July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I just bought this product this evening as I was looking for a face mask that can calm my pimples. A few of them just popped out near my temple and cheek area after using Lush's Herbalism for a week or so. So I needed something that can calm and smoothen my skin.

Lush is quite expensive in Singapore, but that wouldn't stop us Lushies from getting their nice smelling stuffs.

First Impression: Mask felt and looked so good to eat, like ice cream in a tub. Smells delicious as well - Blueberry with a tinge of rose fragrance.

Application: Easy to apply. I left it on for about 5-7 minutes and wash off. Easy to wash off as well.

Today's the first time, so I can't really comment as to if I should buy it again although I am in love with the smell. My skin feels so good and soft now, it also has a matte finish and a soft glow that I like. I hope it doesn't break out on me!

EDIT: I gave this product from a 3 to 5 lippies as it is really awesome. After trying so many masks, this is the only one that can combat acne, oily skin, dry skin - everything! Plus, it gives you a bang for your buck because it is so gentle to use it everyday. Also, it is one product that will give you a velvety complexion and super smooth skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and sensitive skin, and I'm still looking for the go-to Lush mask. I decided to try Catastrophe Cosmetic because the saleswoman said it was good for reducing redness and calming the skin (it has calamine powder in it, I think). So I bought it.

Reviews here said that it would leave a talc powder on my face but it did not.

Consistency: By far the easiest Lush mask to put on. It goes on so smoothly. No patches. No mess. And it hardens after 10-15 minutes.

Smell: It smells like blueberries and roses, and to be honest, it smells absolutely divine. I almost didn't want to take it off!

Taking it off: Easy. Unlike the Mask of Magnaminty! This one doesn't take a lot of elbow grease.

Aftermath: This is not a miracle product. I still prefer other Lush masks. Afterwards my face feels hydrated and smooth but I see no difference in my overall appearance. It's just a face mask for the sake of being a face mask. I would not repurchase, but good for a light weekly face mask to give the skin a break.

***********

EDIT! I started breaking out with small red dots and small pimples all over my cheeks! Gah, my face has never been in a worse condition. Catastrophe indeed! Thank god Lush can trade for another face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I have used about 3 of the lush masks several times now and this one is my absolute favourite! It's such an amazing face mask and really soothes my skin. I have hyper pigmentation, scarring and redness all over my face . I usually put this on before having a shower and because it's so cold it just calms my skin down immediately! I take it off and my skin actually looks better. I love this stuff and would seriously recommend it if your prone to break outs !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RoxieHeart

This mask smells nice and didn't do my skin any harm but that's about the best I can say. I didn't feel like it did my skin any good. It dried it out a bit and left a white chalky coating that was a nightmare to wash off. The bits of blueberry in it seemed pointless and just made it more difficult to apply and wash off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by AFellowMakeupNewb

So I get really bad inflammation all over my cheeks/nose/chin and red, irritated cysts on my jawline during the week before my period begins. This time it got worse than usual. To the point where I didn't want to even go and buy a product to try and help my skin.

I bought this based on the reviews in here and on the Lush website. But mostly the reviews in here, because obviously people on the Lush website are obsessed with the product already :)

I used it once last night. I will definitely review again when I use it after a couple weeks. It smells lovely and feels great. I've got super super sensitive skin and this did not tingle or make my skin feel weird or parched while it dried. It dries nicely and smells fantastic the entire time. Washing it off is a bit of a pain in the butt because of the talc. I rinsed it off, dried my face, and realized I had the powder alllll over my face. I ended up having to use my regular cleanser and giving a little oomph to scrubbing the crevices around my nose and on my chin to get the stuff off. It was still there! I put on my usual moisturizer and the talc kind of ate it up but when I woke up this morning I didn't feel dried out. I was balanced! Not too much shine either.

Soooo the results: I can't say it's super life-changing. It calmed my skin a little bit, but my acne is still super inflamed and mad (but this isn't an acne mask). I am mostly impressed that it left my skin feeling balanced. I have combination skin and mild rosacea. My skin freaks out about pretty much anything....but not this mask! So, I will give it props there. Usually when I use a mask I have whiteheads the next day. Only one little bitty teensie weensie white head and that could have been form me touching my face in my sleep (yeah, my skin sucks). Like I said before, I will give this another review once I've used it for a few weeks.

Side note: the container was 11.50 euros (I'm in France) and it lasts a month. She said to toss it after 30 days. Also, it can be used up to three times a week. And it must be refridgerated!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by secondlaw94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, oily, spotty skin, and OMG THS IS AMAZING. It's so PERFECT for my skin.
It smells sooooo good - and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like blueberries (lol!) I apply it with clean hands, wait around 15m and wash it off. This can be a little messy.
The results? Clean, refreshed, clear skin that looks and feels amazing.
If you've got sensitive skin, then don't worry about this. Mine is super sensitive, and loved this mask. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easily one of the best Lush masks and I've tried almost all of them! It smells amazing - instantly calms me down, and it's not as messy as all the other masks. It dries fast and washes off very easily (obviously you'll still have to rinse your sink). It does leave a talc-ish powder on your face afterwards but since I have oily skin to begin with, it feels great! Doesn't break me out. Also, I use this when my face is more red/inflamed than usual and it tones down the redness A LOT. The only thing I wish it did more of is minimize pimples. I can't really complain about this cause it's pretty much one of the best products I've found that work for acne. I'll continue using till I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by CookieDough117

This is probably the worst face mask I have ever used. I went into LUSH looking for a mask to help with blemishes and redness and the sales assistant recommended this as she said it had soothing properties and helped with redness. So given, I was really excited to try it. I tried it later that evening. The mask itself is a purple colour and contains blueberries. The smell is okay, nothing offensive but not amazing. I washed and dried my face and applied this all over my face and left it for 15-20 mins. The washing off process was really messy but so are a lot of other masks so this didn't bother me too much. What did bother me was the fact that after I had washed it all off and dried my face, when I looked in the mirror after a few minutes there were horrible white patches all over my face. When I touched my face all I could feel was a horrible talc powderiness. I thought maybe I hadn't washed it off properly so I washed my face again but no, it was still there. I even used toner on my face which did get rid of the whiteness for a while but my face still felt horrible, almost like I had a layer of talc all over my face. I did really want to like this mask. I thought that maybe I had left it on too long the first time so I tried it again after a few days, this time only leaving it on for 5-10 minutes. But I had exactly the same thing happen again. So so so disappointed with this, I would not recommend or repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really nice face mask to reduce redness and calm skin down either after sunburn, an allergic reaction or a rosacea flare-up. Feels nice on the skin, smells lovely, and quite simply, it works! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PolishScientist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is fantastic! I over exfoliated my chin, and it was red and burned like crazy! The LUSH cosmetic rep recommended this for calming and redness. It certainly did the trick! It smells earthy and wonderful. The consistency is thick and kind of chalky, but it felt so nice on my face. It dried after about 15 minutes (I applied a lot) and it cracked a little. When I washed it off, its like the water turned it into melting butter. It washed off so easily, and my face felt calmed and soothed afterwards. I could tell a noticeable difference in the redness of my face as well. The price for one pot was about $6, and I would say that you get 3 application out of one pot. That's only $2 per mask! Definitely worth it considering the awesome ingredients that are used. I'll be buying this mask a few times a month as a treat for myself. I'm HOOKED.

****KEEP IT REFRIGERATED*****