April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a toner/treatment for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. While it didn't work well for that purpose, I do love it as a clarifying hair rinse and mixed with Healing clay as a masque! I tried it a few times by applying it as a toner with a cotton ball all over my face and neck..I was super sad that it broke me out and left my sensitive skin raw and irritated:( so if you're sensitive then this is best used sparingly or not on your face at all. But it works wonders for a hair rinse, it's so thorough and cleansing I can feel the gunk washing itself out of my hair, sounds weird but true! I put Braggs in a spray bottle and focus on my roots and underneath hair where I get product build up, massage it in, then rinse out and the results are stunning. Hair that shines for days:)) ACV works when mixed with healing clay as well for a penetrating face mask, just don't leave it on for too long or apply too often (once a week max) or it may aggravate tender, sensitive skin. Just my two cents! Natural remedies are great as most people have the ingredients already and this saves me money because I no longer buy clarifying shampoo. In the summer, this is also my go-to remedy for a nasty sunburn, I rub it all over the affected ares before bed and the pain/swelling subsides by morning; although you'll probably be sleeping alone because the smell is potent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate the smell of apple cider vinegar, but I'm 62 and for years I've had some cystic acne on my forehead that just won't go away, even with the treatment regimen prescribed by my derm. I scoffed at all of the reviews extoling the virtues of ACV (irrespective of brand). But then I figured, what do I have to lose? I poured some ACV into a small bottle and stuck it in my bathroom, and started applying a bit as a toner twice a day. Two days later, the cysts were noticeably smaller, and two weeks later, they're almost unnoticeable. I don't know if they'll go away entirely, but I'll keep using the ACV for a few months and find out. It makes my pores look smaller and my skin softer as well (and I use Avene Mattifying Fluid as well).

I also have a painful, itchy eczema on my neck (flares up from stress and dairy products), for which my derm prescribed hydrocortisone and Epiceram (Avene Trixera Emollient Balm works better and is much cheaper). I don't like using hydrocortisone (it can thin your skin and it can be absorbed into your body), so I decided to try dabbing on some ACV instead. It's not working as fast as the hydrocortisone, but the rash seems to have calmed down. I'll update in a few months if it continues to improve.

Thanks to all the MUA reviewers. You have better sense than the "experts."

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Amia0802

I have been using ACV (braggs) as a toner for about a year now. I love love love this stuff. It has so many external and internal health benefits. I used to have very oily acne prone skin. Now I only get the occasional small pimple. I gave up chemical filled facial products and now use Organic raw honey as a face wash and ACV as a toner, with the occasional use of coconut oil as a moisturizer. I will never go back to all the bottles of face wash and skin care products that never worked.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

mixed 2 tablespoons of acv and a cup of water and i rinsed my hair in it and let it soak in for maybe 5 minutes before i do my usual shampooing and conditioning. ive only used it for a day and i guess my hair does feel softer but not shinier.

i'll try a heavier dosage tonight!

as a toner it didnt make much of a difference to my skin. i was using pure lemon juice before this and IMO lemon feels better somehow. will try it alternately perhaps.

it does stink up the entire bedroom and i keep getting whiffs of it.

i only wash my hair once everyday and only before i sleep so at least i am not putting off potential suitors LOL just kidding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow this stuff smells amazing!!!
JUST KIDDING. It smells like the feet of Satan.

However, aside from the smell, ACV is my absolute lifesaver.

I have moderate acne, and my grandma recommended this to me to clear it up. I use a 1:1 ratio of ACV and H20, and it bless the heavens my face is clear as the wide open skies.

As a matter of fact, I had a blemish the other day that was the size of an adult CRAKEN, and three days later, it is completely GONE.

I also rinse my hair with this with the same ratio at least 3x a week, and it leaves it so soft. Like softer than being caught up in a hug between a chinchilla and the Snuggle bear.
YES IT IS THAT SOFT.

I highly recommend using this, it is an absolute godsend for me!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A shot a day keeps the doctor away!!!

I truly swear by this stuff. Go to whole foods and you can buy a gallon for less than 18 dollars. This helps circulation, clears skin.

Justmake sure to drink with a bunch of water or you will get a stomach ache

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEYOND LOVE this stuff!!!! I picked up the gallon at whole foods for like 20 dollars for over 200 servings. I truly feel healthier, more energized, and have seen a difference in my complexion after 3 weeks of 2 tbs a day. Very happy with this. It is bitter but I learned to love the flavor :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by shabashi

i stock up
on two bottles a month
i use it
on EVERYTHING food meals
drinks salads wow
my fav water cayenne pepper and the bragg acv amazingggg for weight loss yeast infection
i dont wanna braggggg lol but i swear i know my stuff
im
never had acne
i
tried
everything
my bf musta thought i was nuts but in a good
way
hours
on my face crying depressed spent
hundreds
of dollars and hourssss on home remedies
here is my number one choice for acne
apple cider vinegar after i wash my face with clinique exfoliating scrub its a little rough the scrub so u gotta find one that suits u
me i love the way it feels and renews my cells
i tried apples baking soda clay mask u nameeeee it
bragg acv and lemon juice get rid of the acne scars but acv especially for acne
omgggggg finally something that works
i do photoshoots and thought my days were over acne
took over my life and sometimes i use tea
tree oil maybe that can help u
but always go the natural
route
i use acv in my bath food hair
complete addiction and i am a product freak
it takes maybe a month to
work fully i have so many home
remedies for
everything
dont be shy to email me
at leonasun29@hotmail.com
ill be more than happy to
answer any of
your questions ;) about anything
i have discovered so much just by researching on pills whats real
whats not and i need to
give back to the world so inbox me and im sure i can help
whats the point
in keeping all this information if
i cant
share nor help right?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

Where to begin...
I put 2 TBsp of Bragg's in my cake mix before baking (makes it so moist)
I use it as a toner (half Bragg's, half distilled water)
I use it on my granddaughter's bum when she gets a yeast infection (again, half and half)
I use it in my Mocha machine to clean it
I rinse my hair with it (so soft!)
I use it in my front loader washing machine to get any odors out
I use it on laundry that I've accidentally forgotten to take out of the washing machine (gets that icky, moldy smell out) Yes, I've been lazy and forgotten to move the laundry to the dryer lol oops 1 cup in the rinse cycle does the trick.
My teenagers use it for body/face acne

The list is endless really. The stuff is awesome!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by bchristine

TRY THIS! I never review anything but this is worth it. Since I started using this as a toner with the Acne.org BP treatment my face has never been better and I KNOW it's because of ACV!
I have always struggled with my acne and this is the only thing that has kept me consistently clear. I have been using it for a solid 8 months now. This also helps lighten dark marks. I get dark marks when a pimple appears and I don't even touch it - so unfair! But the ACV helps so much. Yes, it does smell weird. My boyfriend hates it and says my face smells like a foot but it fades eventually and it's worth it.
My ACV recipe is 1. 60% ACV and 40% distilled water OR 2. 60% ACV and 40% organic PLAIN green tea (if you do put green tea in it be sure to refrigerate it!) I have been using the green tea version lately. If you have very sensitive skin you can dilute it even more to where the ACV is only 30%
Here's my routine:
1. Wash face with dove sensitive skin bar soap with clarisonic
2. Apply ACV toner with cotton ball
3. Acne.org BP treatment
4. Daytime - almond aloe moisturizer
Nightime - The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion

Bottom line - it's definitely worth a try, I can't imagine ever not using it

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No