July 31, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

This stuff does a great job of taking off waterproof mascara but I'm also turned off by the oily-ness of it. It may not be made with oils but it still feels super oily? I don't get it. It's totally backwards advertising of a product. I'll use up the bottle I have but I'm not repurchasing.

Before this I was using a bit of baby shampoo on a wash cloth to take off eye make up as that's what my eye doctor recommended. He told me a lot of eye make up removers leave an oily residue on the eyeball and bacteria can get trapped in their leading to eye infections, yikes! The baby shampoo is gentle enough to be used as remover and also cleans out the eyes a bit too. I might just go back to that and stay away from other eye makeup removers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, removing waterproof mascara was a nightmare. I used Lancome's Bil-Facil for years. One day, I noticed Neutrogena's Oil Free eye makeup remover on a shelf in WalMart. It comes in a blue see through container. I saw the product was separated-just like Bi-Facil. It comes in 2 sizes. I decided to give it a try due to the huge price difference between Bi-Facil and Neutrogena's.
For me, Neutrogena is JUST AS GREAT as Bi-Facil! A found a terrific product by accident that works just as well for me as a costly one! Cartwheels! It's an awesome feeling!
Truly, for me, if these 2 products were in plain, unmarked containers, I'd never know the difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by badawe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very oily despite states oil free

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this once, brought it from Walmart for around $6-7, overpriced in my opinion. It's oil free but somehow way oily ??? Hated it because of the excessive oily-ness it also left an oily residue, did a decent job of removing eye makeup including waterproof mascara but its not better or cheaper than my Ponds Bio-hydrante, never would repurchase due to the oil, and I have a HG makeup remover now anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by livyourlife96

I absolutely love this makeup remover. The skin around the eye is very sensitive & this is a very gentle eye makeup remover. While there is an oily tone in it, I mostly feel that it is hydrating to the eye area and will result in much fewer wrinkles than other eye makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jasloves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have to agree with the other reviewers about this product being a little oily, but it is probably the only drugstore eye makeup remover that removes my gel eyeliner completely. Until i find another product, i'm stick to this bottle.
Don't forget to shake vigorously before use!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Fleurdesol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this eye make up remover. It's way too oily, even if it says oil-free on the bottle...
On the bright side, I find that it removes well waterproof mascara, and I only use it for that now. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I hate this stuff. If I read oil free, I expect something that is not oily. Sometimes I make an error in my eye-makeup application and I just need a quick fix with makeup remover and a qtip. This remover requires a face wash after use to get rid of the greasiness so it is useless to me as a fixer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Bought this because many reviews said it was a dupe for Bifacil....at a fraction of the cost of Lancome I gladly purchased this for $6.

Does it work? yea sure. Does it work well? No

. This product is not as gentle as I expected, It feels like water but with an oily film (oily eye mu remover doesnt bother me), but the product irritates my eyes and just overall isnt enjoyable to use. With so many other products out there this is not something I will tolerate. My eyes are itchy and burn after use and I have to use a ton of this to get rid of everything on my eyes (okay I will say I wear several layers of waterproof mascara). Sure its only $6, but if I go through a bottle a month that really doesnt help me too much.

Bottom line: better than water alone or a harsh cleanser, but more irritating than other products out there and no where near as effective as Bifacil.

I was using coconut oil prior to this (unless I have a bifacil gwp around, in which case I happily use that), coconut oil works better than the Nuetrogena, less irritating and way cheaper (slightly messier but whatever, I will deal with that rather than burning eyes)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

When I first used this, I was amazed at how it easily took off my makeup. It didn't even feel oily or greasy at all! I would have given this 5 stars...if only it didn't start acting weird.
The more I used this product, the more it got greasy and messy. It still did the job of removing my makeup, but it felt incredibly uncomfortable to put something that felt like sticky oil onto my eyes.
Since it did the job, I'm giving it three stars.