that you do need to wait until your moisturiser has completely absorbed before applying this foundation and need to gently press into the skin to avoid getting streaks, which can be quite time consuming. The end result does look very nice I would describe the coverage as medium although Dior market this foundation as being full coverage. It looks natural and fresh. It is very hydrating which is the reason I wanted to try it, but it does feel a little sticky on my combo skin and I need to set with powder it doesn't last that long and I need to touch up during the day. 200 Light Beige is a good match for me but slightly too peachy. I prefer the consistency and staying power of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra but may go back to it from time to time in winter when my skin will appreciate the hydrating properties more. No SPF protection but that is good if you are wearing it out at night and for photos. It is very highly fragranced a weird old lady smell but great pump glass bottle packaging. A good foundation I recommend it for more normal-dry skin, not HG material for me though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dahlialover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. I was looking for a satin-y but not oily finish for my skin as it gets drier in winter. I also wanted medium coverage that would look completely natural and meld with my skin. This foundation delivers 100%. It doesn't accentuate any of my skin's flaws, but it does smooth everything out and make me look radiant. It's easy to apply and feels very silky with wonderful slip but it also becomes one with my skin instead of just sitting on top of it looking obvious. I set it with a tiny bit of Laura Mercier loose powder.

There is a fragrance to it, and normally I abhore fragrance, but this one doesn't bother me. The fragrance dissipates quickly.

There is a great range of warm, neutral and cool shades. The only problem is that if you have fair skin, you might find the lightest shade, ivory, is too light and the next lightest beige shades too dark. My recommendation to Dior is to add a shade or two between the ivory and the beiges.

This foundation is very good for normal to dry skin, and even if your skin is a little bit oily, I still think it's worth a try. Only the super oily should avoid this.

In some ways, this reminds me a lot of MAC's old satin finish foundation (not the new mineral one) except it has more coverage than the old MAC had and is a little bit less emollient.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by helloh4nn4h

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i purchased this product a couple of weeks ago online. when i used it, it left my skin with a horrible reaction.
what i like about it is that it was very hydrating on my skin and very smooth. however, i think the fragrance made me get the reaction. this might be a good product for people with dry skin and who are not sensitive to fragrances on their skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by rucci80

This product is sub standard, although i'd opt to try somthing similar like loreal or covergirl instead- only because there seemed no difference in texture, coverage, and smell. There was an abundant amount so it seems you get quantity with the price! (Around AUD$78-88). But there was nothing flash or eye opening about this foundation.

The only plus was the packaging was simple and easy to use with a little stick at the end of the lid. The product had a big opening, which when the foundation runs out its big enough to put your fingers in to get all the extra bits out, or a cotton bud so you dont waste any.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I bought this because I found Lancome Teint Idole Ultra to be a little drying on my cheeks. The SA matched me on 200 (Light Beige) which is a near-perfect shade for my yellow undertoned, oriental skin. It's very moisturising which I like because I do have some dry flakes on my cheeks and Dior Eclat Satin goes over them very nicely and smoothly. Coverage is medium to full depending on how much you use. I totally love it..... Combined with Dior Anticerne concealer it works like a dream!! Flawless, sophisticated looking skin. There are 2 things about Eclat Satin which I think could be improved upon. 1) The really strong, not-so-pleasant fragrance!!!! 2) SPF protection. But since i like the finish SOOO much I still gave it 5 lippies!!!! Will repurchase unless I find something better! EDIT: Took one lippie off because I highly suspect this to be causing breakouts =( Not horrible cystic spots but little white bumps over my cheek areas. Only get them when I'm using Eclat Satin coupled with the Anticerne concealer so I'm afraid this IS the culprit!!!! =(((( It's a shame cause it's a beautiful foundation that gives a lovely, semi-dewy finish that looks really glowy and sophisticated. I'll probably still use it when I want to look good and put up with the nasty white bumps after! Won't repurchase though...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by spasovski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great even coverage with just a subtle hint of luminous. Won't set into pores and you don't really even need to use powder after. My skin has never looked better. My girlfriends compliment me on how my complexion glows. I have tried everything from Nars to Laura Mercier to Cinema Secrets and this is by far my favorite foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Number 100 was still too orange/yellow on my very pale skin. And I did not like the feel, or coverage at all. Luckily I only had a sample. The only good thing, is that this comes in a pump if you purchase it in a regular size. I am going to try Prescriptives Custom Blend. I have been searching high and low for HG foundation since starting the periomenopause thing. I am done- and now and willing to pay the price for a color match!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lancana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this could be a pretty great foundation for those of you with normal to oily skin! However, my skin is rather dry, so it wasn't really all that perfect for me because it felt a (little) bit too drying.
It has a good staying power, somewhere around medium coverage and a nice radiant, but matt-ish finish.
Number 100, the lightest shade available, was to my suprise a bit too light for me. (Altough Pure Light version in #100 was just perfect.)
So, if your skin is not on the dry side I would definitely encourage you to try this one :)
For me, unfortunately, the quest continuous...