April 19, 2014 | 1320 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So gorgeous! This is the perfect bright coral-red. One of my favorite (and most used) OPI shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a native to louisiana the name of this color just drew me in alone. I first heard of this color under a photo of britney spears at the nail salon, i looked up the color and fell in love. Its such a lovely pinkish-orangey shade thats perfect for summer time and it makes your toes just so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by rawrcatx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If you happen to notice what pedi color I have on in the summer, it is 95% of the time OPI Cajun Shrimp. That says a lot because I get bored of colors very easily & won't stay addicted to one polish for long! Cajun Shrimp is a hot orangey-red coral that is perfect for summer. On my nails it's a bit bright, and for some reason I'm not too fond of it on long nails, but on toes it's perfection.
The lasting time wasn't spectacular for me but the shade is so so worth it. The formula is a breeze, one coat for near total opacity and two for a super shiny, opaque creme finish. It's a teeny bit thin but that's probably just me being picky.
If you're looking for a hot summer color, GET THIS. I usually think $8 for a polish is expensive but I will pay over and over for this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cajun Shrimp is a brilliant color. That is, if you can get it to stay on your nails for more than 24 hours. Even with a full manicure, base, top, & adequate drying time, I had chips the next morning before I even got dressed. ANd this goes for all OPI polishes, which is a big turn-off factor for me: the fat, clumsy, polish-clumping brush. Not everyone has a 90 inch wide nail bed! For pedicures, I don't even bother with the stupid OPI brush, I just use an art supply store thin paint brush to do the job properly and neatly. Why OPI is a salon favorite beats the hell out of me. Sure, the colors are great, but the brush is bad and the polish just doesn't stand up to daily life in itself. To me, that's not worth $8 a bottle. Realistically, any nail polish at some time is bound to chip. That's a fact of life. But to me, OPI isn't worth the price for the lousy application brush and going through all the trouble of a full manicure only to have it chip before you even get dressed the next day. There are better polishes out there, Essie, for one. And even good old Sally Hansen Diamond Hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The perfect Summer/Fall colour! A bright red with orange undertones. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lpl1012

I'm so obsessed with this color!!! So creamy and bright!! I cant get enough of this. In the bottle it looks reddish orange but on my toes its an orange/coral color. Its really an awesome summer color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There is a reason Cajun shrimp has been moved to OPI classics. It's a shade that is perfect for spring, summer, and fall. It is a creamy, opaque coral/orange/tangerine cremé finish polish that is perfect bottle color in only two coats, as expected from OPI polish. over seche vite base coat and topped with seche vite quick dry top coat, it wears like iron for days. I rarely have to touch this polish up, I only change it when it grows off or I get tired of the same color after a few days. a++ rating on this one!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cajun Shrimp is a very bright orange on me, not coral, I am not crazy about orange toes, unless you have a really dark tan. This polish reminds of the neon bathing suits in the early 90's. I have only worn this a couple of times. Since I do not sun tan anymore, it looks horrible on my pasty white feet. Now, since I am so white, I tend to wear darker colors...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This OPI color is a lovely creme mix of red, orange, and pink. It's very bright and looks beautiful as a summer pedicure color. I'm very fair (but tanned now) and cool toned and I love it, but I also think it would look good on darker and warmer toned ladies as well. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is turning me into a raving lunatic. I can't stop pointing at things! For me, that's the sign that I've found a new top shade.

The orangey, reddish coral of this polish is to-die-for gorgeous and sickeningly flattering to all skin tones. I'm pale as can be, and it makes me pop. My friends with darker complexions are equally thrilled with how it brightens their tones. I've never seen this color before, which is a comment most polishes strive for, but few receive. It's like an almost-neon strawberry cream.

I'm surprised by comparisons claiming Cajun Shrimp is somewhat of a dupe for Essie's Cute As A Button; not only is Cajun Shrimp much deeper and brighter, but it blows Cute As A Button (a color I like quite a bit) out of the water.

As expected with OPI, the formula is impeccable: thick without being goopy, long-wearing without requiring an hour of remaining completely motionless and highly-pigmented. One layer really was completely sufficient to achieve an opaque splash of color.

I highly recommend Cajun Shrimp for Spring and Summer. In fact, it's my new favorite color!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No