December 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I don't think this mask is doing anything special to my skin. I've used it up tonight. The smell is amazing and the scent lingers. I have to say this mask dries out pretty fast. It becomes drier after 2 weeks and it won't feel as good. I didn't see a major difference after I use this for about 3 weeks, but my skin do feel nice and soft after each time I've used it. In general it is an ok mask but I won't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I still don't know how I feel about this...1. The smell is really nice, kind of like blueberries and lavender. 2. It feels nice an cold from the fridge, and spreads thickly and evenly. 3. It is a PAIN to wash off... It initially feels easy and silky to wash off, but I notice that a very faint grey blue residue does NOT want to come off my face.i felt like this residue was what made it mattifying? 4. I've been through a whole pot of this and I don't think it's helped my acne at all (though it didn't break me out like the horrible mask of magnaminty) ya so I guess I will not repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have been using this for years. It is by far my favorite mask. It smells great and really calms my skin. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review on this product on my blog, check it out:

LOVE this face mask. Smells divine and can notice a difference in my skin as soon as I wash it off. Very good for acne-prone skin. Already re-purchased.

x

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to start my review by saying this: LOVELY SMELL! I didn't read the whole ingredients, I only know it has berry and clay in it, but whatever it is mixed in it, it smells really beautiful. This mask has the most beautiful smell among Love Lettuce and Brazened Honey.
If I talk about the effects on skin, there are some problems.It is hard to apply and it dries immediately after you put it on. While wearing this mask, I felt tightened and dry so much. After washing,the feeling was better. It really controlled the extreme oil, relieved the acnes and reduced the redness. Also it has no rigid particles in it for peeling, so it is safer for acne prone regions.

edit: not so beneficial in the long term for me. It dries the skin so much and after washing I decided that I didn't like the feeling actually. Also I didn't like the application, because it easily peels off while waiting. Among the masks I have used, I would prefer Love Lettuce or Brazened Honey not this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask, hands down. It makes my skin really soft and helps to reduce redness and swelling on my smaller pimples. For a face mask that is supposed to expire in two weeks, it is a little expensive, but I do find that I can get a months use out of this before it goes bad. It smells just like blueberries. Even when I use this at night, the next morning my face still smells really nice.

This is a great product for either a treat or for those looking to pamper themselves. My fridge is always stocked with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I just bought this product this evening as I was looking for a face mask that can calm my pimples. A few of them just popped out near my temple and cheek area after using Lush's Herbalism for a week or so. So I needed something that can calm and smoothen my skin.

Lush is quite expensive in Singapore, but that wouldn't stop us Lushies from getting their nice smelling stuffs.

First Impression: Mask felt and looked so good to eat, like ice cream in a tub. Smells delicious as well - Blueberry with a tinge of rose fragrance.

Application: Easy to apply. I left it on for about 5-7 minutes and wash off. Easy to wash off as well.

Today's the first time, so I can't really comment as to if I should buy it again although I am in love with the smell. My skin feels so good and soft now, it also has a matte finish and a soft glow that I like. I hope it doesn't break out on me!

EDIT: I gave this product from a 3 to 5 lippies as it is really awesome. After trying so many masks, this is the only one that can combat acne, oily skin, dry skin - everything! Plus, it gives you a bang for your buck because it is so gentle to use it everyday. Also, it is one product that will give you a velvety complexion and super smooth skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and sensitive skin, and I'm still looking for the go-to Lush mask. I decided to try Catastrophe Cosmetic because the saleswoman said it was good for reducing redness and calming the skin (it has calamine powder in it, I think). So I bought it.

Reviews here said that it would leave a talc powder on my face but it did not.

Consistency: By far the easiest Lush mask to put on. It goes on so smoothly. No patches. No mess. And it hardens after 10-15 minutes.

Smell: It smells like blueberries and roses, and to be honest, it smells absolutely divine. I almost didn't want to take it off!

Taking it off: Easy. Unlike the Mask of Magnaminty! This one doesn't take a lot of elbow grease.

Aftermath: This is not a miracle product. I still prefer other Lush masks. Afterwards my face feels hydrated and smooth but I see no difference in my overall appearance. It's just a face mask for the sake of being a face mask. I would not repurchase, but good for a light weekly face mask to give the skin a break.

***********

EDIT! I started breaking out with small red dots and small pimples all over my cheeks! Gah, my face has never been in a worse condition. Catastrophe indeed! Thank god Lush can trade for another face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I have used about 3 of the lush masks several times now and this one is my absolute favourite! It's such an amazing face mask and really soothes my skin. I have hyper pigmentation, scarring and redness all over my face . I usually put this on before having a shower and because it's so cold it just calms my skin down immediately! I take it off and my skin actually looks better. I love this stuff and would seriously recommend it if your prone to break outs !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RoxieHeart

This mask smells nice and didn't do my skin any harm but that's about the best I can say. I didn't feel like it did my skin any good. It dried it out a bit and left a white chalky coating that was a nightmare to wash off. The bits of blueberry in it seemed pointless and just made it more difficult to apply and wash off.