September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by CatherineTramell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For 4 months I have had a patch on my left cheek that has consistantly had cystic acne. It started out stress related and I thought it would subside. But no...as soon as one of them starts fading and becomes less inflamed a new one pops ups. Im at my wits end. I have tried otc creams, prescription creams, every home remedy in the book. I DONT pick on it as you might think. To no avail. Then I stumbled across these reviews and figured I had nothing to loose. I already use ACV as a hair rinse with great results but I was afraid to put it on my face because it seemed harsh.

So I diluted it with water (50/50) and dabbed it on the area. I let it dry and then I put on my regular lotion. After one day the redness was visibly fading. After two days the bumps were less protruding. After three days the big stubborn one surfaced and I could finally pop it. I am very pleased!

I have also noticed that the skin around these pimples is tighter and more clear. When the situation is under control I will start experimenting with dabbing ACV on larger areas of the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After slacking off on my sunscreen application and getting a bad sunburn at the begining of the year I've struggled with breakouts, flaking, dry irritated patches of skin and angular chelitis. Finally went to the Derm and shelled out a ton of money on various recommended products and Rx's. Almost no results. After some serious frustration I decided to ditch the Derm's products and to incorporate ACV diluted as a toner. I've used this successfully for years mixed in shampoo and conditioner to treat flakey scalp on my kids. Couldn't hurt. After the second application the flakey patches were gone and the angular chelitis was under control. On a follow up visit to the Derm he confirmed that ACV was an excellent natural treatment for many skin conditions and to keep using it daily. He said that conditions like Chelitis occur when yeast gets trapped in moist damaged skin. The AVC must work by changing the PH of your skin enough to make it inhospitable. I have to dilute this because using it straight is irritating so I currently use a 3:1 mix of lavendar hydrosol (because I happened to have some) and ACV. Distilled water I'm sure would be fine too. Can't go wrong with a dirt cheap natural product that gets results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

OMG!!!! this cured my acne!!!!! I had moderate to moderately severe acne after I started using this as a toner I have yet to get a pimple! its crazy to think something as simple as this is so effective. I could have saved a lot of money and scarring a long time ago. I used proactive, oral antibiotics, over the counter topicals, also prescription topicals . and this has outdone them all by far!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I use Target's generic brand Apple Cider vinegar and it is amazing! It has 5% acidity if anyone is curious. It cleans my skin and pores so well after I cleanse. It has lessened up my acne drastically and is a staple in my routine. I moisten a cotton ball and wipe on my face night and day and follow with moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as part of my toner as well as a conditioner for my hair (I'm doing the no-poo method right now...) It really fades acne scars! No, really! It also helps prevent oil and won't irritate your skin. Best toner. Make sure to dilute a bit.
As for hair, it does make it shiny. I plan to do the baking soda and ACV wash two-three times a week, and hopefully in a month or so my hair will look great.
HOPEFULLY.
Wish me luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ACV, you are a great addition to homemade salad dressing, but as a beauty product you leave much to be desired.

Two lippies because, although you do not clarify my scalp or clear my acne, you shine when mixed with olive oil, shallots, and spices.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using apple cider vinegar or a 50/50 blend with regular vinegar to clarify my hair and scalp for the past ten years. I no longer get any product buildup and never get winter dandruff EVER. No need for a clarifying shampoo anymore. I simply lather up my head and add the vinegar right into the sudsy hair and gently rub and leave in for a couple minutes. I have tried using it just as a rinse but I prefer it mixed into the shampoo. I only do this about once a week when my body is out of the tub and I'm strictly washing my hair.

Years back I occasionally used it as replacement for over the counter douche products when something was out of balance and it worked like a charm to get everything back in balance.

I have used it as a facial toner when I was younger-- not so good at my age now but I do take oral apple cider vinegar for weight management.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by livetofly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product. I use it after I was with Dr. Bronner's castile soap, then follow with jojoba oil. It stinks for a couple minutes, but after it dries, there is no scent. I've never had more compliments on my skin. I've been using it as my main toner for five months. I use it about 3 times a week and a couple nights a week I use Paula's Choice 1% gel (also bad to the bone). Some nights I skip the toner completely and just use oil if I feel my skin getting too dry. Put a little on a flat cotton pad and wop

I can't use this in the day. Only at night.

My Skin History:
Developed severe acne at age 19. Tried a lot of products until finding the Clinique Three Step System. Went through each level of toner for six weeks (there's four) in combination with the moisturizing gel and a gentle Cetaphil cleanser. Cleared me completely of blackheads and zits, but left the skin pink (like a sunburn). I slowly started transitioning to natural products. Tried witch hazel- didn't work for me. I used Paula's Choice gels as a main exfoliant but now have switched to ACV. Eventually switched to oil as a moisturizer with amazing results. I've tried grapeseed oil, olive oil, and jojoba. I hear squalane oil is even better. My skin has never looked better!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The reason I use this is my seborrheic dermatitis.

My skin is combo skin with oily t-zone, sensitive with SD and rosacea, hyperpigmentation and breakouts /clogged pores.

I suffer from a lighter form of serborrheic dermatitis (SD) and rosacea since 2013 and OTC or RX treatments for my SD left my skin burning and uncomfortable. I tried Nizoral and even prescripted anti-fungals with cortisone. None of this stuff worked and it literally burned my skin.

I did some research and found ACV as a natural remedy for SD. Iīm not much of a DIY type when it comes to skincare, but I bought a bottle of organic ACV.

I dilute it 1:5 or 1:4 depending on how sensitive my skin is currently. Tougher skins may tolerate a higher ratio of ACV, but Iīd recommend starting slow.

I use it as a toner on my face, mostly on my forehead, hairline, nose and chin, where my SD appears. I let it sit for a few minutes while brushing my teeth and wash it off. Whether you wash it off, is depending on your skinīs needs. I usually apply tea tree oil highly diluted by mixing it with my moisturizer over these areas too, so I donīt want to go overboard with my sensitive skin.I donīt use it on my cheeks as they tend to be drier and more prone ot rosacea. The ACV never bothered my rosacea though.

The ACV toner tends to be drying on my skin, which is another reason to use it highly diluted in my case.

It works for my skin and helps me fighting an acute SD flare. But when you have SD, thereīs no guarantee that this works for you as SD sufferers respond very individually to treatments. For some like me, this might be the solution, for others, anti-fungals may work better.

A word of warning here: ACV contains a form of AHA and can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure , so please use sunscreen when you use it all over your face as you should do with every other AHA or BHA. I use spf 30 or 50 every day.
Several sources on the internet recommended washing off the ACV before going in the sun as it may leave dark spots. I follow this advice. Better be safe than sorry.

Iīd recommend this as it helped me with my SD while not bothering my overly sensitive skin.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tue45892

This stuff is AMAZING. I've been dabbing it (undiluted) on spots a few times a day and they have shrank SIGNIFICANTLY. It even takes the redness out of spots that are already scabbing over.

In addition, I've been mixing a few tablespoons with stevia-sweetened ginger ale. Not only does it help digestion, but my stomach is so flat now! I usually have a problem with bloating after I eat, but not when I consume this!

I bought a big bottle of Bragg's for $5 or so at Whole Foods. Best $5 I've ever spent.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No